「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #156,166 of 177,745
  What exactly makes apple pie american?
I'm pretty sure it was not invented there and the ingredients are anything but American.

Because it's 'Murican. Simple as that. 
tongue.gif

We totally grow apples and wheat and stuff here in America! So the ingredients are all American in American pies. :D

What exactly makes apple pie american?
I'm pretty sure it was not invented there and the ingredients are anything but American.

...just like most things we produce?

It's American because we claim it to be America. That's how America works. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get some Freedom Fries.

Same goes for hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. All originated elsewhere but got really popular here in America I guess?

What the heck does NVIDIA do for their graphic cards naming anyway?
What is GT vs GTX?
e.g. GT 650 M vs GTX 770

Basically GTX>GT. That's all there is too it. Back in the day Nvidia used to have the same model number card with a gtx and gt version, gt was cheaper but gtx had better performance and was pricier. 

Dear god somebody help me I bought another Android Wear smartwatch :O

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #156,167 of 177,745
I'm going to remind you even after my death

It's too...buttery and cute
Yup yup, indeed I did! There was an old-timer Head-Fier who had the album art of Kaleidoscope for their profile pic. I had no idea who DJ Okawari was until this year though so only now does it make sense. XD
Might have been MorbidToaster?
http://www.head-fi.org/u/151172/morbidtoaster

Dang! We've been talking about DJ Owkawari for like 3 years here Micey!!! 
tongue.gif

Because it's 'Murican. Simple as that. 
tongue.gif

We totally grow apples and wheat and stuff here in America! So the ingredients are all American in American pies. :D

Same goes for hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. All originated elsewhere but got really popular here in America I guess?

Basically GTX>GT. That's all there is too it. Back in the day Nvidia used to have the same model number card with a gtx and gt version, gt was cheaper but gtx had better performance and was pricier. 

We need to Steve Jobs-ify you asap!

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #156,169 of 177,745
  Oh boy... FitEar's using color... 

Still not buying :xf_mad:

Tried to find DJ Okawari's music in the nearby libraries and they didn't have anything. T_T

Had a very similar experience a few days ago.
Was looking for a copy of Behemoth's The Satanist in my local YMCA second-hand music store.
Believe it or not, but they did not have the album!
And I thought I was looking in the right place...

How much did it change your life so far?

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #156,170 of 177,745
  Incidentally, Wakaba Girl this season as well.

Oo yeaah totally buying dem OST
But kinda lame just to import the OST, what else is there to buy?

I won't be watching that sh ow. I watched KinMoza mainly because of its popularity and to cheer me up during finals week.

God...Isla in Plastic Memories is too fantastic. 

I'm only on ep 8 still...so no spoilerz. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #156,171 of 177,745
God...Isla in Plastic Memories is too fantastic.  I'm only on ep 8 still...so no spoilerz. 

You know what's going to happen.

Really good!

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #156,172 of 177,745
What is GT vs GTX?
e.g. GT 650 M vs GTX 770

M is mobile

Witcher 3 recommends the GTX 770 and a GTX 660 is the minimum. Notebook Check only has data for the GTX 770 M, GTX 660 Ti and GTX 660 M...
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88995.0.html

My MacBook has a GT 650 M. Obviously I don't expect it to run Witcher 3 properly but I'm wondering how well it will run at low graphics everything, probably 720p. Evolve ran at around 32 FPS with low graphics everything and 720p; the specs recommend a GTX 560 and Notebook Check only has the GTX 560 M...

Notebookcheck's benchmark page also shows Desktop GPUs. It's one of the filters.

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #156,176 of 177,745

Ah okay, that makes sense, kinda.

Dang! We've been talking about DJ Owkawari for like 3 years here Micey!!! :p

Not actively though! Flower Dance has only been mentioned a few times.

Notebookcheck's benchmark page also shows Desktop GPUs. It's one of the filters.

True, but the GTX 770, GTX 660, and GTX 560 are all not listed.

What does the "Ti" designate? It's not the same as the non Ti, is it?

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #156,177 of 177,745
What is GT vs GTX?
e.g. GT 650 M vs GTX 770

M is mobile

Witcher 3 recommends the GTX 770 and a GTX 660 is the minimum. Notebook Check only has data for the GTX 770 M, GTX 660 Ti and GTX 660 M...
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88995.0.html

My MacBook has a GT 650 M. Obviously I don't expect it to run Witcher 3 properly but I'm wondering how well it will run at low graphics everything, probably 720p. Evolve ran at around 32 FPS with low graphics everything and 720p; the specs recommend a GTX 560 and Notebook Check only has the GTX 560 M...

Ok i will try to explain it as simply as I can

Nvidia's naming scheme is actually pretty logical actually.

GTX is the higher end of the Geforce lineup, like for example GTX970,GTX660. Adding a Ti at the back means it is a more powerful variant of the card, but less powerful than the one with the bigger number (e.g GTX560Ti is less powerful than the GTX570 and more powerful than the GTX560).
GT cards are low end cards, like say GT510, GT640 etc

Now this is to differentiate the lineup of the generation between high end and low end.

And then comes the mobile lineup. Expect the mobile versions to be 1-3 notches lower than the desktop version. Like for the older 680M, it is about 3 notches below the 680, so it is about as powerful as a desktop GTX660. Expect your GT650M to have the power of a GT630, or probably the power of a 8800GTX/HD5750/R7 250

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #156,178 of 177,745

Its really not bad, in fact its as useful if not more useful than an Apple watch for half the price :p

But how about compared to Pebble Time? Pebble Time's battery life massacres all smartwatches' battery lives. I helped a customer last week who had one and it looked freaking awesome with the colour e-ink display. It's pretty amazing to see in-person.

Ok i will try to explain it as simply as I can

Nvidia's naming scheme is actually pretty logical actually.

GTX is the higher end of the Geforce lineup, like for example GTX970,GTX660. Adding a Ti at the back means it is a more powerful variant of the card, but less powerful than the one with the bigger number (e.g GTX560Ti is less powerful than the GTX570 and more powerful than the GTX560).
GT cards are low end cards, like say GT510, GT640 etc

Now this is to differentiate the lineup of the generation between high end and low end.

And then comes the mobile lineup. Expect the mobile versions to be 1-3 notches lower than the desktop version. Like for the older 680M, it is about 3 notches below the 680, so it is about as powerful as a desktop GTX660. Expect your GT650M to have the power of a GT630, or probably the power of a 8800GTX/HD5750/R7 250

Ah, thanks for that! That does actually make a lot more sense now.

I'll probably not buy Witcher 3 right now then since this looks pathetic.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+630

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #156,179 of 177,745
But how about compared to Pebble Time? Pebble Time's battery life massacres all smartwatches' battery lives. I helped a customer last week who had one and it looked freaking awesome with the colour e-ink display. It's pretty amazing to see in-person.
Ah, thanks for that! That does actually make a lot more sense now.

I'll probably not buy Witcher 3 right now then since this looks pathetic.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+630

Yeah Witcher 3 is pretty demanding game

lower end GPUs would really struggle with it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back