「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 31, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #171,256 of 177,745
  Wait I lied.

LOL CHU CHULAINNE IS STILL THE SAME.

Already my favorite character.

EMIYA counter balance feels pretty boring now. He had more cool in F/SN UBW regardless of how trash it was. The one likable character in F/SN UBW outside of Chu Chulainne.

At this point it's just worth skipping to the old rivalry from FSN UBW since that char interaction is more fun.

Edit: nevermind I guess it was obvious in hindsight he was a redshirt.

Edit: oookayyy what's happening. And did Urobutcher write this? Because that was fast even for him.

Just finished the movie OVA as well.

Archer in this series looks much more like
Emiya
which can be a bit spoilery but oh wells.

I don't belive Butcher was involved. What we see here isn't Fate canon but rather just really a story for a mobile game which is why the ending last 20 minutes were the way it was.

Still entertaining though.

I enjoyed the fight at the japanese temple as it had many nostalgic fight sequences and references

7.5/10

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #171,258 of 177,745

Me from all the FATE hype of 2017

C1A6MweUAAElrBh.jpg

Saber was featured on Newtype for Jan 2017....as well.....FOUR FRICKING FSN series coming out this year!

So fricking hype

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #171,261 of 177,745
meh. CNY (AKA: free money festival) is happier.

Ah, yes, the only major holiday where you literally give money. Chinese culture and the obsession with money is strong within my family. A little too materialistic to be honest. :frowning2:

Thinking back, when I was small, the number one aspect of Chinese New Year was the money. Everything else came secondary, even though I didn't even spend money (spending even half a yuan back then was crazy for me. In my family, everyone is taught to save save save save save money, as much as you can). I wish the environment taught me to actually enjoy my time with people instead, rather than going time will pass by faster so I can go into my room and count how much money everyone gave me. It's like my personal value in other people's eyes is based on how much they gave me compared to my cousins. When my parents were small, they will kneel/bow and smash their heads on the ground. The harder they smash their heads/life the sound, the MOT money they get for their efforts. The idea is that you really show respect to your elders, even at the expense your own sufferings, but let's be real, that stuff comes secondary; it's all for the money. I imagine the impact on self esteem if the person doesn't get as much money as they thought they would in return. :frowning2: If I really respect someone, I'll run to them and give them a firm hug, and I definitely won't feel terrible it they don't pay me for it. Free hugs anyone?

(>^-^)>

If i ever have kids, I'll never follow this tradition of giving money. We will go out and eat, watch movies, share stories, build stuff, maybe even get drunk if the kid is old enough, but I will never let them base their expectations on how to celebrate a new start on how much money they get.

Oh, and it's only happy when you are young. Now that I think back, I wonder how it must be for my parents and grandparents to prepare money for all those far relatives who they barely even met. I don't even know any of my mother's 5 sisters or their crazy large families with kids. Must be a pain to keep track of all the money you need to give out to others. :p

Happy New Years everyone~

I'm sure by now, everyone on the planet has reached the new year, except for this poor friend:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

As with every year, I'll be ranting about random stuff, as I'm always sick at this time of the year and I am a terrible pessimistic person that need to reflect and complain about all the issues I've had, just to serve my own selfish needs as it's all about me, so feel free to ignore me~

If not and you still read my stupid long posts, cheers and have a wonderful year. ♥

----------

I wanna have a poutine now...

ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #171,262 of 177,745
Lol Rik.... but rockets have very sensitive aerodynamic needs. Having a weight offset to the extreme on one side (especially on a single stage rocket with no carnards or directional fins) would be heavilly dangerous and probably not work

With current technology? No. We can't even make a working SSTO. Maybe with the SABRE engine we can.
But they can make huge mech suits. Why shouldn't their rocketry be a little bit more advanced? With some good engine gimbals you've got pitch and yaw covered, add some RCS and you can probably control your roll just fine as well. Plus, if the rocket is filled with kerosene, the Gundam won't weigh so much compared to the rest of the rocket at least until they're most of the way out of the atmosphere. Remember that the design of the space shuttle launch vehicle was also not radially symmetric and did just fine. In fact compared to that, strapping a Gundam to a rocket is not so different.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #171,263 of 177,745
With current technology? No. We can't even make a working SSTO. Maybe with the SABRE engine we can.
But they can make huge mech suits. Why shouldn't their rocketry be a little bit more advanced? With some good engine gimbals you've got pitch and yaw covered, add some RCS and you can probably control your roll just fine as well. Plus, if the rocket is filled with kerosene, the Gundam won't weigh so much compared to the rest of the rocket at least until they're most of the way out of the atmosphere. Remember that the design of the space shuttle launch vehicle was also not radially symmetric and did just fine. In fact compared to that, strapping a Gundam to a rocket is not so different.

