「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #116,236 of 177,744
Jun 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #116,238 of 177,744
I thought the lockscreen notifications were originally from Android, not iOS like it's suggested here.

No idea. I'm surprised that wasn't one thing Apple fanboys started complaining about. Instead they start complaining about Google's new cards styled app switching/multitasking that looks similar to how Safari is in iOS 7.

Still, I really love Google's new "Material Design" philosophy. Google's current UI and UX efforts are kind of like the best from both Apple and Microsoft. You could say Microsoft was the first to use the flat design in phones (WP7 was before Android Jelly Bean and iOS 7) while Apple was the first to put an big emphasis on UX (one example was the unlock sound in the older iOSes that had a very nice tactile clicking sound and then a bunch of other things). Google takes the colorful minimalist design and then combines it with really nice UX design through material animation and actions.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #116,240 of 177,744
Anyone into selling these Steam cards? I have a foil and a few commons and no access to market since I don't buy on Steam. I guess if Long Live The Queen gets back with that flash sale price on the repeats day (honestly I have no idea, I'm not into it much) it should be enough if they sell (at least the foil should?). Or something like that, lol.

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #116,241 of 177,744
Jesus gundam? We already have Jesus Yamato.

Quote:
  Mekakucity Actors 12: ended as a fail, as expected. Whoever was in charge of this kind of just threw it right during the last couple of episodes.

I'mmmm going to blame the source material. The base of the story was obviously pretty thin from the start. Was obvious after episode 10 really.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #116,245 of 177,744

Really glad I got 0005:a galaxy odyssey. The second track hPa is absolutely beautiful. Some of the other songs are questionable for my tastes. The album art is beautiful.

Edit: Cue is also nice.

I thought you got a car for a second...lol

Haha. I guess that could sound like the name for a concept vehicle.

Edit: yeah, I only like 2 songs and the album art of this disc. That's fine. Same goes for a lot of the albums I have.

Thought you got a 2005 Odyssey lol! Quick reading....lol

I'm not a dad (at this point, probably will never be)! No need for the minivan!

The 2005 Australian Honda Odyssey looks much less like a minivan and more like a station wagon. The inside looked bigger than the outside!

Well, this makes things soooooo much easier.

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #116,246 of 177,744

LOL BB guns are outlawed in your state? :O

Not outloawed, you just can't purchase them from Walmart or Dicks online. You have to buy them in stores or get it from Amazon

You can't purchase them locally at Walmart either? That's surprising.

Schweet, new battlestations! :D

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #116,247 of 177,744
  Anyone into selling these Steam cards? I have a foil and a few commons and no access to market since I don't buy on Steam. I guess if Long Live The Queen gets back with that flash sale price on the repeats day (honestly I have no idea, I'm not into it much) it should be enough if they sell (at least the foil should?). Or something like that, lol.

I sell pretty much every card that I get immediately. Only bought cards once or twice.

I'mmmm going to blame the source material. The base of the story was obviously pretty thin from the start. Was obvious after episode 10 really.

That's also a pretty big factor.
The scenes where they actually used the songs were pretty nice though.

You can't purchase them locally at Walmart either? That's surprising.

Schweet, new battlestations! :D

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #116,249 of 177,744
Not sure if this has been asked recently....but what sites are recommended for cheap manga? I was considering ordering Great Teacher Onizuka and Knights of Sidonia at cdjapan, but shipping is a little high. If it's the cheapest though then I'll end up ordering from there.

Any recommendations?

One more thing, my sister is a huge Fruits Basket fangirl, I wanted to get her a volume of it, but damn the prices on eBay are ridiculous! 

PS: My sister is still learning katakana, so for the Fruits Basket it can be either English or Japanese. She'd probably die from just getting a volume as a gift.

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #116,250 of 177,744

Agreed. It was holding up decently and then anything left fell into shambles after episode 10.

The 2005 Australian Honda Odyssey looks much less like a minivan and more like a station wagon. The inside looked bigger than the outside!

O.O

What the...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back