「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #121,516 of 177,745

Hey guys, please remember to spoiler tag things.

I had something spoiled for me yesterday due to something said here. 

I'm so glad I use private trackers. It's all a non-issue.

Please re-edit and delete or spoiler tag the offending image. 

Sorry for being anal about it. But we need to keep quality control. 

Here's some freedom if you want some

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #121,517 of 177,745

crap. Didn't even look at it, was only replying to continue the convo. Pic removed.

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #121,518 of 177,745

Y'know, this wouldn't have happened if you watched Clannad+After Story 
tongue.gif

And this is also advice to all of those who haven't watched it either!

But spoilers are spoilers, so I re-edited it.

What was spoiled for you yesterday? 

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #121,519 of 177,745

I'm guessing the one without blood across her face, because she seems too obvious of a choice to be correct! :D

Become part of the desktop masterrace~

Lol, celebrities dating non-celebrities... Relationships actually lasting... Ha. Ha. Ha.

Oh? Do you have one of those names that only 3 people in the world have or something? XD

I can get the full album easily. The question is whether I'll remember to do so or not. :p

Again, violence shouldn't be an issue. Just blur everything out and you'll get by. XD

Sweet, thanks! As you can see I replied to them. :wink:

Yay, Tracy's joining in!

...However, you did not specify which title (villain or heroine) you were referring to. Here is an update post containing more images, which may influence your decision. I will reveal the answer tomorrow.

Yep, a desktop computer is what I should get next.

I was mostly joking about that - but I would love to make music with her!

I wish I could tell you, because you would seriously not believe me, then flip out. Let's just say my full name is entirely unique and longer than usual, but the cool part is my first and middle name. (I go by my middle name.)

The samples would be to help convince you to listen to the full album.

The ESRB isn't so lax as to allow mere smudges for certain content. Look at the AO-rated games and their console counterparts. Many scenes have to be drastically altered or entirely removed to be fit for commercial release.

Oh whoops, I'll guess blue is the bad person and red is the good person.

IMO the price/performance ratio is tons better, and you can just fix any parts that are slow or break down instead of replacing the whole thing.

I still can't believe she's 21 now... I remember her when she was like 15 on Drake & Josh, if not younger. :0

Wow, even just going by your middle name is pretty rare in America nowadays.

Okay, just hit me with some samples :p

Yeah, I know. Remember Manhunt 2?

Haha yup, exactly!!!

I'm guessing the one without blood across her face, because she seems too obvious of a choice to be correct! :D

Become part of the desktop masterrace~

Lol, celebrities dating non-celebrities... Relationships actually lasting... Ha. Ha. Ha.

Oh? Do you have one of those names that only 3 people in the world have or something? XD

I can get the full album easily. The question is whether I'll remember to do so or not. :p

Again, violence shouldn't be an issue. Just blur everything out and you'll get by. XD

Sweet, thanks! As you can see I replied to them. :wink:

Whaaaat? What's the problem? :frowning2:

Soooooo true, considering I just built that "second PC" over the summer...

Wait, I thought you already had your license???

Seems like a huge troll to me, but I guess we'll see what happens in 24 hours. I can't imagine the Japanese government actually paying to purchase a piracy site... I could see them trying to seize the servers/domain, but not buying the site outright, lol.

Nope, I didn't have my lisence

I couldn't take the test as my car failed inspection. It's a new car. And the reason was because the tail-light was not working. We got home and the reason? It was unplugged.....literally an easilly accessible plug that you just plug in was the reason.

There is no more chances for me to take the test while I am home. And my permit expires right before I get back home from school next year. Which would require me to pay and have to retake the two tests for the permit yet again, AND to go through another 8 hour class (and pay). And then wait 4 months before I get to take the drivers test. Of which since my summer vacation is only so long. By the time I am eligible to take the test. I am back in school. So following the general strategy, it would cost another $500 and another two years before I can get my lisence because I got to College 600miles away from my home state. 

The only other option is to pay and redo all that schiit in my College state....

Wow, that's super BS... Can you even do the driving test in your college state without being a resident?

Can you just take your permit on winter break or something? Just give it a try at least?

BTW, do you have any 1+1 invites?

I should just give up getting new headphones of any sort and save up for a 009.

The number of current "Top end flagships" ($1000-2000USD) I actually like... so few (hint: less than 2), it is not even funny. I am more happy with older "flagships" than most of the new ones.

I hope I am not going crazy.

Amen. Which $1-2k flagships do you like though?

Tatsugod and Jebus Yamato are screw***ng with me. 