Considering how complex the Gundams are and how humans can control them to such a sophisticated degree on the fly during battle, performing from fine movements to acrobatics that at times, even a living, will trained and experienced human wouldn't dare to do, and even improvising when the machines are heavily damaged/not even fully functional, I'm sure a small offset of weight of no biggie.

-------

https://www.facebook.com/funnypetslove/videos/877222709079125/

I can die now.

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #171,264 of 177,745
Alrighty, year is over, time for AOTY lists.

Wasn't easy this year:
  • Erased
  • Flip Flappers
  • Yuri on Ice
  • Flying Witch
  • Durararararararararara X2

Short-AOTY
  1. Koyomimonogatari

Rakugo might have ended up in that list if I had finished it in time :p

Bonus OTY list....videogames!

Even harder to pick than anime:
  • Dark Souls 3
  • VA-11 HALL-A aka Waifu Bartending Simulator
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Stardew Valley
  • Pokemon Moon

Don't know why Overwatch is not on this list.
FF15 is probably on there but I haven't played it yet.

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #171,265 of 177,745
  • Dark Souls 3
  • VA-11 HALL-A
  • Stardew Valley
  • Pokemon Moon

To top it all:

0. TES V: Skyrim Modded Edition

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #171,266 of 177,745

To top it all:

0. TES V: Skyrim Modded Edition

Eeeehhhhh I played that for like 300 hours when it came out.
I installed the special remix extra redux edition but only played it for like two hours. I've seen and done everything in that game that is to see and do.

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #171,267 of 177,745
  Eeeehhhhh I played that for like 300 hours when it came out.
I installed the special remix extra redux edition but only played it for like two hours. I've seen and done everything in that game that is to see and do.

But not all the quest mods that come out every hour.
biggrin.gif

I wanted to say: "0. TES V: Skyrim Modded Edition of 2016," to reflect all the new awesome quest mods/story altering mods/additions, but that would be too long.

You can never finish this game as it will never complete until the modding community dies.

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #171,269 of 177,745

Lol, we getting into future theoretical physics now lol.

You got me there with the Space Shutle thing....orz

Alrighty, year is over, time for AOTY lists.

Wasn't easy this year:
  • Erased
  • Flip Flappers
  • Yuri on Ice
  • Flying Witch
  • Durararararararararara X2

Short-AOTY
  1. Koyomimonogatari

Rakugo might have ended up in that list if I had finished it in time :p

• Dark Souls 3
  • VA-11 HALL-A aka Waifu Bartending Simulator
  • Stardew Valley
  • Pokemon Moon
  •  

I didn't know you liked Erased that much. Hmm

Anime I enjoyed this year in no order

1. Ajin Demi Human Season 2
  2. 91 Days
  3. Alderamin on the sky
  4. Erased
  5. Flip Flappers
  6. Gate , thus JSDF 
  7. Girlish Number
  8. Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
  9. Haven't you heard, I'm Sakamoto
  10. Haifuri (High School Fleet)
  11. Izetta: Last Witch
  12. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
  13. Keijo!!!
  14. Konosuba
  15. March comes in like a Lion
  16. Mob Psycho 100
  17. Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Booded Orphans
  18. My Hero Academia
  19. My Wife is the Student Council President
  20. New Game!
  21. Re:Zero Starting Life in another world from zero
  22. ReLIFE
  23. Sekko BOYS
  24. She and Her Cat
  25. Showa Genroku Rakugo
  26. Hibike Euphonium
  27. Yuri on Ice!!

Top Anime I liked this year
  • Re:Zero
  • Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (Season 2)
  • Ajin (Season 2)
  • Konosuba, Mob Psycho 100, My Hero Academia
  • Grimgar, Alderamin, ReLIFE, Erased

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #171,270 of 177,745
Ufotable Just posted a new years card and Sakura is in it with a Kimonoo......so hnnnnnnng
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5lemcq/new_years_cards_from_ufotable_link_in_comments/

There is just something about Fate characters and Kimonos that.....just make it so good

Saekano characters in Kimonos are also OP as hell

kimonogirls.png.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back