「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #122,867 of 177,744
That had immense sentimental value, though! (Plus, it made a few people laugh.) Doing a hearing test is too boring for my tastes, until I start publishing audio reviews, at which time it would be of more practical use.

Heyyy buddy! Haven't talked to ya in awhile.
normal_smile%20.gif

Hi :)

I heard it's like L4D with vampires and magic. I'm slightly interested....

Steam name plox.

No interest in boosting your audiophool ego? Wow. People here on HF went nuts with this test when it first came out.

I think it's searchable by Spada05, maybe Toxiik.
Your opinion on Lisa turning a bit moe in this weeks episode?

It confused the piss out of me...

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #122,869 of 177,744
One thing I don't like about xACT is that it leaves an encoder tag filled in.

You tried to natively install Linux on OS X? It is possible, but hardware support was very lacking back then. I'm not sure how it is now, but I installed Ubuntu and Windows XP on my 2008 aluminum MacBook back in 2009.

Isn't there a setting for that?

btw, did I mention my server is actually a mac mini?
I deeply regret getting it now but hey, it's usable.

Hm, I don't see an option for that.

And ah, I see. I thought you were talking about your 13-inch MacBook this whole time. XD

Oh man, this second Higurashi soundtrack has some exciting tracks.

Well I would trust these objective tests over others' undisclosed methods' claims, which don't have any real value behind them. Besides, if it really were due to other equipment, then I think it would be the fault of the equipment and not the file format itself, as concluded in Part 1 of the above test. I have yet to see statistically significant evidence that the format itself sounds different.

But you hear files + systems, not files by themselves. The fault would lie in how the equipment plays the files - everyone can agree on that in hypothetical terms. I trust the objective tests more as well, but until you conduct those tests on the systems of the ones making the claims (or at least more systems in general), they don't have nearly as much use.

Fair enough. But until then, there's no concrete evidence for that there is a difference between them and I can only conclude that the maybe 1 in 100 people who can hear a supposed difference are just fooling themselves unless proper testing was done and not just "I can hear a difference."

Ooooooooooooooooooo shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!! Jojo episode 19 was freakin intense! How do you even fight a Stand like that? : o
Mind = blown

Hmm, still need to catch up. I'm at ep 4 or so right now

The annoying thing is that I read JoJo only a few months ago. All of the little plot details are still fresh in my head, which makes it slightly boring to watch.

That's why I don't want to read ahead in the manga at the moment; it'll ruin the fun for me while watching the anime. XD

I've seen Death 13 in the Jojo fighting games though.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKMUZ4tlJg[/video]

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #122,870 of 177,744
I think it's searchable by Spada05, maybe Toxiik.

It confused the piss out of me...

Found you!

It really was a bit...unexpected. But not too unexpected. Eager to see where this is going!

Everyone knows cryogenic treated human fetuses are the best cable material. Of course also showered with positrons to scare away the bad electrons and hence improve sound quality,

+1

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #122,871 of 177,744
  Nah, audio book 32 kbps MP3 is the way to go!

I've never seen soy sauce that viscous-looking before.
They're just like Nico before she joined Muse.

Did you at least get a refund?

Hopefully I can, it's probably worth a considerable price here on the Australian market.

Yeah, I even remember stumbling across a thread where someone said that gold cables were inferior to copper ones in terms of sound quality. LOL!

I'd like to take one of those apart...

Cue this thing again:

I have an old Dell Inspiron 530s that needs a new hard drive. Maybe I can use it as some sort of media server...

awww. Not using it huh

Recovery disk don't do a thing.

I don't remember the details since it's 2 years since I last tinkered with it, but I definitely did try that.

Reset pram and SMC, and use desktop to do a full reformat of the disk. 

Then boot to disk drive with a fresh OSX full install in the disk drive

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #122,872 of 177,744
@Spada05 @Tom Yum Goong "Monogatari" is one of the song titles on the Higurashi soundtrack. =D

Everyone knows cryogenic treated human fetuses are the best cable material. Of course also showered with positrons to scare away the bad electrons and hence improve sound quality,

I actually wasn't referring to cables - notice how I speak in general terms.

But gold is a bad conductor and there is ample documentation as to its proper and improper use in audio equipment.

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #122,875 of 177,744
Yeah. I should spend some more effort towards fixing it. Probably the day after tomorrow.

Download stock or an OSX version that is acceptable to be used with your laptop. 

If you call Apple, there is a decent chance they may send you your original restore disk for free.

They did to me. I called them a few months ago, and even though I was out of warranty and had no support. The guys at Apple sent me a full restore disk free with next day shipping....

But then again. You may not need a restore disk but possibly just a regular stock full instal..kinda what the install disk is but a bit more tailored to your Mac. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #122,876 of 177,744
Aug 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #122,877 of 177,744
  Monogatari means "story/tale" etc. Pretty common word!
Is the track any good?

Btw. what animes are you watching right now?

Nah, it's more of a background music in-between track. I may post some of the better tracks later.

Well, I was going to make Monogatari my next anime. I've been doing other things, though, so who knows when I'll get around to it...

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #122,878 of 177,744

Well, I was going to make Monogatari my next anime. I've been doing other things, though, so who knows when I'll get around to it...

That's a series that needs some dedication sooo...brace yourself.
(Don't post a ******* Game of Thrones meme)

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #122,879 of 177,744
You a brony?

Edit: You were the last guy to post in the MLP thread, so I guess you are.

Please don't shoot me on site D:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't consider myself a "true" brony like I used to be. I still like the show and the community can produce some great stuff, but the weird stuff started flowing in to where I frequented most and I just sorta left. I do treasure the friends and connections I made back in the day though.

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #122,880 of 177,744
Please don't shoot me on site D:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't consider myself a "true" brony like I used to be. I still like the show and the community can produce some great stuff, but the weird stuff started flowing in to where I frequented most and I just sorta left. I do treasure the friends and connections I made back in the day though.

I used to watch the show, wasn't active at all in the community. Though I am in fact the OP of Head-Fi's MLP thread. Not that that means much.
I have quite a few brony friends. But in the end I stopped watching the show because it became boring to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back