「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #143,851 of 177,744
T_T
So much for trying to get a New 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition...... : (
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/hundreds_of_limited_edition_majoras_mask_new_nintendo_3ds_systems_continue_to_flood_onto_ebay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmajora%27s+mask+3ds&_nkw=majora%27s+mask+3ds&_sacat=0

This is pretty much the same pricing as the 3DS Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time bundle. I might have been able to snag one of those back when it was released, but Majora's Mask is arguably the most sought-after game in the series and anything related to it is going to be much harder to get. >.>

Holy Schiit that price. Lel.

Oh, that was just that one post. Most are around $300. That's fair I guess

[rule]

Why I still believe that Eonian should have been sang by a male singer, though maybe speed it up just a tad:

[video]http://youtu.be/BBYARn2qYDU[/video]

Should have used Dingo's version even:

[video]http://youtu.be/QnNmYWtfj6U[/video]

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #143,852 of 177,744
9 pages missed? No thanks.
What did I miss?

Also I'm going to leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP90Wnj0LTo

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #143,854 of 177,744
Which I never really understood, why not just make a single player standalone game instead of a browser game?

How'd you set it up? I heard getting in and registering is a pain in the arse to. Main reason why I didn't try it

Wiki link. But I'll give you an abridged version.

First you need to set up a DMM account, I just used the feature that ties it into my Google account, seems to work just fine.

You then need to set up a VPN to be able to launch the game and select a server, however, server slots are restricted by what's called a lottery.

I used softether(you need the VPN Client) to VPN into a Japan, super easy to use, just double click "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers" and choose one that's in Japan. Also, set your Windows time to Japan time for the lottery.

They hold a lottery every day or two, you'll have to stalk their twitter to find out when that is. For example, one of their recent tweets shows that it will be on the 16th(today) at 8pm JST. You must be VPN'd and registered/logged in on DMM to be able to enter the lottery. To enter, just open up the game link here, you'll see a giant red button and that'll fire up the flash game.

Roughly 10 minutes before the lottery starts. begin joining the game. You'll get a screen of either all servers showing full, or a screen with a cat on it and some text. The latter shows you have failed to get a lottery slot(but try again!), so refresh the page after 3-5 minutes. It took me about 20-30 minutes to be shown a server that isn't full, and don't refresh faster than that or else they'll be less likely to give you a spot.

Once you've joined a server and the game is running, you don't have to worry about using a VPN any more, use the inspector in Chrome(Ctrl+Shift+i) to find your api link which you can bookmark to launch the game (it's the URL with an IP address and api_token in it).

Yep, what a pain. But all you reaaaally have to do is VPN and navigate to a page+refresh at a certain time. 
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #143,855 of 177,744

First you need to set up a DMM account, I just used the feature that ties it into my Google account, seems to work just fine.

You then need to set up a VPN to be able to launch the game and select a server, however, server slots are restricted by what's called a lottery.

I used softether(you need the VPN Client) to VPN into a Japan, super easy to use, just double click "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers" and choose one that's in Japan. Also, set your Windows time to Japan time for the lottery.

They hold a lottery every day or two, you'll have to stalk their twitter to find out when that is. For example, one of their recent tweets shows that it will be on the 16th(today) at 8pm JST. You must be VPN'd and registered/logged in on DMM to be able to enter the lottery. To enter, just open up the game link here, you'll see a giant red button and that'll fire up the flash game.

Roughly 10 minutes before the lottery starts. begin joining the game. You'll get a screen of either all servers showing full, or a screen with a cat on it and some text. The latter shows you have failed to get a lottery slot(but try again!), so refresh the page after 3-5 minutes. It took me about 20-30 minutes to be shown a server that isn't full, and don't refresh faster than that or else they'll be less likely to give you a spot.

Once you've joined a server and the game is running, you don't have to worry about using a VPN any more, use the inspector in Chrome(Ctrl+Shift+i) to find your api link which you can bookmark to launch the game (it's the URL with an IP address and api_token in it).

Yep, what a pain. But all you reaaaally have to do is VPN and navigate to a page+refresh at a certain time. :p  

........ That's a lotta work to get into a game.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #143,856 of 177,744
So just got plex.

Decent experience with it so far, but it has some schitty Smart TV support. 

Anyway

It butchered and 'fixed' the name of about 10% of my anime...now it gives me the name of some schitty movie and its details when in reality the episode is something else

This is VERY annoying as you need to somehow manually find and change it all

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #143,857 of 177,744

Yeah, I think they're so restrictive because of server load issues. 
tongue.gif

Oh you only have to do the lottery once if I didn't make that clear, once you've selected a server you don't have to worry about it any more.

Still, I wonder if all the effort will eventually go to waste when they inevitably shut the game down, that's why there's gonna be a PSV port I thinks. 
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #143,859 of 177,744
Jan 16, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #143,860 of 177,744

Yep, what a pain. But all you reaaaally have to do is VPN and navigate to a page+refresh at a certain time. 
tongue.gif

Are you using KanColleViewer, strongly recommend. It is super helpful.

It isn't that bad and your timezone is a lot better than me for it. I had to do my lottery at 5 am 
frown.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 16, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #143,861 of 177,744
It's funny cause I just got done watching "Whiplash." Anyone who even has a cursory interest in jazz needs to check out this movie. It ****s on Kids on the Slope from great heights. Christ what an incredibly intense film. J.K. Simmons has got that Oscar locked up for sure. You know what I gotta say Miles Teller was incredible as well. I'd never even heard of the guy before this but man did he pour his blood sweat and tears into this. Quite literally as a matter of fact

As someone who listens to jazz and plays the drums, I can't say I agree.

Did you know. That cherry blossoms fall at five centimeters per second?

I'm quoting this just because.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #143,863 of 177,744

As someone who listens to jazz and plays the drums, I can't say I agree.

I'm quoting this just because.

Have you seen the movie?
Quote: Manveru
 Seriously right? Aku no Hana season 2!!!!! .......Oh wait, it's just me....

I read the manga

The manga was better than the anime imo. I couldn't stand how it did the visual elements of it. Too artistic for me.

Certainly a good read. But it pales in comparison to the mangum opus of the entire phycological genre:

Oyasumi Punpun

I know you don't read manga....but take it from both:

Me
Jgray
Rikkun
TYG

that Oyasumi Punpun is a fantastic read. 

It is highly doubtful it will ever get an anime. Most likely because it wont sell well

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #143,864 of 177,744

I see this posted here so often lol

Anyway, I'll take pride in recommending you 5cm per second and the massively awesome works of Makoto Shinkai

If I had to rank them in terms of how much I liked them, it would be:

• 5cm per second
  • Voices of a Distant Star
  • Garden of Words
  • The Place Promised in our Early Days
  • The Children who Chase lost voices

5cm per second is without a doubt, the magnum opus of Makoto Shinkai such as Spirited Away is to Miyazaki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back