「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 14, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #143,626 of 177,744
I would be seriously confused if I saw you wearing a cosplay with G strings like that too.

That's how they make money you know. They can't let you 'marry' all that you want for a free game.

I guess she also is 'normal' in looks, character ambitions, and personality to make a likeable media girl unlike Shmakaze which is too 'fanserviceish' to really work as any deeper character. 

I do remember reading a Kancolle manga that has Shimakaze as the main girl, something about he being the fastest and doesn't slow down for anything. There was a really slow ship that was the Class Rep too. No names because it was a rather short read

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #143,627 of 177,744
  ...unlike Shmakaze which is too 'fanserviceish' to really work as any deeper character. 

Poor girl...no one will ever ask her about her astrophysics degree....

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #143,628 of 177,744
I do remember reading a Kancolle manga that has Shimakaze as the main girl, something about he being the fastest and doesn't slow down for anything. There was a really slow ship that was the Class Rep too. No names because it was a rather short read

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #143,629 of 177,744

meh....she seems so allooof

Poor girl...no one will ever ask her about her astrophysics degree....

You mean Oceans Engineering degree 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #143,631 of 177,744
  Nah, that's just one of her hobbies.

Does she really need an astrophysics degree to allow dat g string to slide around though?

I honestly can't believe how much quality is put into this show....

So much animation quality and production put into this show.........

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #143,633 of 177,744

It's this Bahamut anime from last season all over again!
Except that Bahamut could stand on its own without having to rely on the stupidly large fanbase :|

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #143,634 of 177,744
  I would be seriously confused if I saw you wearing a cosplay with G strings like that too.

That's how they make money you know. They can't let you 'marry' all that you want for a free game.

I guess she also is 'normal' in looks, character ambitions, and personality to make a likeable media girl unlike Shmakaze which is too 'fanserviceish' to really work as any deeper character. 

No worries I will bring that cosplay to Sakura con this year. Probably won't bring the Kongou pillow though

None of the characters have too much depth to them~ But yeah Shimakaze would of been a bad choice to focus the anime on.

We could probably just gloss over a few of the boats that committed war crime.

Does she really need an astrophysics degree to allow dat g string to slide around though?

They focus on the important stuff

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 14, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #143,635 of 177,744
meh....she seems so allooof

You mean Oceans Engineering degree :rolleyes:

She isn't in the manga. More like a delinquent, but has a little more personality that her anime counterpart

It's this Bahamut anime from last season all over again!

Except that Bahamut could stand on its own without having to rely on the stupidly large fanbase :|

But Bahamut does have a stupidly large fanbase, biggest mobile TCG in 2012-2013 iirc.

Anime only takes a few elements from the game though. You take the girls away from Kancolle and you're left with... Pretty much nothing.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #143,636 of 177,744
  No worries I will bring that cosplay to Sakura con this year. Probably won't bring the Kongou pillow though

None of the characters have too much depth to them~ But yeah Shimakaze would of been a bad choice to focus the anime on.

We could probably just gloss over a few of the boats that committed war crime.

They focus on the important stuff

Those war crimes....be so devious.

"The important stuff...very important

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #143,637 of 177,744
Anime only takes a few elements from the game though. You take the girls away from Kancolle and you're left with... Pretty much nothing.

That is what I was trying to say.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #143,638 of 177,744
  That is what I was trying to say.

Sometimes I don't get why anime producers in Japan just dont get it

Girls Und Panzer was a massive success worldwide and in Japan and is something they are still milking. Why? Because it had real information, strategy, and tanks fight sims.

But guess what? All they saw from it was 'cutesy' = money and now are producing 2-3 military anime a year with very lacking success and are wondering What is going on.

Maybe it's because while some people are ok with the cutsey miritari stuff, others wanted a legit production of war, vehicles and combat, but with cute girls.

Give me GUP Season 2 after the movie...or you can go to hell.

Give me some USA release GUP Tank Models and I'll buy them as long as they dont break my bank.

But nope, they can't do it ever. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #143,639 of 177,744
Some interesting stuff about Kancolle in China happened today. 
 KanColle Tieba (major Chinese forum) was abruptly shutdown today. Apparently, some unknown figure paid 700,000 Yuan (over $100k) for mod rights of the subforum, then promptly shut it down.

Full story

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back