「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 8, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #146,026 of 177,744

Plenty of QUALITY this episode
Ep 18

Didn't notice either poi..

it does depend on you budget and what kind of music sig you are after, PM me later , cause trust me this does take a lot of PMs to resolve :p  for me i bought from M-Stage till Ragnarok (1600$) just to test all the amps for my beloved J-pop, and ofc i bought dacs and cables etc, lets continue that in a PM till we get you the best setup for you budget. 

lol I think he was asking recommendations for games :p

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #146,027 of 177,744
  Didn't notice either poi..

oh lol!! i guess he did XD

@akiroz

i did try many games but trust me i am not a social gamer, i only bought it to be able to play Guilty Dragon, but feel free to wonder around in the stores etc ^^  

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #146,028 of 177,744

#random

For military buffs out there, this is the Singapore Armed Forces ceremonial uniform

less than one month before an official discharge from the military

I need to watch KanColle poi

Relevant:

130814rg0nzjfj8v4jqcf5.jpg

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #146,029 of 177,744
  Comparing Android ported VNs by MoeApp with their PC counter part.

PC ver. costs approx 9k yen (with box and CD), Android app costs approx 1.6k yen.

The android ver actually suffers badly from compressed low res images.
It might look fine on a 5" phone but It's horrible on my 8" tablet.

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for full res on Android....

What's the name of that VN? That character is so smug looking, I like it.

No Q on local store?

Next ep Log Horizon might be interesting tho

The Qs are around 50% more at local stores.

Still waiting for Roe 2 to be explained. I'm guessing an alt that has been given life?

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #146,030 of 177,744

it does depend on you budget and what kind of music sig you are after, PM me later , cause trust me this does take a lot of PMs to resolve :p  for me i bought from M-Stage till Ragnarok (1600$) just to test all the amps for my beloved J-pop, and ofc i bought dacs and cables etc, lets continue that in a PM till we get you the best setup for you budget.

This lol :D

I'm pretty happy with my tablet's internal headphone amp, drives my K271's no problem.
I wonder what chip it's using inside.....

You are not most people. Android is very popular with the low income customers. Therefore they expect any and everything to be free. Even $0.99 is akin to threatening your family into prostitution and absolutely appalling.

So I don't think that would happen lol.

lol wut?

It's Gensou no Idea (幻創のイデア) by 3rdEye

Naru is awesome! but I like Re:non more.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #146,031 of 177,744

The Qs are around 50% more at local stores.

Still waiting for Roe 2 to be explained. I'm guessing an alt that has been given life?

Now that you mention it.... The Q at my homeland is also around 400 euro
Here I could get it for 230 euro

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #146,032 of 177,744
I listened to all the things.
Half a million worth of equipment, for sure.

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #146,033 of 177,744
Feb 8, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #146,034 of 177,744
I only got Maruyu, I-58 and I-168 and I-168 isn't that good but still at least usable unlike Maruyu lol. May RNG gods smile upon me one day and give me some more subs but thats just me being hopeful. I'll see how E-3 goes for me and see if I am in the same boat to complain about it draining my resources and buckets.

Did some redecorating in my TTK office.

Hamakaze is pretty cute for valentine's day.

Hamakaze looks like Tsukiko from Hentai Ouji

Kongou and Haruna yay

Wonder if Goodsmile would ever release a Kongou series figma

[rule]

Would die just to get all 9 of these

No space though

[rule]#random

For military buffs out there, this is the Singapore Armed Forces ceremonial uniform

less than one month before an official discharge from the military

[rule]
http://www.cnet.com/news/good-enough-speakers-might-be-good-enough-after-all/

Opinion?

I feel it is actually kinda true lol

Congrats man!!!

The white is throwing me off though as it generally signifies Naval

People are choosing their music based on their headphones?

Wow.

This is the **** I was talking about when I stated a few weeks ago that maybe half of the people on HF are just tech nerds.

Romance Drama Panda strikes again.

You really like this kind of stuff, don't you?

It's pretty whoa.

I do I do :)

Keeps panda happy!

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #146,036 of 177,744
Eau Mai. Lookin forward to your thoughts Herr TYG

Mice, Mech, and Deadly - thanks for chipping in with thoughts! I did try looking at PJ. But I somehow missed that the 2170 was $470 there. That's good... That's damn good! I suppose the only other question I have is, would it be worth it to score a 207 and invest more in a "better" energizer? I honestly don't know anything about how stat setups work. There's a lot of confusing info regarding them, from people who seek to feel like there're large gains to be had by moving up the X07 ladder, or the energizer ladder. Then I've seen posts that seem to point to all Lambdas sharing the same driver and that the pads make a big difference. Finally, I've talked to James444 about this. He got to audition the 202/007/009 on dedicated Stax gear and he came away feeling like there're tremendous diminishing returns with Stax. He felt the difference between the 202 and the 007/009 was in the ballpark of 5% or so. It's all highly confusing to me.

