「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 11, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #143,282 of 177,750
Pacing was crap and they screwed up the torture scene. It pissed me off.

Director trying too hard to be symbolic.

Tried Durararax2. Couldn't make it past 15mins, boring as heck, the scenes kept changing, none of the characters facial expressions actually conveyed much, smileys everywhere but about as much emotion as a dead cat, their "humor" was bland and about as flat a pentanko's chest, probably even worse than a B-roll harem show's. Plenty of references though, think I caught a sight of Miyuki Shiba.

Eh. 3/10 just based of first impressions.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #143,283 of 177,750
hey guys,  I've recently kind of gotten into reading manga and was wondering if I could get some recommendations for some "must reads." I've watched a handful of animes but the only manga I have read is deadman wonderland manga which I enjoyed.  I was about to start reading Tokyo ghoul next but not sure if I want to watch the anime or read it first.  What are some of your preferences regarding the order of watching anime/reading manga?

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #143,284 of 177,750
  hey guys,  I've recently kind of gotten into reading manga and was wondering if I could get some recommendations for some "must reads." I've watched a handful of animes but the only manga I have read is deadman wonderland manga which I enjoyed.  I was about to start reading Tokyo ghoul next but not sure if I want to watch the anime or read it first.  What are some of your preferences regarding the order of watching anime/reading manga?

Most people say the manga is better :/

What genres do you like for manga suggestions? Give me some anime you liked and I can try to go off that.

Give me what you 'want' to see happen or want to 'feel' or...whatever. 

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #143,285 of 177,750

Manga and ignore the first season of the anime. Second season is only worth watching because it's an anime original story.

My brother and I took a look at Dog Days for kicks, it's mheh at most.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #143,286 of 177,750

Manga and ignore the first season of the anime. Second season is only worth watching because it's an anime original story.

I can't just start watching the second season out of nowhere though right?

I'm 2 episodes from finishing season 1

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #143,287 of 177,750

No worse than all these Seiren Tsukai stuff going around these days.

First Blade Dance, now World Break. Can I write a Chaos Flame and get in on the money milking?

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #143,288 of 177,750
  Most people say the manga is better :/

What genres do you like for manga suggestions? Give me some anime you liked and I can try to go off that.

Give me what you 'want' to see happen or want to 'feel' or...whatever. 

FMAB, attack on titan, death note, code geass, gurren lagan were prob my favorites

elfen lied, mirai nikki, SAO, soul eater, evangelion, kill la kill are some others i enjoyed

I really like stories involving big plot twists.  Things that blow your mind or that you totally didnt see coming.  Suspense is cool. I'm open to other things though, as I feel most of the stuff I've seen is somewhat similar or follows a similar theme. 

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #143,289 of 177,750

I can't just start watching the second season out of nowhere though right?

I'm 2 episodes from finishing season 1

Well I think TG season 1 was the first 60 chapters of the manga. I enjoyed reading that SOO much more then watching the anime.
No worse than all these Seiren Tsukai stuff going around these days.

First Blade Dance, now World Break. Can I write a Chaos Flame and get in on the money milking?

Yup it's more or less stuff like that and Zero no Tsukaima. At this point I don't understand how I'm able to watch this stuff. Well it gets me away from stress so its fine I guess.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #143,290 of 177,750
Where do people nowadays get their wallpapers from? I always used wallbase, but that site seems to be down.

Oh wow, my bro found this. For those who can read Japanese, what is patent pending? I don't recall the last time I've even seen Nintendo patent anything. It might have been the Wii U Gamepad, but my memory is fuzzy on that.

It says 'Patent pending. Nintendo shiki? company'. Apparently it's 'nintendou kabushikigaisha' or Nintendo Co., Ltd. Nothing more, nothing less.

FMAB, attack on titan, death note, code geass, gurren lagan were prob my favorites

elfen lied, mirai nikki, SAO, soul eater, evangelion, kill la kill are some others i enjoyed

I really like stories involving big plot twists.  Things that blow your mind or that you totally didnt see coming.  Suspense is cool. I'm open to other things though, as I feel most of the stuff I've seen is somewhat similar or follows a similar theme. 

If you want to get to one of the classics try reading Monster. Maybe a bit more serious than what you're used to, but it does have big plot twists. Pluto by the same author is slightly shorter and also extremely good. You can't call yourself a manga fan without having read at least one of Urasawa's works.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #143,291 of 177,750

Try:

I liked a lot of the anime you listed.

My personal fav as a recommendation to you would probably be Shin Angyo Onshi. It starts off mediocer...but once it gets going. You're in for a ride.

A few crossed off ones below are excellent but aren't suitable for a newcommer to manga. I would say to ....wait a bit before venturing into these

Seinen:
Akumetsu
Gantz
Shin Angyo Onshi
Vagabond
Berserk
The Breaker
Holyland
Sun Ken Rock
Monster
Aku no Hana
Oyasumi Punpu

Shounen:
Psyren
Hunter X Hunter
Legend of Maian

Romance:
Koe no Kitachi
Molestor Man
Bitter Virgin
Ichigo 100%
Love Hina
Onani Master Kurosawa
My Girl (Sahara Mizu)

Well I think TG season 1 was the first 60 chapters of the manga. I enjoyed reading that SOO much more then watching the anime.

Yup it's more or less stuff like that and Zero no Tsukaima. At this point I don't understand how I'm able to watch this stuff. Well it gets me away from stress so its fine I guess.

I dont mind S1.....im on ep 12 now

but i dont overly care for it either

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #143,292 of 177,750
It says 'Patent pending. Nintendo shiki? company'. Apparently it's 'nintendou kabushikigaisha' or Nintendo Co., Ltd. Nothing more, nothing less.

Holy cow, seriously?
I just opened up the box and looked through the contents. This game cartridge is from 1993. The game was officially released in 1994 and Google Image results for "Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 cartridge" yielded no other similar-looking cartridges.

The closest one is this, but it says 1993 instead of 1994.
$%28KGrHqR,!lgFJjL!KQu0BSZgrnN3vw~~60_35.JPG

The cartridge sticker itself is also pristine (no scratches on the sticker at all). The user manual is even still in the box. Crazy!

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #143,293 of 177,750
Holy cow, seriously?
I just opened up the box and looked through the contents. This game cartridge is from 1993. The game was officially released in 1994 and Google Image results for "Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 cartridge" yielded no other similar-looking cartridges.

The closest one is this, but it says 1993 instead of 1994.
$%28KGrHqR,!lgFJjL!KQu0BSZgrnN3vw~~60_35.JPG

The cartridge sticker itself is also pristine (no scratches on the sticker at all). The user manual is even still in the box. Crazy!

You... You opened a 1993 collector's item? Why. WHY!?

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #143,294 of 177,750
I havent read the TG manga

But I like episode 12 a lot

I hate developing weak ass MCs. They make terrible mistakes and are too fool hardy
The tortue, him being indecicive, and the 'forcing' of him to become a legit character was great
I had great pleasure in seeing such transformations

And...did they just ******* pull a line from Code Geass?
"It wasn't me that was wrong, it was the world?" - Lelouch...and now Kaneki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back