「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #121,471 of 177,745
So, bought a PS2. Sadly, without the memcard (will have to get it later), but looks like it's in decent shape at least. Playing Soul Calibur 3 now, it's... OK. Never been a SC person, though - always prefered Tekken or Virtua Fighter (and the console port of VF4 was awful. VF4 Evolution might have fixed some of that, but I don't remember). So far playing mostly Cassandra and Xianghua.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #121,472 of 177,745
  So, bought a PS2. Sadly, without the memcard (will have to get it later), but looks like it's in decent shape at least. Playing Soul Calibur 3 now, it's... OK. Never been a SC person, though - always prefered Tekken or Virtua Fighter (and the console port of VF4 was awful. VF4 Evolution might have fixed some of that, but I don't remember). So far playing mostly Cassandra and Xianghua.

Dragon Quest 8 is quite enjoyable on the PS2, you may want to look into it.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #121,473 of 177,745
  I should just give up getting new headphones of any sort and save up for a 009.

The number of current "Top end flagships" ($1000-2000USD) I actually like... so few (hint: less than 2), it is not even funny. I am more happy with older "flagships" than most of the new ones.

I hope I am not going crazy.

Nothin' wrong with that!
normal_smile .gif

You may see me as a newb, but I have read hundreds of pages worth of information pertaining to the SR-009. I know going out and auditioning various setups would be the best way to decide what you want to use with it, but if you ever need more input (including quotes from endless reviews, especially regarding amp setups), I would be happy to assist you in some capacity.

I was so peeved that my PS3 has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games!

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #121,475 of 177,745
Tatsugod and Jebus Yamato are screw***ng with me. 

I couldn't take the test as my car failed inspection. It's a new car. And the reason was because the tail-light was not working. We got home and the reason? It was unplugged.....literally an easilly accessible plug that you just plug in was the reason.

There is no more chances for me to take the test while I am home. And my permit expires right before I get back home from school next year. Which would require me to pay and have to retake the two tests for the permit yet again, AND to go through another 8 hour class (and pay). And then wait 4 months before I get to take the drivers test. Of which since my summer vacation is only so long. By the time I am eligible to take the test. I am back in school. So following the general strategy, it would cost another $500 and another two years before I can get my lisence because I got to College 600miles away from my home state. 

The only other option is to pay and redo all that schiit in my College state....

Wow, that's really unfortunate. :/
Sorry to hear about that. How do driving licenses work in other states anyway? I thought you have to live there for X years to qualify as a Y state resident and then you would have to take Y state's own driving tests to be eligible to get Y state's driver's license.

Yeah, something like this:
http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/moving.html

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #121,476 of 177,745

The number of current "Top end flagships" ($1000-2000USD) I actually like... so few (hint: less than 2), it is not even funny. I am more happy with older "flagships" than most of the new ones.

You're not crazy. I only like the SR-007 MKI on the Liquid Lightning of the so-called "top of the line" headphones, whatever that means.

HD800 is too bright, SR-009 too uneven-sounding, TH900 ew, Abyss is too aggressive, LCD-3 too dark and closed-in, LCD-X has a treble spike, HE-6 has a treble spike, Erectile Dysfunction 8 ew, Beyer T1 ew, and I'm probably missing another or two.

I very much love the SR-009, but the price is too much, far higher than what I am willing to pay. While I do like the K812 too, but again the high price and frankly, schitt cable and plug doesn't give me any reason to get it over my SA5000 and A2000X.

Both A2000X and SA5000 was bought at around 100-150 Pounds... It easily sounds as good as the current top ends, if not better than a lot of them. Why buy one headphones that can murder your ears when fend anything but the greatest recordings, when you can buy 10s of the "lesser" headphones sounds just as good with different flavourings and works on even Youtube recordings.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #121,478 of 177,745

Nothin' wrong with that!
normal_smile .gif

You may see me as a newb, but I have read hundreds of pages worth of information pertaining to the SR-009. I know going out and auditioning various setups would be the best way to decide what you want to use with it, but if you ever need more input (including quotes from endless reviews, especially regarding amp setups), I would be happy to assist you in some capacity.

