「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #116,461 of 177,744
Nahhh, that's my seedbox. My HTPC is actually on the bottom right, as I've indicated in this diagram here:

And yeah I need a new GPU, if I can stave off buying a chromebox to replace my seedbox I might get one soon, but again I'm kinda trying to stave off GPU upgrades until the Custom Maid 3D machine Oculus Rift comes out first.

Lol at all the labels and $200 figurine!

Dont forget the weights!

A 550W psu is enough IF IT IS a quality one.... As in Seasonic and other lines and as long as it has thr rails to support your card

Dayum. Dat seeding

You forgot Mushishi. You forgot it super hard.

[rule]I just can't bring myself to watch the last episodes of Mekaku and Soredemo bla...

Ah... Yeah i did
Back from Okinawa, off to Tokyo tomorrow.

Nice

Bring treats!

Lol. U helped out though

Oh yeah...data caps. Bowei, you know if Metrocast has a datacap and if so, anywhere to check it?

500GB but it isnt enforced. More like something they watch out for if you constantly go above that

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #116,462 of 177,744
This is extremely stupid:
http://kotaku.com/male-only-video-game-tournament-sets-off-controversy-1599047351

This is extremely cool:
http://www.destructoid.com/this-rpg-looks-just-like-final-fantasy-tactics-277433.phtml

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #116,463 of 177,744
  Nahhh, that's my seedbox. My HTPC is actually on the bottom right, as I've indicated in this diagram here:

And yeah I need a new GPU, if I can stave off buying a chromebox to replace my seedbox I might get one soon, but again I'm kinda trying to stave off GPU upgrades until the Custom Maid 3D machine Oculus Rift comes out first.

TBH, I'm not a big fan of CM3D... the physics is horrible...... my guess is that the Oculus will just make the experience worse

*returns to my world of VNs and H-CGs*

Trivia: I recently found out that "Oculus" means "Eye" in Latin when poking for info about lenses lol

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #116,464 of 177,744
  This is extremely stupid:
http://kotaku.com/male-only-video-game-tournament-sets-off-controversy-1599047351

This is extremely cool:
http://www.destructoid.com/this-rpg-looks-just-like-final-fantasy-tactics-277433.phtml

The reasoning for split touraments in sport competitions that aren't athletic go into participation.

It reasons (and often times corrrectly), that women would better be encouraged to play in a tournament of their own peers and not to feel like the entry is impossible to go into DUE TO a largely male dominated field.

Video Games, are very male dominated. Especially e-sports. 

However, unlike Chess and others that use this mentallity. It is unknown if the idea behind it works the same. In the sense that if a woman made it into tthe big e-leagues, it may not matter to them to be seperate from men. But hey, no data on this.

There is controversy of course. But I would like to know if the controversy is stemming from the female e-sport contestants themselves on majority? That right there, matters more than arm chair feminists and equal rights proponents who don't work int he field. 

TLDR; Seperated touranments for non-athletic sports are not a barrier, but rather an encouragement for woman to participate in fields that are considered to be heavilly male dominated. And if the female e-sport contestants themselves, en-mass, wish to be de-segregated, than I fully support that decision and idea. Otherwise, if there is none of that idea comming from them, the sport, and specific league in question, should stay segregated for the sake of encouraging participation. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #116,465 of 177,744
Mekaku. Hrmmm. Actually only finished it today despite all my complaints previously
tongue.gif
. Not sure if it was worse or better than I expected...

In any case it definitely devolved to some fanfic level writing in the end. Not to mention I have no idea what actually happened. More confusing than Evangelion lul. And it totally wasn't worth watching 12 episodes just for the 2 minutes Summer-time Record was on. Dat mastering. Still love the original song though.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #116,467 of 177,744
  The reasoning for split touraments in sport competitions that aren't athletic go into participation.

It reasons (and often times corrrectly), that women would better be encouraged to play in a tournament of their own peers and not to feel like the entry is impossible to go into DUE TO a largely male dominated field.

Video Games, are very male dominated. Especially e-sports. 

However, unlike Chess and others that use this mentallity. It is unknown if the idea behind it works the same. In the sense that if a woman made it into tthe big e-leagues, it may not matter to them to be seperate from men. But hey, no data on this.

There is controversy of course. But I would like to know if the controversy is stemming from the female e-sport contestants themselves on majority? That right there, matters more than arm chair feminists and equal rights proponents who don't work int he field. 

