「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #171,121 of 177,745
Just made my first Hi-Fi purchase in years. Got some Shure SE215 to replace my bad IEM's that I lost.

Awesome!

Also, just a final random question: does eating before a Judo session result in a lot of stomach-churning nausea due to all the throwing? o(0_0)o?

Not really. In fact I usually ate before doing Judo, since otherwise I would get dizzy from burning too much energy. Though back then I was definitely not in shape. I don;t think it would be such a problem for me now.

Plus, if you know how to throw well it doesn't really harm your partner.

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #171,123 of 177,745
  Psh. You need to experience the single-digit FPS drops of Drakengard 3 and the monotony of 1 to feel the real despair of those games. :^)

damn.... that sounds horrible...

This is now my fav track of NieR:

RIP Devola and Popola.....

Got some serious feels from this arrange after hearing the originals for so long back in the village.

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #171,125 of 177,745
22.gif

[*]

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #171,126 of 177,745
Just made my first Hi-Fi purchase in years. Got some Shure SE215 to replace my bad IEM's that I lost.
Not really. In fact I usually ate before doing Judo, since otherwise I would get dizzy from burning too much energy. Though back then I was definitely not in shape. I don;t think it would be such a problem for me now.

I see I see.

Thanks for your time buddy! ^_^

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #171,127 of 177,745
Psh. You need to experience the single-digit FPS drops of Drakengard 3 and the monotony of 1 to feel the real despair of those games. :^)

Yaaaaas.

If NiER: Automata can maintain 30+ fps during boss battles, it will be the greatest proof of improvement of technologies in the centuries! :0

But still, dat soundtrack.

O. M. G. The chaotic nostalgia!

Strangely I'm still listening to the music of Drakengard 3 to this day. Not as good as NiER music, but still up there. There was a remix of Emil Karma from NiER in the Drakengard 3 DLC. I didn't like the one with vocals all that much. The of vocal one thou...I loved it! Sadly I can only find it in the game. I can't find an instrumental version anywhere.

Ah well.

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgy7IbVRvek[/Video]

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SAC4KWQg2s[/Video]

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9izExqTCFQg[/Video]

I just really like these three songs for some reason:

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvN5XKrcBtU[/Video]

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbbjhQY4Fs[/VIDEO]

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwxIstzusRE[/Video]

This thou...

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #171,128 of 177,745
  For those of you that have seen the Tales of Zestiria The X anime

Do you think I should continue it? I'm on ep5 and wondering if it has substance?  I like the animation but the story has been meh so far. Cute characters though

You mean you don't watch it for the cute girls?

x2. Cute girls first, trying to find plot later.

Dec 27, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #171,129 of 177,745

But B2 tho

Lol, I don't think this and Tales of Zestria are the same lol

I was already in front of PC but was browsing things when it had 4 mins left and eventually missed it.

I might have a need for CIntiq anyway and it's cool to show off yo.
But remember priorities.

You mean you don't watch it for the cute girls?

Looking at the GL552VW. A bit of a trade off. Still uses PWM across all brightness, and I know I'm very sensitive to it compared to the average person, but the flicker rate is above 20khz.

The screen is accurate enough for me, very high specs for the deals I can find, and the design seems very well implemented on the surface. No throttling even under torture tests.

Anyone got first hand experience with this one by any chance?

Dell, you never cease to impress me with your logic.

blink.gif

i c i c...

So the powerful i3, it's proprietary GPU and the storage that's cut in half the size is what warrants the price difference! It makes so much sense! How have I not thought of that???!!!!!!!

eek.gif

APUS browser for Android is so fast...

If only it has smoother animations, has a way to set the use agent to "iPhone" like Dolphin, and has a way to quickly scroll to the top like on Safari. Then it will be perfect..

Yeah, XPS 15 has some weird prices

I thought about getting SE215s way in the past

What do you think of them?

x2. Cute girls first, trying to find plot later.

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #171,130 of 177,745
Just finished watching NieR RepliCant.

so.... this is a story about the ultimate battle between onii-chans, who has the stronger love for their kawaii imouto?  I love it! xDD

I had to do quite a bit of reading on wikia to really get the big picture tho, think I'll watch Drag-On Dragon 3 followed by 1 next.

Also on Automata, glad to see Emil back :)
but,

why's Devola and Popola featured in Automata? aren't they supposed to be dead?

I'd also want to know what happened between RepliCant/Gestalt and Automata because

AFAIK, humanity is doomed by the end of RepliCant/Gestalt, they killed most of the gestalts, the books are dead and replicants can't reproduce

so how does the whole thing where humanity fled to the moon before Automata work?
but I guess a lot could've happened in almost 10k years...

Overall, awesome game.
So much feels and all of the OSTs just make the game feel epic

From the wiki, it says that this is in the same universe but doesn't specifically say it's within the same timeline as the previous Nier game. Could be an alternate version of the same world.

As for the Replicant/Gestalt war, i assume that's just in the old game as the setting is a proxy war between the Alien invander's Machines vs Human's Automata

Lol, I don't think this and Tales of Zestria are the same lol

It doesn't. :wink: But the twin's design reminded me of B2's dress so I just put it in there. :p

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #171,131 of 177,745
Spent the whole day watching Drakengard 3 and reading about the whole universe.

Yoko Taro's writing really reminds me of Urobuchi Gen's early works....
gotta use up the entire cast and make the player despair, use resurrection / clone / time tricks so we can kill the cast a few more times!

I thought Zero was Emilia-tan for a moment ther....
tongue.gif

The Gestalt project might have a backup "Original Gestalt" in case Nier (shadowlord) fails somehow so humanity is in fact not doomed by the end of NieR's events.

I think this makes perfect sense considering the scale of this project... I mean resting the entire fate of humanity on the shoulders of a single teen might not actually be such a good idea afterall.

also whoever designed 2B's dress has to be a genius, it provides the perfect ratio of action and fanservice!
I bet half the Automata fans came for the pan-chira.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #171,132 of 177,745
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/27-1/creator-of-your-name-asks-people-to-stop-seeing-it

I'm on it.

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #171,133 of 177,745
I thought about getting SE215s way in the past

What do you think of them?

They sound pretty decent actually, better than what I expected for the price. For example my HD 25-1 II's cost 1.5x as much, but I think these Shure's sound a bit better. More clarity, OK soundstage. Treble is not so great, and bass doesn't reach that low, otherwise nothing wrong.. A lot of isolation too, but I found a bit hard to get a good seal. The memory foam tips keep falling out my ear when I move my jaw too much, so I use the rubber tips, but they leave something to be desired in terms of comfort.

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #171,134 of 177,745
  http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/27-1/creator-of-your-name-asks-people-to-stop-seeing-it

I'm on it.

His wish is my command.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #171,135 of 177,745
Finished Nodame S1 poi. Easily a 9/10 or 10/10 for me :>
Carry on to S2.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back