I couldn't take the test as my car failed inspection. It's a new car. And the reason was because the tail-light was not working. We got home and the reason? It was unplugged.....literally an easilly accessible plug that you just plug in was the reason.

There is no more chances for me to take the test while I am home. And my permit expires right before I get back home from school next year. Which would require me to pay and have to retake the two tests for the permit yet again, AND to go through another 8 hour class (and pay). And then wait 4 months before I get to take the drivers test. Of which since my summer vacation is only so long. By the time I am eligible to take the test. I am back in school. So following the general strategy, it would cost another $500 and another two years before I can get my lisence because I got to College 600miles away from my home state. 

The only other option is to pay and redo all that schiit in my College state....

Wow, that's really unfortunate. :/
Sorry to hear about that. How do driving licenses work in other states anyway? I thought you have to live there for X years to qualify as a Y state resident and then you would have to take Y state's own driving tests to be eligible to get Y state's driver's license.

Yeah, something like this:
http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/moving.html

Yeah, in WA if you're over 18 and a resident here, you don't have to even take driver's education courses, you can just take the test.

@NLNH: You should get bigger ammo crates like these:

Those are 50 caliber, 20mm and 40mm shells respectively, IIRC.

Wheee, just spent like $55 on 4 records, including some cool and rare stuff! I finally found Roundabout by Yes on one of their albums, and I got a Japanese pressing of Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits. Japanese pressings are so crazy rare and expensive in the states, I was extremely gracious it was only $25...

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #121,520 of 177,745
  crap. Didn't even look at it, was only replying to continue the convo. Pic removed.

Thanks spada. 

Y'know, this wouldn't have happened if you watched Clannad+After Story 
tongue.gif

I've seen Clannad AS though? It's one of my favorite series. But the spoilered anime was another one that someone posted about yesterday. Akuma no Riddle. Forgot who posted the spoiler and don't wanna go back to check. 

IMO the price/performance ratio is tons better, and you can just fix any parts that are slow or break down instead of replacing the whole thing.

I still can't believe she's 21 now... I remember her when she was like 15 on Drake & Josh, if not younger. :0

Wow, that's super BS... Can you even do the driving test in your college state without being a resident?

Can you just take your permit on winter break or something? Just give it a try at least?

Yeah, in WA if you're over 18 and a resident here, you don't have to even take driver's education courses, you can just take the test.

Wheee, just spent like $55 on 4 records, including some cool and rare stuff! I finally found Roundabout by Yes on one of their albums, and I got a Japanese pressing of Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits. Japanese pressings are so crazy rare and expensive in the states, I was extremely gracious it was only $25...

Yeah, I kept telling my parents that I can't just waltz in and declare myself a resident and get a lisence in Virginia -_- they don't get logic. 

Their logic is ' I liive there, therefore I get'

We are trying for winter break. But the DMV takes 1.5hours by phone each time to even get a rep. This includes checking for open spots or cancelling ones. The warning we were given were that the already crappy conditions of the roads in the test area will be worse during Christmas obviously. And anybody that was booked during the seasons that got cancelled due to bad weather are auto pushed to VERY end of list (they have to put you somewhere). And to cancel that or rebook it.....it is 1.5 hours by phone wait time each time -_-

Sorry Tracy, I don't have any invites. I was given one....but I no have any 
frown.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #121,522 of 177,745

I've seen Clannad AS though? It's one of my favorite series. But the spoilered anime was another one that someone posted about yesterday. Akuma no Riddle. Forgot who posted the spoiler and don't wanna go back to check. 

I see. So you skipped the first season?

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #121,523 of 177,745

Yeah, I kept telling my parents that I can't just waltz in and declare myself a resident and get a lisence in Virginia -_- they don't get logic. 

Their logic is ' I liive there, therefore I get'

We are trying for winter break. But the DMV takes 1.5hours by phone each time to even get a rep. This includes checking for open spots or cancelling ones. The warning we were given were that the already crappy conditions of the roads in the test area will be worse during Christmas obviously. And anybody that was booked during the seasons that got cancelled due to bad weather are auto pushed to VERY end of list (they have to put you somewhere). And to cancel that or rebook it.....it is 1.5 hours by phone wait time each time -_-

Sorry Tracy, I don't have any invites. I was given one....but I no have any 
frown.gif

Woooooow, that freaking makes sense -_-

Sounds like one of those calls you have to make early in the morning, and then just screw around on the internet and whatnot while you're waiting. 

