「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #121,502 of 177,745
  I was so innocent back then....

Oh god yes lol. 

Just having started Psycho Pass and not being able to wait to talk about it lol!

They say Millenium ACtress is equally as good as Paprika. I'm gonna check that one out firs.t 

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #121,503 of 177,745

It's a song you know, actually. (Also my favorite J-rock song.)

I dropped that show after like five episodes.
Is that really J-Rock? Not so sure about that.

This is J-Rock for sure :D

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #121,504 of 177,745
  They say Millenium ACtress is equally as good as Paprika. I'm gonna check that one out firs.t 

It's by the same guy. He also made Tokyo Godfathers and some other famous movie.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #121,506 of 177,745
There are people who aren't familiar with Satoshi Kon's work? That's kinda crazy to me. My favorite work of his is Perfect Blue. Tokyo Godfathers was really entertaining too

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #121,507 of 177,745
Hm, does anyone know of a free program in OS X that can edit album artwork of FLAC files? Sometimes EAC doesn't embed the album artwork.

On Windows, you can simply use Mp3tag.

I use dBpoweramp for everything from ripping CDs to converting files to editing tags and art. I was going to share the OS X alpha test download with you, but it doesn't seem to support tag editing yet.

This may be of use to you:

http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/general/3341-announce-os-x-version-of-mp3tag

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #121,508 of 177,745
Man Kurenai is a classic. I still listen to Art of Life sometimes. I think the only Visual Kei stuff I still listen to from when I first got into it 10 years ago is early X and early Luna Sea. I kinda dig some of Dir en Grey's recent work too, but mostly for Kyo's crazy Mike Patton-esque vocals. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #121,509 of 177,745
  There are people who aren't familiar with Satoshi Kon's work? That's kinda crazy to me. My favorite work of his is Perfect Blue. Tokyo Godfathers was really entertaining too

Tokyo Godfathers is the best (and possibly the only) anime Christmas movie.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #121,510 of 177,745
Hm, does anyone know of a free program in OS X that can edit album artwork of FLAC files? Sometimes EAC doesn't embed the album artwork.

On Windows, you can simply use Mp3tag.

I use dBpoweramp for everything from ripping CDs to converting files to editing tags and art. I was going to share the OS X alpha test download with you, but it doesn't seem to support tag editing yet.

This may be of use to you:

http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/general/3341-announce-os-x-version-of-mp3tag

Ah a Wine port. That'll do. Thanks for that!

I've only briefly read about dBpoweramp for OS X and it doesn't seem to be quite ready yet.

[rule]AxelCloris
At last, they have arrived. The red is a rough matte red as opposed to the smooth and somewhat lustrous blue one.

Also, 'MERICA!

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #121,511 of 177,745

Wait... so is Nyaa going down now?

Wooooooooot?!
That would suck super hard! I thought this new law wasn't that serious
confused_face(1).gif

This is why I don't like real-life Japanese things.

Thanks for a fun month, everyone.

I can be as excited as I want, mister meanie pants!

Thank you, thank you! (I was waiting for that chicken to squawk.)

Have you guys ever heard a Japanese concert where the singer says "shank you, shank you"? Apparently it's because Japanese doesn't have a native "th" sound, so they pronounce it as "s" or "sh"!

The scary thing is that over 900 of them were all in the past month!

I believe it's indeed pronounced "sankyuu". I've never heard it pronounced as "shank you" 
confused.gif
???

It's a song you know, actually. (Also my favorite J-rock song.)

A few of my favorites:

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #121,514 of 177,745

So hard to find on Youtube...

Such a shame this song is not on his album or anywhere else it seems.

Yess!!! Chinese that I can actually read. It's kind of comforting (both this song and the subtitles).

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #121,515 of 177,745

I'm so glad I use private trackers. It's all a non-issue.

I shall seek your assistance once the Nyaa apocalypse begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back