「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #109,951 of 177,744
Right... so Mahou Shoujo Taisen.  Can't form an opinion in 4 minutes.  Character design is nice, OP is generic, and the sidekick is annoying as anything else I've seen before.  Seriously though... 4 minutes on the dot.  Did they spend all their budget on character design? 

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #109,952 of 177,744
finished Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara 1

Man... cant believe I couldn't see where that first death flag came from myself.....
I outta be ashamed after playing so many VNs, should've been obvious after the guy said he was gonna get married after getting that big contract.
Looks like I still have long ways to go.

as for the actual show, meh. Will keep watching for now.

Its slightly more than meh imo.

Nothing horrible yet and it moved into some interesting quick execution characterisitcs I didnt expect

Wow, even I can read that.

You are very easy to please, aren't you?

[rule]

I guess I'll just not watch 90% of this season. Not really motivated to demo all the shows.

I still have a big back-log with lots of shows  that I know, are good.

Maybe demo Girls und Panzer and unleash your inner innate German love for tanks?

Question:
What is the general demographic of folks that join the Bundschwer? In your opinion that is. I know you said it before but just making sure.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #109,953 of 177,744
  Nah, I just don't look for the same things as you when watching anime.
I hated quite a few shows that many would call a masterpiece... and vice versa.

Of course you don't. I have yet to come across two people who have the same exact taste in anime.

That's also totally fine. I really did not like Code Geass and I can't imagine ever watching Clannad.

It just sounds a bit weird to me that all you need to like a show is some lolis and a good OP/ED. That's so....broad.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #109,954 of 177,744

Preview the show. It's by big studio bones who is known for good anime. That show however is on the level of Valvrave for me.

Yeah, I've linux'd before and did quite a bit at a competition a few months back.

It's terribad.

Yeah, it didn't look all that good to me, to be honest. looked like your average shounen/mecha junk.

Then you know why Borisu wants to put a bullet in his head.

Dude, he's messing around with Linux, how could he not feel like killing himself? Bro have you ever linux'd before?

I do too, as much as I don't want to admit it.

This.
and I'm trying to actually build and run linux on a custom ARM motherboard that I made so I have to dig deep into the linux kernel and see what's going on down there then add whatever I need to make it run on my board lol.

Oh holy crap, nice! That's pretty awesome meng!

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #109,955 of 177,744
  Of course you don't. I have yet to come across two people who have the same exact taste in anime.

That's also totally fine. I really did not like Code Geass and I can't imagine ever watching Clannad.

It just sounds a bit weird to me that all you need to like a show is some lolis and a good OP/ED. That's so....broad.

I actually have a very precise specification for shows I like.... I just don't really know what it is yet....
But I'll almost definitely know if I'll like a show by watching a bit of it. lol

Akuma no Riddle 1
Looks pretty good, reminds me of Danganronpa.
I'd be much happier without the yuri though..... MC should've been a guy.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #109,956 of 177,744
Maybe demo Girls und Panzer and unleash your inner innate German love for tanks?

Question:
What is the general demographic of folks that join the Bundschwer? In your opinion that is. I know you said it before but just making sure.

Soon....

Hmmm I think the average person that joins the Bundeswehr is male, 17 years old and has a low to average level of education.
Most of them stay in the army for quiet some time afaik.
That doesn't change the fact that the Bundeswehr is more or less dying out. Less and less people join each year and the people who join are less and less qualified. There is a huge shortage of skilled workers there even though the army is paying pretty well and offers a lot of bonuses.
Germany does not like wars and therefore the Bundeswehrs reputation is not so great. Most people here think that the army is full of "hillbillies" (which is kind of true) and semi-Nazis (which is also not entirely untue).

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #109,957 of 177,744

Oh holy crap, nice! That's pretty awesome meng!

yeah... if I could actually get this thing to work sometime in the next decade or so... LOL

Even though 99% of the work has already been done for me,
without sufficient understanding I'm just sitting here looking at this huge linux source tree, wondering just what on earth is going on??

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #109,958 of 177,744
Wow, this is stupid.
Try not to facepalm :p

http://kotaku.com/wrist-slitting-doesnt-need-to-be-glamorized-1443820711/all

Apparently Kill la Kill is glamorizing slitting your wrist.
Sure.
Someone did his/her research.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #109,959 of 177,744
Knowing Gainax... stupid amounts of mahous and shoujos. Joking aside...  Probably a few explosions, nice visuals, and a horrible half-assed ending.  As hyped as I should get, I just can't.  C3 club was alright, and it certainly was better than Medaka Box, but it lacked the silliness that made Gainax what it used to be. 

Gainax is dead. The silliness that used to be Gainax is now all in Trigger. I would say Yoshinari Yoh the lead animator was Gainax's "pillar of support". Couldn't help myself with the Prince of Tennis reference.

I did not know Medaka Box was animated by Gainax. I didn't get a Gainax feel at all. I guess that's what happens when you lose your lead animator.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #109,960 of 177,744
  Wow, this is stupid.
Try not to facepalm :p

http://kotaku.com/wrist-slitting-doesnt-need-to-be-glamorized-1443820711/all

Apparently Kill la Kill is glamorizing slitting your wrist.
Sure.
Someone did his/her research.

The glove isn't slitting her wrist. I think unlocking the "key" releases pins/needles to draw her blood.

EDIT: Yep. I was right. The person updated it.

"Update: It's revealed in the third episode that the dagger-like key she slides back and forth across her wrist doesn't actually slit her wrist—it just looks like it does from an outside perspective. Rather, pulling out the key causes a needle to drop down in the glove and puncture her wrist. It's also shown in the third episode that she doesn't need to even do the slicing motion as the key can be pulled directly out. So it looks like she just does the wrist-slitting gesture for the sake of style... which is still a bit troubling."

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #109,963 of 177,744
And the Tachikomas from SAC.

O god yes!

Out of all the oreimo gifs. You post the most cringe one

I don't even...

One does not simply diss the nekomimi goddess RURI GOKOU!

On guard panda man! We shall fight... TO THE DEATH!

ME2: Calm down big guy, hatters gona hate.

But he insulted my WAIFU ME2!! MY WAIFU FOR GOD SAKE!!

I'll have you know good sir your gif slowed my iPhone 4 to a craw, making it very difficult to post, let alone scroll. Yet, me, your dearest fruend, said not a word. Why? Because I love you....

Relationships are a compromise panda. Remember that next time you decide to break my heart.

Now if I could only find someone to hug me....

Hey! A new episode of Hunter X Hunter is out, hurray!

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #109,965 of 177,744
O god yes!
I don't even...

One does not simply diss the nekomimi goddess RURI GOKOU!

On guard panda man! We shall fight... TO THE DEATH!

ME2: Calm down big guy, hatters gona hate.

But he insulted my WAIFU ME2!! MY WAIFU FOR GOD SAKE!!

I'll have you know good sir your gif slowed my iPhone 4 to a craw, making it very difficult to post, let alone scroll. Yet, me, your dearest fruend, said not a word. Why? Because I love you....

Relationships are a compromise panda. Remember that next time you decide to break my heart.

Now if I could only find someone to hug me....

Hey! A new episode of Hunter X Hunter is out, hurray!

This thread needs more Gokou gifs

Edit: My FiiO X3's came in the mail. Thanks to @bowei006, I'll be editting EVERY SINGLE IMAGE and animation!!!! ahahha! K-On! shall be written all over the place!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOXTJicNoO4&list=LLSnApYrlMabhe4bTOAga-rQ&index=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back