「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 20, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #170,657 of 177,745
I have ordered the other Purpleheart headphone. orz

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #170,660 of 177,745
  Less quality shows every season probably, at least that's how I view it. I haven't really found anything recently that approaches the level of quality some older anime have.

Time filters out the bad ones out of your memory and only the good ones survive. ^_^

Quote:
Also the more you watch, the less easily you're surprised by new stuff. You start comparing shows more to the ones you've already watched, and it becomes harder to enjoy shows, even if only a little.

Imagine how it would be like working in the industry then, or any similar fields of the entertainment industry. Harder to see past all the patterns and tricks used to make things work, even if it seems new to the average person. Of course, the creative process may make up for it, depending on how lucky you are with your job position.

Space Dandy was a trap.

Loooooool!

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #170,664 of 177,745
Dec 21, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #170,668 of 177,745

The dying industry that is having record profits?

But the revenue for Japanese domestic commercial studios (which is the more important figure IMO) hasn't recovered to pre-GFC levels yet, and that's worrying in a world of endless growth in other markets. To put that in perspective, it takes Apple THREE DAYS to make the YEARLY revenue for all of said studios. THREE. DAYS.

Here's hoping internet video distribution will help save them, and distribution as a whole really, I can't be bothered paying exorbitant markups for anime goods here in Australia.

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #170,669 of 177,745

The first 6-10ish episodes were really good.

I feel like there may be a very minor sensor reporting issue on this T420.

I found the episodes around the 10-20 to be very good and the rest to be 'fairly' good. 

Lol, that RPM

(Re;Zero) I feel like it started at that 9/10 level then slowly dropped to an 8/10 and eventually to a 7/10 at the end. There was always something that really irked me about Subaru's character and it started getting really disorganized near the end.

Now that it's probably started snowing for most people a good show to bundle up to is Mushishi. Get your hot chocolate and favorite blanket in front of your fireplace (or your PC if it's running an older flagship GPU) and start watching.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to put Euphonium S2 on the "great shows this season" list because most of the music is recycled and there doesn't feel like there's much happening. S1 at least the music was new at the time (and the RYDEEN marching band cover was really catchy) and had the gorgeous mountain scene with fantastic music to pair with it.

Hm each season so far is feeling more underwhelming than the last. There doesn't seem like there's a lot of fantastic anime anymore. Most of those are much older.

Re Zero is weird for me in that I understand why it dropped off. It's due to the production and author not wanting a cliff hanger and thus they dragged on certain parts of the whale hunt instead of focusing.

I am quite a fan of what the series does with Subaru's character. There was a video posted a while back that describes it fairly well.

Euphonium S2 is just a good watch is all. Yeah, nothing dramatic has changed in its overall formula. Still really just daily lives of (potential) yuri girls practicing and performing concenrts

Oh lord, Panda man and his Panda express :p

Ah I see. Well hopefully some people will stick around... I thought you were going to go back home though once you graduated originally? 

I had Panda Express 5 times in the last week. I kid you not.

Yeah, I am...still ...lonley

Ehe.

Bought a Lenovo X230.... just over 200 dollarydoos in great condition. You can't even buy the i5-3320M CPU from Intel for that much, these ex-lease laptops are superb value.

Ordered an IPS panel too...I'm getting real sick of this TN nonsense. 
tongue.gif

That's a nice deal :) University Auctions around me do sell them even cheaper....but in questionable untestable condition
  Geez always having anime convos on weekends when I don't stop by. This is a communist conspiracy perpetrated by the Panda >:|

I'm 50 episodes away from 20,000. Wondering if I should quit anime then......

Sorry man. It may be a conspiracy after all
  Kaby Lake and GTX 1050 confirmed for the new XPS 15, looks like it's launching pretty soon.

Nice

Right after I got mine lol

Witcher 3.... Choices, choices, choices.. I've spoiled myself a bit by accident, and that put so much pressure on me as I realized a random dialogue I chose without thought might have impacted the game a lot. ;O;

I think I might have to kill the new waifu I just found...with my own hands...

Please don't do this to me...

:'(

Got my first red screen of death in my new computer. "New," even though it's a year old and half the warranty is gone for almost all the components.
tongue.gif

It still feels like a new computer as I never really used it.

Radon's Chill feature is pretty chill. I couldn't tell a difference at all switching between the two, and despite my programs clearly showing the GPU calming down and lowering the frame rate by 20 to 30 fps when I'm not moving the mouse, it doesn't affect me at all, even when I'm riding fast through landscapes. Higher frame rates really only shine when you are moving the mouse a lot to turn your camera. The smoothness/choppiness gives it away, and the Chill feature really takes advantage of this, so even when the character is moving, as long as you are not scrubbing the mouse, you don't notice the frame rate is cut almost in half. Now... If only the memory clock can also be dynamically downclocked too...

Accumulated 20 hours of Witcher 3. Accidentally kicked my glasses and they are completely deformed now. Need to take a break and get back to work. And back to shoveling the snow...

Happy holidays everyone! ^_^

Yeah, I accidentally spoiled myself on one or two Witcher 3 portions while going through the game and looking at dialogue choices and answers. The only real waifu is YEN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back