Ah no worries, I was slightly interested in it but I think I'll end up waiting for the Nexus 6 instead. :wink:

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #121,524 of 177,745

Just get the Oppo Find 7a; it's essentially the exact same phone, minus the invite and Cyanogenmod BS. Plus, it's made by a manufacturer who makes audiophile grade headphones!

Even take a look at their specs:

1. 5.5" 1080p IPS display
  2. Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Adreno 400 GPU
  3. 13 MP back, 5 MP front camera

Really, the only differences (albeit small differences) between the Find 7a and the Oneplus One are:

2.3 GHz vs. 2.5 GHz
2 GB RAM vs. 3 GB RAM
2800 mAh battery vs. 3100 mAh battery
BSI camera sensor vs. CMOS camera sensor
Bluetooth 4.0 vs. Bluetooth 4.1
WiFi a/b/g/n vs. a/b/g/n/ac
MicroSD slot vs. no MicroSD slot

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #121,525 of 177,745
  Just get the Oppo Find 7a; it's essentially the exact same phone, minus the invite and Cyanogenmod BS. Plus, it's made by a manufacturer who makes audiophile grade headphones!

Even take a look at their specs:

1. 5.5" 1080p IPS display
  2. Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Adreno 400 GPU
  3. 13 MP back, 5 MP front camera

Really, the only differences between the Find 7a and the Oneplus One are:

2.3 GHz vs. 2.5 GHz
2 GB RAM vs. 3 GB RAM
Bluetooth 4.0 vs. Bluetooth 4.1
WiFi a/b/g/n vs. a/b/g/n/ac
MicroSD slot vs. no MicroSD slot

Not true. The first part that is. 
biggrin.gif

I hung out with Chris from OPPO Digital USA the other day. And nope. The OPPO that makes audio equipment (the USA one), is NOT actually affiliated with the OPPO Electronics(Asia) that makes phones. OPPO Digital USA lisenced out the brand from OPPO Electronics (Asia) so as to get better market domination/coverage in Asia and renown. Basically, rather than starting anew and building up a brand name. They bought the brand name and started making products under it. A few terms they negotiated (OPPO that makes headphones) includes them being able to use OPPO Asia's contacts and manufacturing capabilities to make their own stuff.

But for the most part, they are not the same thing. 

The 2GB vs 3GB ram thing is very big for me. 

also....the OPPO Find 7a is even MORE unavailble in the USA and actually costs almost double the OPO(invite cost) in terms of being able to buy it right now in USA. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #121,526 of 177,745
I'm watching Paprika right now.

Holy ****.

Finished Paprika.

Man, what a ride! I love surreal **** like this ♥

Wasn't perfect but still very very enjoyable :)

Absolutely worth watching.

That movie was incredible and jarring.

There are people who aren't familiar with Satoshi Kon's work? That's kinda crazy to me. My favorite work of his is Perfect Blue. Tokyo Godfathers was really entertaining too

I really need to run through his works. Since I'll be holed up in a hotel for work next week somewhere random, that might not be a bad idea.

Y'know, this wouldn't have happened if you watched Clannad+After Story :p  

So very much this.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #121,527 of 177,745

Not true. The first part that is. 
biggrin.gif

I hung out with Chris from OPPO Digital USA the other day. And nope. The OPPO that makes audio equipment (the USA one), is NOT actually affiliated with the OPPO Electronics(Asia) that makes phones. OPPO Digital USA lisenced out the brand from OPPO Electronics (Asia) so as to get better market domination/coverage in Asia and renown. Basically, rather than starting anew and building up a brand name. They bought the brand name and started making products under it. A few terms they negotiated (OPPO that makes headphones) includes them being able to use OPPO Asia's contacts and manufacturing capabilities to make their own stuff.

But for the most part, they are not the same thing. 

The 2GB vs 3GB ram thing is very big for me. 

also....the OPPO Find 7a is even MORE unavailble in the USA and actually costs almost double the OPO(invite cost) in terms of being able to buy it right now in USA. 

I see, so it's even less related to each other than the Samsung that makes smartphones and the Samsung that makes microwaves. But still, being licensed under the same name still counts for something, right? These days, a brand name makes up a large part of a product.

I only have 2 GB RAM on my S4, and have never pushed it to the limit, even with several apps open. Software efficiency is just as important as the hardware capabilites!

The availability thing is hard to equate, so if you take away the invite, the price difference is at most $100-$150. 

Also, nice ninja edit with bolding that paragraph.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #121,529 of 177,745
Also speaking of phones, in China looks like everyone uses phablets. But these ones are scary big. Much larger than the Note 3. I suspect they might be Huawei phones? Haven't really looked into it in detail.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #121,530 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back