TLDR; Seperated touranments for non-athletic sports are not a barrier, but rather an encouragement for woman to participate in fields that are considered to be heavilly male dominated. And if the female e-sport contestants themselves, en-mass, wish to be de-segregated, than I fully support that decision and idea. Otherwise, if there is none of that idea comming from them, the sport, and specific league in question, should stay segregated for the sake of encouraging participation. 

Did you read their poor excuse of a reasoning?

"The decision to divide male and female competitions was made in accordance with international sports authorities, as part of our effort to promote e-Sports as a legitimate sports."

That is complete and utter BS to me.

Your reasoning makes more sense but I still don't agree with it.
If I were a lady, I would feel discouraged because of this segregation.
To me it sounds like they want to say "you can't participate in the big tournaments because you don't have a Y-chromosom. Go and play with the little girls".

Why not make female only tournaments to get more ladies into the e-sport scene and keep the big currently male-dominated ones open to both genders?
What harm would it cause if only four or five girls attend?
"Oh no, now we have to get the keys for the female restroom! The end is neigh!"
Stupid.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #116,468 of 177,744

Did you read their poor excuse of a reasoning?

That is complete and utter BS to me.

Your reasoning makes more sense but I still don't agree with it.
If I were a lady, I would feel discouraged because of this segregation.
To me it sounds like they want to say "you can't participate in the big tournaments because you don't have a Y-chromosom. Go and play with the little girls".

Why not make female only tournaments to get more ladies into the e-sport scene and keep the big currently male-dominated ones open to both genders?
What harm would it cause if only four or five girls attend?
"Oh no, now we have to get the keys for the female restroom! The end is neigh!"
Stupid.

I read it, and it is just talk talk.

What they are saying is:

Everyone does it, so we are gonna do it as we don't wanna pay to do research, or think. 

That is the problem TYG. You aren't a lady, and you aren't representive of what e-sports competitors are. Which is why its a slightly hot topic. If the e-sports female competitors themselves and the general userbase for e-sport games that are female are in support for de-segregation, than that IS WHAT IS represenative of segregation and opinions of it. Nothing else. 

The biggest eye opener for me was during a class questionaire. It was a health class and we were asked questions dealing with our genders.But basically, the females more or less displayed that they saw the world as extremely male dominated, and easier for men. I'm not analzing or whatever what they were saying or thinking. But that was pretty much something that stuck with me. That despite all the nice hand holding and newer equality things we have, that woman are still not equal. And a big part of that, is that many of them aren't taking the initiative based off that idea, hence why there are woman segregated tournaments. To allow easier access. 

Why not do that? Because that then, is immense segregation. Allowing woman access to all events that is while disallowing men. Logically, it may kinda make sense, but not on an emotional scale. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #116,469 of 177,744
01) Ishuukan Friends
02) Mushishi
03) Akuma no Riddle
04) Selector Infected WIXOSS
05) Nanana
06) Ping Pong
07) Mangaka-san to Assistant
08) Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
09) NGNL
10) Chaika
11) Rabbit Horse
12) Love Live 2
13) Nobunaga the Fool
14) Yowamushi Pedal
15) Soul Eater Not
16) Escha and Logy no Atelier
17) Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
18) Black Bullet
19) Sidonia
20) Gokukoku
21) Nisekoi
22) Seikoku no Dragonar
23) Blade and Soul
24) Mekaku
25) Date a Live 2

Drop:
Daimidaler
Kamigami no Asobi

Not sure if I missed out anything orz..

Rettousei and that two robot shows are all going strong.. currently I prefer M3 among those, but things may change later.
Anyway, my most favourite show throughout the season and still on-going is Aikatsu! :D

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #116,471 of 177,744
Got some little taste of this season starting with Bakumatsu Rock and then FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Bakumatsu Rock was corny and cheesy as hell though it was clear from the first episode that it's not meant to be taken too seriously but I don't think it's my cup of tea.

This new season of Free! features more abs, biceps and more fujoshi content than the previous season. I can already hear fangirls screaming from here.I guess they kinda turned up a notch or two for this season though I'm really not sure if I'm in the right mood to watch it.

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #116,473 of 177,744

and some random BL stuff about rock...... Wut

Was it BL?
I watched it and didn't feel a hint of BL but if you count shirtless men playing rock music (which is not at all strange) as BL then I guess to each of its own.

Jul 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #116,475 of 177,744
Rewatching Kitakubu and Yuyushiki until something worthwhile comes up.... because, why not, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back