「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #134,371 of 177,744
  Weird ending. Very weird. 

Yeah...It was most likely one of those situations in where the author made an early pilot manga (they make a lot of these) and Future Diary got mainstream attention and became a 'thing'. Then the mangaka was left with weird situations and plot wholes that he/she had to fill and make up as they go along. 

They then throw in all the weird awesome schiit that goes into the middle of the anime

And then at the very end, realize that they left WAY to many plot wholes open in favor of making bat schiit insane things happen. And so they throw that ending in as a catch all.

Was basically how it went. Tell me I'm wrong with proof otherwise. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #134,372 of 177,744
I'll also add that Gundam BF is the best thing to happen by sunrise, in that it can do ****ty shonen crap, without pretending to be grimdark and "uhh we have to be topical. Umm lets add this nondescript middle eastern country as a plot device with this oohmysterious illuminati-like organizatio-" **** off sunrise.

Also sunrise is throwing **** around to see what sticks. Like valvrave. Or Buddy complex.

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #134,373 of 177,744
  Yeah...It was most likely one of those situations in where the author made an early pilot manga (they make a lot of these) and Future Diary got mainstream attention and became a 'thing'. Then the mangaka was left with weird situations and plot wholes that he/she had to fill and make up as they go along. 

They then throw in all the weird awesome schiit that goes into the middle of the anime

And then at the very end, realize that they left WAY to many plot wholes open in favor of making bat schiit insane things happen. And so they throw that ending in as a catch all.

Was basically how it went. Tell me I'm wrong with proof otherwise. 

No, you know your schiit. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #134,374 of 177,744
Of course I'm right. Who the hell do you (guys) think I am? I almost always back the right, successful, word-of-God truth, truly great anime.

Only I give my reasoning by shouting and fanboying.

Of course I'm right.

/gloat

Jgray Gloating 
[rule]

Gonna have to demo the gundam next week or something later. 

I don't gloat like that. More the kind of silent, evil, princess-hair, busty princess, not the loudmouth "hohohoh" flat (is justice) twin drill princess.

By no stretch of the imagination do I consider Gundam BF Cry is Great anime, Good? Maybe. Decent? Definitely. Great? Eh.

As a story it's a pure shonen show with actually above good character interactions and development. And gunpla, and lots of shout outs to not-butthurt fans.

Dare I say it's kind of like how Highschool DxD is Actually Good(TM), and More Than It Looks(TM).

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #134,375 of 177,744
I don't gloat like that. More the kind of silent, evil, princess-hair, busty princess, not the loudmouth "hohohoh" flat (is justice) twin drill princess.

As a story it's a pure shonen show with actually above good character interactions and development. And gunpla, and lots of shout outs to not-butthurt fans.

Dare I say it's kind of like how Highschool DxD is Actually Good(TM), and More Than It Looks(TM).

It frightens me that I understand this reference/metaphor, guess I've been playing too many Princess eroges. Save me, Evil Within.

The same could be said for 4x4 Tamiya cars, Battle Yoyo's and whatever the hell kids play these days. Just because it stays true to it's own source and genre doesn't make it any less generic. Which is why I agree that it's good for what it is, but it doesn't really put anything new on the table.

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #134,376 of 177,744
What kinds of ramen have you had over there so far? I think my favourite one is tonkotsu because it's a really heavy broth.

Some instant ramens are okay, but most of the ones I've had are pretty meh compared to the real deal. Shin Ramen is actually pretty decent, but I don't add too much of the flavour packet since it's pretty spicy to me.

I just had shoyu ramen and garlic ramen so far. Eating out is much cheaper here in Japan than it is in the Netherlands, but it's still not cheap enough for me to do it every day. The universities cafeteria is fairly cheap, but their ramen is much more expensive than their udon, so I haven't had it that much.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #134,377 of 177,744
I just had shoyu ramen and garlic ramen so far. Eating out is much cheaper here in Japan than it is in the Netherlands, but it's still not cheap enough for me to do it every day. The universities cafeteria is fairly cheap, but their ramen is much more expensive than their udon, so I haven't had it that much.

Ah I see. Shoyu ramen is good stuff too. It has a lighter broth, which is what my parents prefer. Garlic ramen sounds tasty!

I think ramen is generally more expensive than udon because of the prep time for everything. Some restaurants in the USA serve hand-made udon noodles though, so that tends to be about the same price as a decent ramen shop providing the broth is properly made too (~$9-ish for a bowl). Nabeyaki udon is probably my favourite udon dish.

[rule]
Does anyone have any music similar to this slow piano stuff here?
http://bluecoastrecords.com/store/fiona-joy/signature-solo

I was thinking Lang Lang might have some, but he does mostly classical music and his albums usually feature an orchestra.

Claude Debussy has some really great piano works, so I was going to look into some of his music.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #134,378 of 177,744
Does anyone have any music similar to this slow piano stuff here?
http://bluecoastrecords.com/store/fiona-joy/signature-solo

I was thinking Lang Lang might have some, but he does mostly classical music and his albums usually feature an orchestra.

Claude Debussy has some really great piano works, so I was going to look into some of his music.

Debussy is legendary. Clair de Lune is just too good. 
Huh...you want solo piano stuffs? Yiruma. Period.

Oh yeah, Issac Shepard is one of me personal faves. He's really unknown around here, so thought I'd support the guy. I love his music.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #134,379 of 177,744

Orz, how much did he get paid to say that?

Oh he was praising the movie, not TV series.
That tweet also mentioned that the theatre was about 80% filled even though it was already one month since screening.

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm thinking if he hasn't even seen the series, why would he bother going to the movie?

Yeah, so did idol animes, but I still don't get why those are popular at all...

