「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #116,297 of 177,744
Panda... someone would like a word with you.

Recently finished this... Rabbit show. I forget the long-winded name offhand. What a comfy show it was, though. Fun, cute, and it breaks away from a lot of cliches SoL shows have. It's kind of what I expected Kiniro Mosaic to be. I wish it had as much yuri subtext as Kiniro Mosaic, though.

Still, I enjoyed it immensely. Chino a best girl.

Don't know any Chino but that right there is best girl material, no dout!

Bought a new car today.

2008 VW Touran :3

So so much space, lots of cool gadgets and approximately 23 cup holders.

Most expensve car my family has ever bought....

Got a set of winter tires for the old broken-ass Kia xD

What ya know, I might be working for VW soon, excited!

What's the audio system in it like?

German...

Hmm my favorite loli of the season is still Tina Spraut..
However, best girl of the season would be Kaori's mother! (Isshuukan Friends)

Tina is about the only thing good in that show. The other one needs no mention but what happen to her, not very kawaii desu.

I hate you too. :<

Looking good :)

Yeah, seriously! 

What happened to everyone's "break"?

Isn't this a full 12 episodes? 
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru

I was gonna ask if anyone had seen it, I was going to watch it soon since it gives off a very strong summer-ey vibe. Not sure if I should start that or just try and finish up some other shows that finished airing first.

Get a nexus phone. :p  I can say I haven't had any issues like that since going toward the AOSP masterrace.

Now that I've said that, I do really wanna get the new LG G3 when it comes out for T-Mobile on the 16th. 

LG G3 is indeed interesting and thA screen... Would like to try, yes.

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #116,298 of 177,744
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was gonna ask if anyone had seen it, I was going to watch it soon since it gives off a very strong summer-ey vibe. Not sure if I should start that or just try and finish up some other shows that finished airing first.

Trailer is for an OVA episode made for the Bluray box that's releasing soon. And it is an excellent show. Shares major staff with Toradora so you can expect quality.

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #116,299 of 177,744
I played Final Fantasy Tactics. It was excellent. (IIRC there was also a sequel, liked it less but still good). I have played one or two final fantasy games for the DS, and also a dragon quest one. They were fun, as far as I can remember.

I like playing 2D games on an emulator -- the speed ups make it (imo) more fun to play by reducing time spent grinding

Never played anything on a non-nintendo console, really. But I have a controller and a decent computer so emulating gets me somewhere. (Game Cube games are already too heavy for my PC, though).

Fire Emblem 

EDIT: I see someone just said the same. Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, and perhaps some Zelda? Less RRPG but still fun as hell for 3DS.

PS Vita has Persona and Final Fantasy X though.

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #116,300 of 177,744
Don't really like it. The idea of permanent death of characters is annoying imo.

There's two modes. Casual and Classic. Classic is the perm death, just play Casual like all the teenagers do.

xD

Now if your a real man play Classic AFTER finishing Casual.

I beat the game like four times. Three times with Sanae and once with Hijikata.

My first play through was so OP though, my avatar character (Sanae) did like 61 damage and hits twice for a total of 122 per turn. All using magic :wink:.

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #116,301 of 177,744
Don't really like it. The idea of permanent death of characters is annoying imo.

Ahh, didn't know it had that

WEll then, how about as many lives as a cat has?

Panda... someone would like a word with you.

Don't know any Chino but that right there is best girl material, no dout!
What ya know, I might be working for VW soon, excited!
German...
Tina is about the only thing good in that show. The other one needs no mention but what happen to her, not very kawaii desu.
Looking good
smily_headphones1.gif

LG G3 is indeed interesting and thA screen... Would like to try, yes.

Is that from that game anime where the characters are based off consoles?

Das Auto!

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #116,302 of 177,744
  Ahh, didn't know it had that

WEll then, how about as many lives as a cat has?

Is that from that game anime where the characters are based off consoles?

Das Auto!

There is Classic and Casual. It's two different ways to play. Classic has permanent death and Casual doesn't.

That's one of the best features of Awakening over the previous Fire Emblem titles.

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #116,303 of 177,744
I played Final Fantasy Tactics. It was excellent. (IIRC there was also a sequel, liked it less but still good). I have played one or two final fantasy games for the DS, and also a dragon quest one. They were fun, as far as I can remember.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 (that's a mouthful)!!!
One of my absolute favorite games.
Emulate it or whatever, but play it!

Optional in the newest installment.
But I guess you don't own a 3DS, so...

German...

Is this some kind of cliche that I'm not aware of?

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #116,304 of 177,744

Trailer is for an OVA episode made for the Bluray box that's releasing soon. And it is an excellent show. Shares major staff with Toradora so you can expect quality.

Oh okay, sweet. I'm not much of a JC staff fan compared to others, but toradora was pretty darn good. Maybe I should wait until the new box set comes out before watching it then? :d

[quote name="UnityIsPower" url="/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/116325#post_10674489"[quote="mechgamer123, post: 10674425, member: 262031"]Yeah, seriously! 

What happened to everyone's "break"?

Get a nexus phone. :p  I can say I haven't had any issues like that since going toward the AOSP masterrace.

Now that I've said that, I do really wanna get the new LG G3 when it comes out for T-Mobile on the 16th. 
[/quote]

LG G3 is indeed interesting and thA screen... Would like to try, yes.[/quote]
You can pre-order it for the low low price of $600!!!

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #116,305 of 177,744
But I guess you don't own a 3DS, so...

Nope.
Don't intend to buy one either. Too expensive considering there's no flash card for 3DS games. I might buy one if only I wouldn't have to pay so much for games. (yeah I know, I'm that kinda guy. I just don't like paying for stuff when there's a good free alternative)

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #116,306 of 177,744
Nope.
Don't intend to buy one either. Too expensive considering there's no flash card for 3DS games. I might buy one if only I wouldn't have to pay so much for games. (yeah I know, I'm that kinda guy. I just don't like paying for stuff when there's a good free alternative)

Honestly is what counts. I know people who attack Nintendo's consoles, only to find that they're pirating all their PC games.

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #116,307 of 177,744
ZETSUBOU****A!!

A Chinese USB WiFi dongle costs $2.50;
A Chinese 300Mbps 4-Port + WiFi router costs $6.30;
The WiFi chip costs $9.60 to buy alone (=_="")

Cheap Chinese consumer electronics has left me in despair.

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #116,308 of 177,744
Sup.

Finished playing Final Fantasy IV (GBA version). Pretty swell game. Makes me wanna play more JRPG's. Maybe some more final fantasy or perhaps dragon quest. Anyone got any recommendations?

(gosh, I feel lately if have almost solely using this thread for recommendations for whatnot)

Fire Emblem: Awakening on the 3DS has a "casual" mode where your characters get revived after a battle instead of perma death like in other game modes.

If you're into the Final Fantasy shenanigans, how about FFV (more diverse class system) or FFVI (one of the best-known FF games).

Or maybe Advance Wars or Disgaea?

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #116,309 of 177,744
Fire Emblem: Awakening on the 3DS has a "casual" mode where your characters get revived after a battle instead of perma death like in other game modes.

If you're into the Final Fantasy shenanigans, how about FFV (more diverse class system) or FFVI (one of the best-known FF games).

Ooh, Disgaea is good too.

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #116,310 of 177,744

I'm not quite sure how you could consider Advance Wars an RPG.  It's always been a turn based strategy game in my eyes.  Still 100% recommend if you liked Fire Emblem.  On the note of JRPGs, the Rune Factory series is supposed to be quite good.  Shin Megami Tensei, I only recommend this if you enjoy dying on a regular basis. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back