I have pretty much heard everything about the 009 myself. On BSHE, Liquid Lightning, 727, and even my own setup. Again, trust your own ears and not reviews from others.

The only time I can relate to a review is when I actually know the reviewer's personal preference compared to mine, and comparing to equipments that I have heard. Audio is pretty difficult to gauge purely by words and even graphs alone.

Far far FAR too many "defend and glorify my purchase" reviews out there, it is not funny.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #121,480 of 177,745
  I have pretty much heard everything about the 009 myself. On BSHE, Liquid Lightning, 727, and even my own setup. Again, trust your own ears and not reviews from others.

The only time I can relate to a review is when I actually know the reviewer's personal preference compared to mine, and comparing to equipments that I have heard. Audio is pretty difficult to gauge purely by words and even graphs alone.

Far far FAR too many "defend and glorify my purchase" reviews out there, it is not funny.

Yeah, that's true. Nothing beats personal experience. It's just nice to learn others' perspectives as well.

I can't wait until I've heard enough headphones to be able to publish comparison reviews describing the differences I hear.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #121,481 of 177,745

I really liked Soul Calibur 3! Best SC, if you ask me.
Is an emulator not "real" enough for you?

Thanks for a fun month, everyone.

Time to calm down a bit.
You make it sound like your life consists of Head-Fi and sleeping.

+10000000000

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #121,482 of 177,745

You're not crazy. I only like the SR-007 MKI on the Liquid Lightning of the so-called "top of the line" headphones, whatever that means.

HD800 is too bright, SR-009 too uneven-sounding, TH900 ew, Abyss is too aggressive, LCD-3 too dark and closed-in, LCD-X has a treble spike, HE-6 has a treble spike, Erectile Dysfunction 8 ew, Beyer T1 ew, and I'm probably missing another or two.

I very much love the SR-009, but the price is too much, far higher than what I am willing to pay. While I do like the K812 too, but again the high price and frankly, schitt cable and plug doesn't give me any reason to get it over my SA5000 and A2000X.

Both A2000X and SA5000 was bought at around 100-150 Pounds... It easily sounds as good as the current top ends, if not better than a lot of them. Why buy one headphones that can murder your ears when fend anything but the greatest recordings, when you can buy 10s of the "lesser" headphones sounds just as good with different flavourings and works on even Youtube recordings.

SA5000? It sounds okay, but I wouldn't put it in the SR-009 region of sound quality at all, not by a longshot. The treble is really grainy in comparison. >.>

o.0
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRVSA5000.pdf

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AtqUkfd_c[/video]

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #121,483 of 177,745
Finished Paprika.

Man, what a ride! I love surreal **** like this ♥
Wasn't perfect but still very very enjoyable :)

Absolutely worth watching.

Aug 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #121,484 of 177,745

Lulz. You already have a thousand posts dude? I've been here for a decade and you've already made 1/2 as many posts as I have :l 

Actually I retract that statement. I see that Tom above me has made 7K posts in the same time span as you. Yeesh man lol 

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #121,485 of 177,745

That is such an unfortunate circumstance! The only worse one in this category I've heard of was a friend who was sentenced to jail for a similar situation gone wrong.

Wait, how did we get tot he jail part? Elaborate?

I'm watching Paprika right now.

Holy ****.

Yeah, it is on my watch list

Wow, that's really unfortunate. :/
Sorry to hear about that. How do driving licenses work in other states anyway? I thought you have to live there for X years to qualify as a Y state resident and then you would have to take Y state's own driving tests to be eligible to get Y state's driver's license.

Yeah, something like this:
http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/moving.html

Yeah. No idea. My parents keep saying I should be able to. But like you say. I don't think I am able to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back