「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #112,622 of 177,744

Nonono not negate the reflections. That's obviously not possible. They don't rely on them and the room acoustics in general and want to get the sound more "directly" to your ears. One reason why you set them up so close to your head :3
And like I said, you don't have to crank them up so much because you don't want to fill the whole room with music (that's not what they are intended for). That also gets rid of a lot of potential reflection distortion whatchamacallit.

Well TBH most speakers on the market don't rely on room acoustics to begin with,
but anyway having the music localized (a bit like headphones) all seems ideal but but it's never gonna happen...

This is coming from a guy who's got 2 pairs of hi-fi speakers (one from epos another from Aqua) and a studio monitor.
My experience is that they work exactly the same, the room completely dominate over what the speakers has to offer....
living room is around 10 m^2 but has a weird shape and reflective walls,
I moved them to the TV section of my anime society room which is around 16m^2 with less reflective walls. Day and Night!

Oh and yeah our anime society room has got a few sections, one for playing mahjong, a storage area and a common area for reading manga or holding meetings
tongue.gif

Huh, very interesting. Do you know much about speaker reflections and room interactions and stuff? Do you generally have to do any damping on the wall the speakers are placed against, other than maybe in the area where the port is located (if they're rear ported)?

Damn, I'm super jelly. Our anime club has one super small room where you can check out manga and that's it. 

Finals have ended and I have returned. 

In other news, GJ-bu ended forever today so now I'm sad. 

Welcome back! How's the stax and Japanese lube? 
tongue.gif

May 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #112,623 of 177,744
Ahh, a corner table. I need a new table and that never crossed my mind.
Her armor is even practical with not cleavage channel.

Practical for anime maybe. Wish someone would make an anime armor that's like DS. Actual armor, one that won't make you dead if someone even remotely f$¥KS up, swings wide and hits your showing abdomen.

May 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #112,624 of 177,744
  Huh, very interesting. Do you know much about speaker reflections and room interactions and stuff? Do you generally have to do any damping on the wall the speakers are placed against, other than maybe in the area where the port is located (if they're rear ported)?

tongue.gif

It really depends on your room, but generally no.

lol wut?

May 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #112,626 of 177,744
It is surprising. What's the point of Apple buying Beats?

Beats started a streaming service some time ago. It would be just a competition buyout. Apparently the service itself is good, although it's not doing that well numbers-wise. On the other hand, not sure why exactly them.

Or maybe Timkuk is a Dr Dre fan and he wants him to finish that album he is supposedly working on since 2001.
Dunno.
Although now he has even more reasons not to release it. :p

Beats makes overpriced hardware, perfect match for Apple's hardware business.

Beats and iPhone, a match made in doucheland.

Lel.

Wat...this is sad news. I'm not completely surprised though considering that Beats is the headphone brand people buy in Apple Stores due to the selection of OVER 9000! colours. Other headphone companies ought to learn from them in that regard.

May 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #112,627 of 177,744

That does sound interesting, but it's FPS and it's competitive, two combinations which I especially suck more.
To make it better? Sautee some onions, garlic and some meat, add that thing to the instant **** you're ruining your body with. At least it will taste good.
No, it's stupid and dumb.

It seems you have experience with instant lunch 
rolleyes.gif

Stupid and dumb from what point of view? From the POV of a business and consumer branding, it pretty much all works out. The only people who don't like it number few and far and aren't the ones who would ever buy it anyway. Factor in the growth of Beats over the last half decade, and how it's branding style is similar to Apple's along with it's extremely high profit margins and extensive use by celebrity's. It pretty much all works out fine. Apple can't predict the future of course, but from the current stance. It's a safe, lucrative, and beneficial deal for Apple. 

Also, it's not really an aquisition. From what I know of how Beats and Dre are doing it is that Apple can only buy as many shares as allowed. HTC bought 51% of the shares but no idea how many they will sell. No idea what amount Dre and his party will sell either. But I will assume Apple will also want a 51+%

May 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #112,628 of 177,744
  Wow, what an awkward end for Kaiki. I do have a feeling he'll be back though.

But yeah, he'll be back

That does sound interesting, but it's FPS and it's competitive, two combinations which I especially suck more.
To make it better? Sautee some onions, garlic and some meat, add that thing to the instant **** you're ruining your body with. At least it will taste good.
No, it's stupid and dumb.

