「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 12, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #160,456 of 177,744
  Happy birthday to Borisu!

....and btw just noticed her birthday is 11Nov as well :p

(belated) thanks for all the birthday wishes guys!
biggrin.gif

I've had 3 due dates and a midterm on 11.11 so I spent the most of today sleeping lol

also quoting Kirin onto a new page because who doesn't like Kirin (in which ever context you prefer) :)

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #160,458 of 177,744
(belated) thanks for all the birthday wishes guys! :D
I've had 3 due dates and a midterm on 11.11 so I spent the most of today sleeping lol

also quoting Kirin onto a new page because who doesn't like Kirin (in which ever context you prefer) :)

One more belated birthday wish from me!

ltaxRUM.gif

Did you know that 11/11 is also Singles' Day? I only recently found out.

Why a vertical stand? Mine sits upright without the need for additional support.

same here... leaning to the wall safe and nice :p
save the bucks for a game instead of that stand

But...ventilation...

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #160,459 of 177,744
2016 AAMML holiday gift exchange thread is posted:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/787365/winter-2016-aamml-holiday-gift-exchange

Awesome, thanks for hosting it again! I was just thinking about that yesterday...

Edit: I just realized I've had a new pair of Bose QC25's just sitting in the hallway for a few months...still in box...

xKs2HJU.jpg

Whoa, nice!!! As much as I don't like white tech stuff versus black, I think this console looks amazing and I want one!

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #160,460 of 177,744

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving Day so for those who don't it's nice b/c all of the Thanksgiving celebrating people are generally gone. It's gotten more to the point of just staying home and ordering things online too. Most of the deals I feel are for garbage products w/ too much stock. Cyber Monday is better for electronics anyways. You're probably better off looking at clothing or furniture or something on Black Friday than good electronics IMO. The only thing that might be worthwhile is game consoles and video games.

I know they're for the family but nobody has touched them ever. I think I'll just take them...I'd probably appreciate them more anyways. Probably won't bother using them till I travel though and as far as I know that might not be until next summer if I happen to fly back to China.

Huh, that's a good point, usually I don't think about people who don't celebrate Thanksgiving but that's a very good point!

And yeah the only good deal IMO for electronics would be a game console. I kind of want a PS4 but at the same time I don't think I'd actually use it enough to justify it, tbh. Last year I did get a bunch of houseware stuff (cheap appliances, airbed) on BF for the following year when I knew I'd be living on my own, and a fancy coat from Men's Wearhouse for like 70% off but I did all my electronics shopping throughout the month of November on Newegg. 
biggrin.gif

At least Newegg was smart enough to rename Black Friday to Black November. It's the one place that actually has some high quality electronics for really nice prices. :)

I think every year my parents go to get some Pyrex food containers. I'm looking at IKEA this year b/c I might want to get myself a new desk. Hopefully the Bekant goes on sale...RIP Galant.

Oooooo, I want to participate but I have no idea what to send...nor do I think I have anything to send right now. Time to look at those Black Friday flyers.

Edit: I just realized I've had a new pair of Bose QC25's just sitting in the hallway for a few months...still in box...

xKs2HJU.jpg

(O_O)

>mfw mom got Beats headphones as a present from work.

Sell...???...profit?

Burn it with fury.

The new Beats are actually OK though.

Apparently. I think Tyll actually put them on the Wall of Fame. (-_-")

xKs2HJU.jpg

Why a vertical stand? Mine sits upright without the need for additional support.

Eh, why not? It offers slightly more stability than having no stand.

Awesome, thanks for hosting it again! I was just thinking about that yesterday...

xKs2HJU.jpg

Whoa, nice!!! As much as I don't like white tech stuff versus black, I think this console looks amazing and I want one!

That's one thing I never understood. I don't understand the appeal of smartphones with white bezels and things of the like. It looks very discontinuous to me b/c you have this white bezel then suddenly a dark rectangle when the screen is off. Looks kind of awkward to me.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #160,461 of 177,744

You should see my nasty white PS3 controller. Had it since 2011 and it shows... a lot.

Speaking of Playstation stuff, I've decided to get a platinum for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd. I mean, I'm working on Skyrim too, but that's less weab.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #160,462 of 177,744
  Speaking of Playstation stuff, I've decided to get a platinum for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd. I mean, I'm working on Skyrim too, but that's less weab.

My only plat was Tekken 6. I originally planned to get Uncharted 1 as well (it was supposed to be relatively easy and not too long), but after a few hours it got so boring I had to force myself to finish it even once and a plat would require more. I was also on the way to get one for Heavy Rain, but it wasn't mine and I had to give it back.

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #160,464 of 177,744

My only plat was Tekken 6. I originally planned to get Uncharted 1 as well (it was supposed to be relatively easy and not too long), but after a few hours it got so boring I had to force myself to finish it even once and a plat would require more. I was also on the way to get one for Heavy Rain, but it wasn't mine and I had to give it back.

Really? I played T6 a while ago on my alt account but never got past the "What a Nightmare" trophy.

I might as well link my profile, while I'm at it. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #160,465 of 177,744

Really? I played T6 a while ago on my alt account but never got past the "What a Nightmare" trophy.

It's not that hard. IIRC (that was years ago, though), just when Devil Jin appears, fight him near the sides of the train. You should be able to juggle him out of it and kill him via ring out. Now, "Machine Crusher" - that was hard and annoying because you couldn't just retry the fight.

Speaking of, I wanted to do a RE5 plat as well, but I scratched the disc in transport on vacation. Yes, that Blu-Ray disc that is far less prone to scratching...

Also, I looked up my profile on that website. Newest trophy was form 4 years ago...

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #160,466 of 177,744
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #160,467 of 177,744

It's not that hard. IIRC (that was years ago, though), just when Devil Jin appears, fight him near the sides of the train. You should be able to juggle him out of it and kill him via ring out. Now, "Machine Crusher" - that was hard and annoying because you couldn't just retry the fight.

I think that's the genre I'm worst at. I tried every strategy known to man and I'm still at 80% or so.

Speaking of, I wanted to do a RE5 plat as well, but I scratched the disc in transport on vacation. Yes, that Blu-Ray disc that is far less prone to scratching...

I've never owned a Resident Evil game, but I have played the fourth one. I might pick it up sometime in the future, assuming it's cheap. Also, how did you scratch that?! I had my cat use my Katamari Forever disc as a chew toy for months before I found it in his cat condo, and it still worked.

Also, I looked up my profile on that website. Newest trophy was form 4 years ago...

Been spending too much time cosplaying instead? 
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #160,469 of 177,744
I've never owned a Resident Evil game, but I have played the fourth one. I might pick it up sometime in the future, assuming it's cheap.

Fans of the series often hate it because it's not a survival horror game anymore, just a quirky shooter. And I love the quirks, it was one of my favorite shooters of the last gen (regardless of the terrible partner AI in single-player). Sadly, they added walking while aiming in the new ones. I loved that you couldn't do it in 4 and 5.
And if you are going to, get the gold edition. I haven't played it myself, but I've been told that Lost In The Nightmares DLC is excellent.

Also, how did you scratch that?! I had my cat use my Katamari Forever disc as a chew toy for months before I found it in his cat condo, and it still worked.

Frankly... I'm not sure if it's actually scratched. All that I know is that I may have packed my backpack too tight with games and cables and that's the only game that doesn't work anymore afterwards.

Been spending too much time cosplaying instead? :p

Nah, YLOD. Didn't buy a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back