「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #112,607 of 177,744
It is surprising. What's the point of Apple buying Beats?

Beats started a streaming service some time ago. It would be just a competition buyout. Apparently the service itself is good, although it's not doing that well numbers-wise. On the other hand, not sure why exactly them.

Or maybe Timkuk is a Dr Dre fan and he wants him to finish that album he is supposedly working on since 2001.
Dunno.
Although now he has even more reasons not to release it. :p

Beats makes overpriced hardware, perfect match for Apple's hardware business.

Beats and iPhone, a match made in doucheland.

Lel.

May 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #112,608 of 177,744

Um... sorry to say but.... probably yea.

There is no way physically possible that one can tune a speaker to negate the room reflections,
doing so would be like having a headphone tuned such that a deaf person can hear music....

The difference though is that SOME hi-fi speakers are designed to rely on room reflections (i.e. bose sound bar)
while ALL monitors assumes that you're in a sound-proof room with close to zero reflection.

and yes, "hi-fi" speakers probably have some intentional coloring while monitors don't.

Nonono not negate the reflections. That's obviously not possible. They don't rely on them and the room acoustics in general and want to get the sound more "directly" to your ears. One reason why you set them up so close to your head :3
And like I said, you don't have to crank them up so much because you don't want to fill the whole room with music (that's not what they are intended for). That also gets rid of a lot of potential reflection distortion whatchamacallit.

May 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #112,609 of 177,744
May 8, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #112,610 of 177,744
Stupid avatar does not want to look like I want it to!

I clicked myself through 50 pages of Hyouka fanart on Pixiv.
It's a slow day.

May 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #112,612 of 177,744
  Monogatari S2 Ep 20: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The end of the last episode tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 

Hmm, I wouldn't say it's too uncommon to flip/flop between the two? But isn't it gonna be kind of hard to find tentacles and whatnot in 3D? xD

I see what you did there!

It would be kind of hard, and pixelated, too.

Lol, I didn't even realize what I did there until you showed me... Gawd I have a subtly dirty mind... Either that or you do. :p

Don't we all...

It's oddly amusing to watch Kaiki ramble to himself.

It really adds to his character as an anti-hero. 

It is surprising. What's the point of Apple buying Beats?

Beats started a streaming service some time ago. It would be just a competition buyout. Apparently the service itself is good, although it's not doing that well numbers-wise. On the other hand, not sure why exactly them.

Or maybe Timkuk is a Dr Dre fan and he wants him to finish that album he is supposedly working on since 2001.
Dunno.
Although now he has even more reasons not to release it. :p
Beats makes overpriced hardware, perfect match for Apple's hardware business.

Beats and iPhone, a match made in doucheland.

Lel.

But as the article said, Beats is a powerful company on its own; there's no reason for Apple to buy a prominent standalone company unless it's adding to their own products (such as the streaming service). I doubt iPhones will include 'Beats Audio' in their next iPhone, because it taints their sterile brand image. Apple might own Beats as a subsidiary, but it won't be like HTC, who actually branded their phones with Beats Audio, included Beats headsets with their handsets, and consequently further decreased their smartphone market share.

If Apple really does buy Beats, I wonder if Apple will become Beats' sole Authorized Reseller? It'd make it much easier to spot fake sets.

Reminds me of this:

May 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #112,613 of 177,744
  Excuse me?
http://gizmodo.com/report-apple-is-reportedly-getting-ready-to-buy-beats-1573710921
What a surprising move
confused_face_2.gif

I wouldn't say it was all that surprising.

Consumer perception of what a company does or why is heavilly warped.

Think about it this way. Beats has an amazing large share of the headphone audio industry, has extreme artist backing, is a brand that attempts or goes for the exclusive 'style', and is high profit with connections in many industries and products in many lines.

Apple does a bit with audio, wants great consumer branding, has money to spend, and is going a bit more into consumer audio.

Also, they get to piss on HTC and steal away one of it's last remaining 'icons'.

May 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #112,615 of 177,744

and yes, "hi-fi" speakers probably have some intentional coloring while monitors don't.

Lol, probably one more reason I'll just get speakers and not get into monitors. :D

Lol, I didn't even realize what I did there until you showed me... Gawd I have a subtly dirty mind... Either that or you do. :p

Don't we all...

Fair enough! Lol

May 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #112,616 of 177,744
  Nonono not negate the reflections. That's obviously not possible. They don't rely on them and the room acoustics in general and want to get the sound more "directly" to your ears. One reason why you set them up so close to your head :3
And like I said, you don't have to crank them up so much because you don't want to fill the whole room with music (that's not what they are intended for). That also gets rid of a lot of potential reflection distortion whatchamacallit.

Well TBH most speakers on the market don't rely on room acoustics to begin with,
but anyway having the music localized (a bit like headphones) all seems ideal but but it's never gonna happen...

This is coming from a guy who's got 2 pairs of hi-fi speakers (one from epos another from Aqua) and a studio monitor.
My experience is that they work exactly the same, the room completely dominate over what the speakers has to offer....
living room is around 10 m^2 but has a weird shape and reflective walls,
I moved them to the TV section of my anime society room which is around 16m^2 with less reflective walls. Day and Night!

Oh and yeah our anime society room has got a few sections, one for playing mahjong, a storage area and a common area for reading manga or holding meetings
tongue.gif

May 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #112,617 of 177,744
Now that I finally have my posters framed and up on the walls I present to you.....

TYGs Gefechtsstation 2.0!

Ahh, a corner table. I need a new table and that never crossed my mind.

All that Hitsugi no Chaika talk made me want to re-post this cause she's awesome.

Her armor is even practical with not cleavage channel.

Model-wise new UT will be best of all worlds. PC-only, free (not f2p, no microtransactions), community content oriented. :-D

That does sound interesting, but it's FPS and it's competitive, two combinations which I especially suck more.

My food for the next week

I bought this stuff in bulk the other day

To make it better? Sautee some onions, garlic and some meat, add that thing to the instant **** you're ruining your body with. At least it will taste good.

No, it's stupid and dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back