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #146,037 of 177,744
He got to audition the 202/007/009 on dedicated Stax gear and he came away feeling like there're tremendous diminishing returns with Stax. He felt the difference between the 202 and the 007/009 was in the ballpark of 5% or so. It's all highly confusing to me.

I have to agree with him.
Tried the 2170, 3170 and the SR-009 + SRM727 II combo and did not really hear a difference that is worth mentioning.

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #146,038 of 177,744
I have to agree with him.

Tried the 2170, 3170 and the SR-009 + SRM727 II combo and did not really hear a difference that is worth mentioning.

Well that makes two then. I appreciate the honesty. The Stax guys all make it seem like there're gigantic differences between just the 207 and the 407, nevermind the 207 and the 009. I'm wondering if you can only tap into the performance gains with a stupidly priced hand built boutique amp then. If that's the case, then that's a whole jar of pickles I'm not interested in unscrewing.

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #146,039 of 177,744
Panda Political Opinion:

Ahh, another person who writes an opinion piece AGAINST what most people feel. I like that, the problem with these pieces is that they are also short sighted and offer NO altnernatives

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/02/air-strikes-honour-slain-jordanian-pilot-150206072528748.html

Yes, she makes good points that deals with the futility of war, the citizens voice in it, and how they are pushed to it. 

TLDR: Essentially she is asking for Jordan to stop with war as the country has been on neutrality for the last 6 months and was just pushed into it. And thus attacking ISIS would incur more deaths on their people due to how war happens. 

But the top commenter makes the point I would personally agree with
 Your disagreement can't save people.
Your disagreement can't free people.
Your disagreement can't wipe out ISIS.

Your disagreement can't protect civilians.

Your disagreement can do nothing.

Your disagreement means nothing

The author is correct in the basis of her arguments. 

But should a country not defend itself when one of its service men was brutally murdered in a public display? When they are pretty much right next to ISIS controlled territory. When the world implores for the destruction of ISIS?

Yes, more war and fighting against ISIS could incur more groups to pop up and further continues a train. 

But the thing is that you can't truly ever know what will happen or why. The thing now is that ISIS represents itself to be a legitimate target for destruction.

If another group pops up. Then so be it. Thus will more bombs be dropped to curb their extremism.

But a thing she is correct on is that there needs to be safeguards to the rights, liberty, and self determinism of a country's people during such times of adversity since it is a breeding ground for right violations of its own people
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/02/06/top-un-official-says-global-war-terror-laying-waste-human-rights?

Nonetheless

Let Justice be done through the Heavens Fall on these bastards. One airstrike at a time. 

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #146,040 of 177,744
Eau Mai. Lookin forward to your thoughts Herr TYG

Mice, Mech, and Deadly - thanks for chipping in with thoughts! I did try looking at PJ. But I somehow missed that the 2170 was $470 there. That's good... That's damn good! I suppose the only other question I have is, would it be worth it to score a 207 and invest more in a "better" energizer? I honestly don't know anything about how stat setups work. There's a lot of confusing info regarding them, from people who seek to feel like there're large gains to be had by moving up the X07 ladder, or the energizer ladder. Then I've seen posts that seem to point to all Lambdas sharing the same driver and that the pads make a big difference. Finally, I've talked to James444 about this. He got to audition the 202/007/009 on dedicated Stax gear and he came away feeling like there're tremendous diminishing returns with Stax. He felt the difference between the 202 and the 007/009 was in the ballpark of 5% or so. It's all highly confusing to me.

$471 is that's 2/3 the price I paid, so...
YES! Go buy it, right nao!
Your ears and your wallet will thank you.

Better energiser? The energizer is the step-up power box and you plug in your own speaker amplifier (hence energizer). Generally, I've read that they're meh unless you get the STAX SRD-7 which is supposedly pretty decent. The SRM-252S is pretty good by itself for driving the SR-207 and I don't think it'd be worth the upgrade for the other STAX amps unless you needed more than 1 output. You might want to ask Deadly about the SRD-7 since I basically don't have any experience with it.

SR-307 does sound a bit more spacious than the SR-207 with less of the upper-midrange glare and better bass impact when using the SRM-252S and comparing the same music tracks, but I don't think it's worth the price difference. I'd rather get the real leather pads for my 207.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back