It seems you have experience with instant lunch 
rolleyes.gif

Stupid and dumb from what point of view? From the POV of a business and consumer branding, it pretty much all works out. The only people who don't like it number few and far and aren't the ones who would ever buy it anyway. Factor in the growth of Beats over the last half decade, and how it's branding style is similar to Apple's along with it's extremely high profit margins and extensive use by celebrity's. It pretty much all works out fine. Apple can't predict the future of course, but from the current stance. It's a safe, lucrative, and beneficial deal for Apple. 

Also, it's not really an aquisition. From what I know of how Beats and Dre are doing it is that Apple can only buy as many shares as allowed. HTC bought 51% of the shares but no idea how many they will sell. No idea what amount Dre and his party will sell either. But I will assume Apple will also want a 51+%

Beats just recently bought back their shares from HTC. Is this a signal that they want to be a standalone company, or are they getting ready for Apple's acquisition?

May 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #112,629 of 177,744

Damn, I'm super jelly. Our anime club has one super small room where you can check out manga and that's it. 

tongue.gif

Both great hahaha, I still need to buy the SR-507 pads though but I need more cash first.

May 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #112,631 of 177,744

But yeah, he'll be back

Beats just recently bought back their shares from HTC. Is this a signal that they want to be a standalone company, or are they getting ready for Apple's acquisition?

Could be both.

If Beats got wind of this before HTC knew about Apple buying majority stake in Beats. Then beats could essentially buy back the amount at a low price and sell it to Apple at a higher price. .....yeah, that's how stuff goes

Apple doesn't like other smartphone makers so they may not have wanted to deal with HTC, or not have wanted HTC to EVEN KNOW that they wanted to do this. Thus they could have then secretly met with the Beats audio owners and set this up so that Dre and his peeps would buy back the stuff from HTC and sell 51+% to Apple

May 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #112,632 of 177,744
So I'm listening to a gaming podcast right now, and the incoming lineup they talked about for ps vita is convincing me to it more so then the 3ds. Also with a $5/mo I can get lots of psp games.

Only game I want for the 3DS is Bravely Default.

Vita on the other hand, has a ton of games want to play, P4G for example, plus streaming from my (future) PS4.

May 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #112,633 of 177,744
I just looked more into the Beats aquisition and it seems to be extremely beneficial. 

Note these facts:

Beats Audio 
Beats Streaming Service Patents
Beats Music partnership with Interscope and major record labels 
Beats connection

The Beats Streaming Service has patents for lossless on demand streaming. Apple most likely wants the patents and its workers and market.

The Beats Music thing is like spotify. So far, reception to it has been very positive. It has connections to Interscope and Major labels that Spotify is having huge problems with. You guy the thing, you generally also get the contracts and people with it (unless otherwise stated)

Add this into Apple's current foray with iTunes, great consumer audio, exclusivity and it works out well. As we have seen with iTunes Radio, streaming is a big thing for Apple and aquiring Beats will give them massive experience in the field. 

Also, Iovine and Jobs were in talks many years back about high res audio formats being sold on iTunes. With 'Master quality' tracks on there.

Like Iovine being a part of Beats or not.... the stuff he wants is also generally beneficial to audiophiles. Audiophile's won't buy beats....and so why does it seriously really matter? Dude is helping the industry, although with different sights on what audio and hi-fi is. 

I could go on, but it is a very beneficial aquisition

May 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #112,634 of 177,744
I just don't understand which part of Beats is Apple gonna incorporate. Just the streaming? I don't think the "audio" portion would do Apple any good... And I can't think of anything valuable about Beats except for the brand name. And it's unlikely Apple is going to "brand" their products with Beats Audio... So how does this work? I'm thoroughly confused.

May 9, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #112,635 of 177,744
  I just don't understand which part of Beats is Apple gonna incorporate. Just the streaming? I don't think the "audio" portion would do Apple any good... And I can't think of anything valuable about Beats except for the brand name. And it's unlikely Apple is going to "brand" their products with Beats Audio... So how does this work? I'm thoroughly confused.

??

Patents, contracts, industry connections, name brand, experience

Are the primary things. 

Beats brand has exlusivity, is a lucrative high profit business, and they do have a bit of experience in designing schiit that consumers buy and look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back