「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 3, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #171,376 of 177,745
I don't particularly mind if it's the kid's own money; that's on him. He can learn the hard way or not learn at all and stay like that until adulthood. Those people are always going to exist; I'm fine not helping them. Though it gets to the point where you don't really go out of your way on forums to help people anymore b/c you see people like that all the time; mostly just people you know well IRL or something.

The alternative is to write a guide that people can take the advice from or leave.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #171,378 of 177,745
  heh, got a cheap laugh from this.

true.... there'll be no tech support if everyone knows how to turn things off and on again and use google.

We'll be out of a job Borisu if logic and knowledge worked in this world

I know I go to an art school and people aren't really tech savy. But I got really scared when half the people in my web design class didn't understand the concept of a desktop computer. 

They were like: "What's that trash can thing (Mac Pro) supposed to do? Wait, the computer isn't in the monitor?" 

That trash can....lol. You are making me lose faith in humanity

Meh, classmate got this laptop and had problems with it BSODing all the time, he's still not sure what the problem is. That 120hz panel is cool though.
Lol ain't that the truth! Did you try any of that sweet matcha tea yet?
I'll buy your 1060 Lolololol
Yes! When isn't it a good year?
Yes, evey and I just tried most of the lineup in Japan other than the ayas and lower and universals.

Hmm, we haven't ran into any issues. But then again, we installed all new drivers from the mobo website as opposed to using it stock.

I'll let you know if it comes down to it lol

FitEar ...
Very well made CIEM but my wallet say "no thank you" to it.
frown.gif

Tested 334 half year ago, sweet female vocal and a nice match for anime theme songs.

my-minds-telling-ep7v2k.jpg

There are quite a few Cu now, there is the standard FSN UBW Cu

There is also their well endowed sensei Scathach

She is popular for a few reasons

FGO is confirmed canon!

Hehe. I know why. Cuz plot

And niceu! we get a series! hopefully people won't be confused by all the events going around that are in their own little isolated canon universes

Jiiiiiii~~~

M.2 itself is a useless port unless the person is hyper invested in PCIe M.2 SSDs but the entry cost for those are too high; only a few will have that much money in their pocketbook to burn and those are usually the adults going in new; younger people at least have their parents to limit their spending.

Those are fighting words. Every computer I've had for the last 1.5 years has used an M.2 SSD. Basically the fastest stuff on the market atm. Especially considering full size PCIE x# slot SSDs are basically no longer being done. And even then, it was mostly Intel that was doing those. Samsung and many manufactuers are pushing full force into M.2

They also currently have decent price. But with insane performance. 

I wouldn't say I have too much money to burn but that as an enthusiast. I find such expenses as part of my being as a person. A person needs love and hobbies to sustain themselves....and then of course the puchase of said materials to keep their happiness (I'm basic AF) 

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #171,380 of 177,745
The performance increase from M.2 isn't that noticeable in actual use sadly.

I haven't been able to go ham on PC hardware like I did when I was in year 1-2 uni. Lack of decent performance upgrades (for the money) have kinda meant it never felt worth it. Even now my 2700K (that I overclocked so it single core turbos to 5.3GHz and 4 core turbos to 5) is fine. Been setting the money I haven't been spending on audio schiit and PC schiit into a investment account that'll hopefully fund my first house.

Ryzen is legit the most exciting thing to happen to PC hardware in years.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #171,381 of 177,745
  The performance increase from M.2 isn't that noticeable in actual use sadly.

I haven't been able to go ham on PC hardware like I did when I was in year 1-2 uni. Lack of decent performance upgrades (for the money) have kinda meant it never felt worth it. Even now my 2700K (that I overclocked so it single core turbos to 5.3GHz and 4 core turbos to 5) is fine. Been setting the money I haven't been spending on audio schiit and PC schiit into a investment account that'll hopefully fund my first house.

Ryzen is legit the most exciting thing to happen to PC hardware in years.

Probably not much in actual use for normal people.

But we use the MSI GS63VR with the M.2 SSD for computer vision. Lots of small file moving, write, read and what not. Much faster on the MSI than one with the typical SSD.

And we needed the laptop to be small and power efficent in terms of draw which M.2 affords.