@miceblue I went and had the Thai style pork belly tonight, it was pretty good! I think I like the Chinese style more though. :p
I also had a naked panda to drink, because bowei.

Yeah, I dislike most idol anime now. They aren't that good. Idolm@ster was ok.

The closest to an idol series that was good would probably be Amagami and that wasn't exactly idol idol but a personal idol

YAY! I got people drinks1

I only watched part of love live and was meh about it...

Yup! You gotta come up and try this drink some day man! :D

Yeah, so did idol animes, but I still don't get why those are popular at all...

@miceblue
I went and had the Thai style pork belly tonight, it was pretty good! I think I like the Chinese style more though. :p

The Chinese knows their Pork. Braised pork with Mantou is awesome, btw.

Hopefully I'll remember that thing next time I'm at an appropriate restaurant that sells it and I'll give it a try!

I went and had the Thai style pork belly tonight, it was pretty good! I think I like the Chinese style more though. :p

Nice nice. I haven't had the Thai style before since I usually decide to order the usual noodle or curry dishes instead. XD

All heil the naked panda! *salutes*

Lol. Yeah, Thai curry is indeed quite good. Speaking of curry, we ought to go back to Katsu burger sometime!!!

Yeah, naked pandas!!!

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #134,380 of 177,744
  Yeah, I know. That's why I'm thinking if he hasn't even seen the series, why would he bother going to the movie?

Meh why not, I'd choose whatever anime movie over everything else anyday if I happened to go to cinema :<

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #134,381 of 177,744
Debussy is legendary. Clair de Lune is just too good. 
Huh...you want solo piano stuffs? Yiruma. Period.

Oh yeah, Issac Shepard is one of me personal faves. He's really unknown around here, so thought I'd support the guy. I love his music.

YES Yiruma is friggin' awesome! I know about him, but I forgot his name. Thanks for that!
I'll also have to look into Isaac Shepard's music more. The name sounds familiar...because this:
1.) Yiruma:
  • The Best: Reminiscent 10th Anniversary
2.) Isaac Shepard:
  • Deep Joy
  • Swept Away
  • Awaken
3.) Jon Schmidt:
  • ThePianoGuys: Hits, Volume 1
  • Christmas
  • To the Summit
  • Winter Serenade

His music seems a bit too mellow/sad for me from what I've listened to on YouTube though. Reminds me too much of Korean soap operas.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWmovafgBug[/video]

I forgot to mention Ola Gjeilo composes some great pieces as well.
This one isn't a solo, but it's still quite good.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qln58_ShgU[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1rPtdzbGI[/video]

Lol. Yeah, Thai curry is indeed quite good. Speaking of curry, we ought to go back to Katsu burger sometime!!!

Yeah, naked pandas!!!

Well the bad news is that Katsu Burger actually closed a few weeks after we went there. : (
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/allyoucaneat/2014/08/12/goodbye-to-stopskys-and-katsu-burger/
https://twitter.com/KatsuBurger

The good news is that they opened up again! : )
http://www.yelp.com/biz/katsu-burger-seattle

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #134,382 of 177,744
Yeah, so did idol animes, but I still don't get why those are popular at all

Watched Love Live season 1. Was boring for me. Still prefer im@s but not to extent of going crazy about it.
I guess it's only a matter of preferences where those guys love watching young girls dancing in group on stage.

Though I find Love Live fans more annoying. You know that LL mobile game?
My friend was addicted to it and it's kinda annoying to see someone busy with his phone while we are hanging out with others. Good thing he stopped since I reminded him "dude ya wanna fail yo math tomorrow?"

btw someone mentioned about listening to piano?
Try some doujin music like TAMUSIC. :wink:

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #134,383 of 177,744
Watched Love Live season 1. Was boring for me. Still prefer im@s but not to extent of going crazy about it.
I guess it's only a matter of preferences where those guys love watching young girls dancing in group on stage.

My friend was addicted to it and it's kinda annoying to see someone busy with his phone while we are hanging out with others. Good thing he stopped since I reminded him "dude ya wanna fail yo math tomorrow?"

Try some doujin music like TAMUSIC. :wink:

Think love live was fine to me lol

Yes it is too simplistic and ideal but it is not something that stirs food out of my stomach

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #134,385 of 177,744
Wow, the pace picked up a bit...

Quote:

I think the screen should rotate, when the Macbook is on it side :p

If it had a touchscreen, yes. My Vaio Duo 11 did that.

Interestingly this site has almost exactly the same theming as overclock.net other than colour. (quote boxes on mobile on both look the same)

Yeah, they both use the Huddler platform.

I've noticed we have lots of Mio around here, i guess some of you are watching too much K-On :p

I think the only problem here is that there's not enough K-On! :D

Better now! ? :)

Mio and my favourite headphone ( i still want a K701 in white)

Hey, that's my first avatar! I changed it because I thought it was too mainstream 
tongue.gif

40JnXHC.png

For the iPhone users on this thread, iOS 8.1 is coming in less than an hour (al least where i live), brace for impact!

Yep, which means the signing window for 8.0.2 will close soon, and I will have to download them all again...

oiii I wish it was made for the Xbox One
frown.gif
TC5 will probably be for the PS4 and I don't want to buy it
I'm pretty sure we could start a Mio fanclub thread and we could get competitive post numbers versus this thread XD

Mio fanclub? i'm in!

We can have membership cards and everything!

snapshot810.png

Yeah, so did idol animes, but I still don't get why those are popular at all

Try some doujin music like TAMUSIC.
wink.gif

Same, I preferred iM@S because it had better pacing and there were more behind-the-scenes scenes. Plus, 2D>3D (for the dance sequences).

Piano? 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back