「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #122,117 of 177,744

...random dumb memes I just made. I was too lazy to get more relevant screenshots or come up with more witty commentary.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #122,118 of 177,744
Purchased everything I need for my bike maintenance for about $200 at Amazon, up yours world Bwahahhahahah.

In other news, my Altone 200 replacement came in. Will start listening SOON...

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #122,119 of 177,744
Purchased everything I need for my bike maintenance for about $200 at Amazon, up yours world Bwahahhahahah.

Yeah, we fix up our bikes by ourselves as well 
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #122,120 of 177,744
Just finished all of Durarara!!

What a ride! Every moment was brilliant, there wasn't a single downside. 100/10

Now, what to watch next... I think I'm going to save Baccano! for a little bit, and look for a change of pace. Gotta spread out the awesome.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #122,121 of 177,744
  Just finished all of Durarara!!

What a ride! Every moment was brilliant, there wasn't a single downside. 100/10

Now, what to watch next... I think I'm going to save Baccano! for a little bit, and look for a change of pace. Gotta spread out the awesome.

Watch the OVA!!!

And then Kara no Kyoukai.
or whatever.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #122,122 of 177,744
Next movie on my to-watch list.
I love weird surreal **** like this ♥

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #122,123 of 177,744
It's not like I have a job or a life. Just some summerwork and SAT prep I should really do.

Is the SAT this late in the year? Isn't it much more handy to have in June or earlier to manage admissions? Or are you just working ahead real far.

That's racist.

I'd run away too if I'd have to talk to a German guy that doesn't even speak English. I could attempt blabbing in Dutch to him, but that would be rather risky. Better be safe and make a run for it.

But if the estimated labor costs of the repair were quite high, isn't it a lot of work to replace the parts? Especially since you're not a pro like them.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #122,126 of 177,744
Is the SAT this late in the year? Isn't it much more handy to have in June or earlier to manage admissions? Or are you just working ahead real far.

IIRC there's 2 tests per academic year, one in the fall (with PSATs) and one in the spring (just SATs). I also need to prepare for at least 3 SAT subject tests but that shouldn't be a problem (probably chemistry, physics, math I, and math II). A few of them I can take during the spring since the material on it should be similar to the AP tests so I should have a good idea of what's on the subject tests.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #122,127 of 177,744
Still have to watch Kara no Kyoukai myself. My bro said it was pretty good, so perhaps I'd appreciate it too. But I don't really feel like watching anime right now.

Oh that's a show you have to be ready for. Pretty heavy stuff.

You need to watch Angel's Egg.

Do I?
*watches trailer*
Yes I do.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #122,128 of 177,744
But if the estimated labor costs of the repair were quite high, isn't it a lot of work to replace the parts? Especially since you're not a pro like them.

It's not so much hard work as it is having all the correct tools. I've done this to my first bike and it took me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Some of that time was me looking for tools and stuff...

I would imagine a trained motorcycle mechanic with all the tools at his disposal would finish the work in ~30m given what I've been told by friends(some mechanics) and seen. There's also the question of skill(training aside) and ethics(is he slacking to run the clock).

I used my dad's tools on the first run but he's not a very organized person, getting better, maybe, lolz.

Changing the tire is a MAJOR PITA without the correct tools/equipment. Some stuff you can get away with, like using pliers on a bolt, others you either get creative(use screw type clamp to break tyre bead) or go home kid.

Up yours as well tyre! Hehehe

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #122,129 of 177,744
Yeah there's a chain of world foods stores that sells it.
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/hela-curry-ketchup.do

And yup! Have your $23k cable that's made of pure gold because gold sounds the best and it's wrapped in a pure platinum coating to improve the sound quality and that's wrapped in 24k diamond like a chain so that it will prevent ultraviolet rays from destroying the audio quality and it's got 100% pure copper on the outside to prevent thieves from stealing it and terminated with a 30-year old nickel 2.5 mm tip-sleeve jack for the maximum vintage sound. You can add an additional $3k to get it wrapped in special acoustic llama fur from Cuba to prevent jitter from occurring, another $5k to wrap it in patent-pending top-secret military-grade rubber to prevent your standard wear and tear and product durability up to 30 days, and another $10k to wrap it in a flexible PCB to prevent RFI and other x-ray interference from messing up the sound quality. 6/6 from 6Moon Audio, highly recommended by voodoo people at Magic Cable Shop, and 15/10 from your local Sterileophile hobbyists. If you pay up-front in cash with a 10% service fee, you get a 1-day trial guarantee or your money back! All of the audiphiles are raving about this product, so get your cable today! :D

For the love of all that is holy, get yourself some Niederegger Marzipan!

Best Marzipan ever (invented and produced in my hometown :p) Their "flagship store" is always filled with tourists.
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/jg-niederegger-marzipan-dark-loaf.do?page=2&from=fn

This stuff is also pretty great:
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/toffifay-candy.do?page=2&from=fn

You still need to explain this whole ordination thing.
Dang it, I didn't see the marzipan there. >.>

I ended up getting a pack of Jammie Dodgers though. A fellow British YouTuber said she didn't like it at all, so I wanted to give it a try. XD

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #122,130 of 177,744
For the love of all that is holy, get yourself some Niederegger Marzipan!

Best Marzipan ever (invented and produced in my hometown :p) Their "flagship store" is always filled with tourists.
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/jg-niederegger-marzipan-dark-loaf.do?page=2&from=fn

This stuff is also pretty great:
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/toffifay-candy.do?page=2&from=fn

Sorry for quoting a post of more than two weeks ago, just read it, and I'm bored enough to reply.

I just use marzipan in cake recipes, I don't really like to eat it straight. And if you use it in a cake anyway, quality is not such an issue.

Also, toffifay (if that's the international spelling) is not that incredible imo. Then again, I don't really like bon bons or fudge or any of those kinda things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back