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #171,382 of 177,745

Those are fighting words. Every computer I've had for the last 1.5 years has used an M.2 SSD. Basically the fastest stuff on the market atm. Especially considering full size PCIE x# slot SSDs are basically no longer being done. And even then, it was mostly Intel that was doing those. Samsung and many manufactuers are pushing full force into M.2

I wouldn't say I have too much money to burn but that as an enthusiast. I find such expenses as part of my being as a person. A person needs love and hobbies to sustain themselves....and then of course the puchase of said materials to keep their happiness (I'm basic AF) 

For a desktop? I rarely see people put M.2 SSDs into their build or desktop manufacturers sell desktops that have the M.2 slot occupied; Most M.2 usage is in higher end laptops and more powerful mini PCs.

You don't see PCIe x4 SSDs until you hit somewhere above the $1000 mark, closer to say $1300-$1500 (low end XPS 13 is an exception since you can usually pick one up for...$700-800 if you're good at hunting but MSRP is still basically $1000+) although you have to shell out even more if you want its writes to be fast as well because the PM951 that's used in basically almost every windows laptop w/ a M.2 scales very quickly w/ the amount of flash you have unlike the 960 Pro which is more consistent or Apple's own SSDs which give pretty monstrous performance for writes as well even in lower capacities. Writes on the 128GB and 256GB PM951's are pretty meh from what I've seen.

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #171,383 of 177,745
Here are the alcohols I got from japan btw:

I also bought some crown royal, fireball and some other liqueur Kalbee recommended me since all of it in Canada was tax free and didn't count toward my limits because I was past American customs. 

Definitely regret not buying some Hibiki though, i thought another 5k yen on a bottle was expensive but it's $75 here in my state... T_T

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #171,385 of 177,745
heh, got a cheap laugh from this.

true.... there'll be no tech support if everyone knows how to turn things off and on again and use google.

I would argue that enterprise tech support is pretty useful. Though in retrospect, most of the issues I call in with are due to their not so wonderful in house software.

Mmmh those were some sweet sweet screwdrivers, thanks again SS! I used them to replace the cancerous TN panel with an IPS one....only 65% odd SRGB coverage but at least contrast and viewing angles are usable now. Time to calibrate...

Seeing those side by side is terrifying.

There is also their well endowed sensei Scathach

She is popular for a few reasons

Not just a couple?

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #171,386 of 177,745
I would argue that enterprise tech support is pretty useful. Though in retrospect, most of the issues I call in with are due to their not so wonderful in house software.

yes, enterprise support is to make up for lack of proper documentation most of the time and internally well-known issues/workarounds other times......

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #171,387 of 177,745
  For a desktop? I rarely see people put M.2 SSDs into their build or desktop manufacturers sell desktops that have the M.2 slot occupied; Most M.2 usage is in higher end laptops and more powerful mini PCs.

You don't see PCIe x4 SSDs until you hit somewhere above the $1000 mark, closer to say $1300-$1500 (low end XPS 13 is an exception since you can usually pick one up for...$700-800 if you're good at hunting but MSRP is still basically $1000+) although you have to shell out even more if you want its writes to be fast as well because the PM951 that's used in basically almost every windows laptop w/ a M.2 scales very quickly w/ the amount of flash you have unlike the 960 Pro which is more consistent or Apple's own SSDs which give pretty monstrous performance for writes as well even in lower capacities. Writes on the 128GB and 256GB PM951's are pretty meh from what I've seen.

Yeah and those are the machines I've been buying lol.

My desktop has one and any next storage I buy for my desky will have the M.2 slot filled.

But its very observable nowadays seeing manufactuers pretty much flocking entirely to solid state and M.2. They are, in specs, choosing to (if feasable in price) use the M.2 slot over the standard sata if possible which is seen with the high end XPS 15 with top battery blocking off the sole SATA slot for just using M.2

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #171,388 of 177,745

Yes, though difference in usual real world performance between PCIe ssd and a normal sata ssd isn't really that big...

Probably not much in actual use for normal people.

But we use the MSI GS63VR with the M.2 SSD for computer vision. Lots of small file moving, write, read and what not. Much faster on the MSI than one with the typical SSD.

And we needed the laptop to be small and power efficent in terms of draw which M.2 affords.

Ah, then in this case, yes, very useful. ^_^

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #171,390 of 177,745
Yes, though difference in usual real world performance between PCIe ssd and a normal sata ssd isn't really that big...

depends on what you're doing... for me it's a server hosting VMs and the difference is literially #day_and_night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back