「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #163,007 of 177,744
Umm locks do nothing to deter anyone actual/seasoned thief, i.e. not just some junkie. Picking simpler locks like bike locks is almost laughably easy with any practice. But why even bother when you can just pull lock clippers out of a duffel bag.

That's why my lock is a lock intended for a full gate. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #163,008 of 177,744

What's /ak/?

A cyclical thread on 4chan's /a/ about IIRC military anime. The name comes from combining /a/ - anime board and /k/ - weapons/military board.

Ahh okay, I see. That makes a lot of sense. 
tongue.gif

Fair enough, I'll try that too.

Black Lagoon yes. Although Jormungand is more tactical and more about operators operating operationally.
Hmm what else... about guns? Gunslinger Girl is full of little girls (not sexualized and not moe) working for government and they are pr0s but nevertheless still more tactical and operators than Utoppe too.

Oh yeah black lagoon was amazing!!! And I've watched the first episode of Gunslinger Girl but that was right back when I started watching anime and wasn't too interested in it. Still, I'll consider it too!

Do you lock your bike? I am so afraid of that happening despite being a law enforcer (It's a temp job ...) myself so if i have to nip off somewhere further than a few meters away or several minutes I would get it locked.

Umm locks do nothing to deter anyone actual/seasoned thief, i.e. not just some junkie. Picking simpler locks like bike locks is almost laughably easy with any practice. But why even bother when you can just pull lock clippers out of a duffel bag.

From what I've heard some of the thicker bike locks require pretty hefty bolt cutters or a circular saw.. But regardless, yeah, you're screwed if someone really wants your bike. Sorta like anything in any security situation.

Just got a headphone amplifier that does 1.5W @ 32 ohms..........

wellp...time to buy some  6 inch driver 'headphones' and power the mini home theatre setup with them

Lol I wonder if the amp could handle an 8ohm load so you could run speakers off of it. :p

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #163,009 of 177,744
  Ahh okay, I see. That makes a lot of sense. 
tongue.gif

Oh yeah black lagoon was amazing!!! And I've watched the first episode of Gunslinger Girl but that was right back when I started watching anime and wasn't too interested in it. Still, I'll consider it too!

From what I've heard some of the thicker bike locks require pretty hefty bolt cutters or a circular saw.. But regardless, yeah, you're screwed if someone really wants your bike. Sorta like anything in any security situation.

Lol I wonder if the amp could handle an 8ohm load so you could run speakers off of it. :p

Not sure actually, but the output impedance is technically noted to be very low at less than 1 Ohm so maybe......not that that is the whole and only thing that makes running an 8ohm speaker work lol

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #163,010 of 177,744
  Some ******* ******* stole my 800€ bicycle.
You want to know what manages to make me angry?
**** like this.
I'm rarely ever angry about/with something/someone. Most of the time I just feel disappointment.
Not in this case because i'm ******* tired of all this.
What do these people think? I can't wrap my mind around it.

Dang, that really sucks. Isn't the first time, either. Hope this will cheer you up a little bit...

After a quick reverse image search... http://myanimelist.net/anime/12317/Upotte!!
Wut? That's a thing?!?!?!? Now I must watch, for the sake of all the girls guns!

Think I'm becoming a true 'Murican and getting hooked on guns just a bit....

*adds to list*

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #163,012 of 177,744
Just got a headphone amplifier that does 1.5W @ 32 ohms..........

wellp...time to buy some  6 inch driver 'headphones' and power the mini home theatre setup with them

That's still not enough to power planar headphones according to audiophool logic. You need at least 3 W or else it'll sound like crap.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #163,016 of 177,744
  Not super impressed with any of the new consoles though. 

The PS4 has too many exclusives that I really want to play.
No way around it.

Erased Episode 1:

This may be the first anime that actually casually/subtly makes a reference towards the illegality of riding on the back of a bicycle while doing it.....wow

And how did you like the first episode beside that?
I thought it was fantastic.

Dang, that really sucks. Isn't the first time, either. Hope this will cheer you up a little bit...

popcorn.gif

Awesome runs at AGDQ this year, now I'm ready for a new semester at school starting tomorrow 
biggrin.gif

Really good AGDQ! The TASBot stuff this year was nuts.

I haven't slept all night again. *sigh*

AGDQ? :p

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #163,018 of 177,744
About to go outfield, keep posting peeps!
Give me something to read on them dark, cold nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back