「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #123,813 of 177,744
@bowei006 @Exesteils @Idsynchrono_24 @Tom Yum Goong

Just to be thorough, here's a little overview of the three Final Audio Design headphones I mentioned recently.

The MURAMASA VIII was an $8,000 prototype that was produced in limited quantities and ultimately discontinued.

The next two are yet to be released.

I heard the Pandora Hope X will be less than $1,200.

The limited edition of this model is the Pandora SE, which will apparently cost between $10,000 and $14,000! (No idea why.)

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #123,814 of 177,744

Hey now, I don't have the job yet. I still have one more interview to clear. :p

Jump over the interview. 

I know, but I backed it for the form-factor and battery. Won't be using it for DSD playback(much)

Lucky devil. Wish I had a small taste of what it's capable of, since we'd probably wait another 6 months for them to get into production.
I know ClieOS is getting one. Not gonna bother with the review promo since I'm buying one anyways. Do link me or PM me you opinion on the thing once you get a good feel of it.
Then you'd be happy to know it comes with an armband for workout use.
biggrin.gif

It's been sitting on my desk for the last few weeks. Haven't had time to use it really. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #123,821 of 177,744
Music Alchemist
The prototype Muramasa I can understand due to it being very limited and discontinued. But both the X and SE looks like glorified Pandora Hope VIs to me. Unless they are significantly better than the VI, I really don't see the point except for collectors or hardcore FAD fans.

HybridCore It's like those armpit pics circulating around China these days. Seriously, What were they thinking?

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #123,824 of 177,744
The prototype Muramasa I can understand due to it being very limited and discontinued. But both the X and SE looks like glorified Pandora Hope VIs to me. Unless they are significantly better than the VI, I really don't see the point except for collectors or hardcore FAD fans.

The only reason I would ever spend that much on a headphone is if it offered a superior (or at least very unique) sound. Aesthetics are secondary, and that's covered here anyway.

Also, it was $8,000 before it was discontinued, and the Pandora SE will probably be even more limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back