「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 6, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #109,666 of 177,745
  Any shows that really worth picking up this season? I am still uninterested to most of the descriptions on the shows, much generic, very boring.

Mushishi, Captain Earth, Akuma no Riddle (pending), Hanamonogatari, Jojo, Mekaku City Actors and Ping Pong
  I have a request for you guys, in a few days I'm going to do a presentation with a classmate concerning Artificial Intelligence and I'm working on the part of AI in various forms of media and if possible, can you give me a list of Anime/Manga that has strong AI elements and themes in it?

Eve no Jikan (pretty much all you need)

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #109,668 of 177,745
  Eve no Jikan (pretty much all you need)

I saw Eve no Jikan and while it is very faithful to the AI concept and the laws of robotics, I need more examples because what I'm looking for is how story tellers and the audience see AI. Do they see it as some sort of tool or service or do they see a more human aspect in it and for that I need more examples.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #109,670 of 177,745
  I have a request for you guys, in a few days I'm going to do a presentation with a classmate concerning Artificial Intelligence and I'm working on the part of AI in various forms of media and if possible, can you give me a list of Anime/Manga that has strong AI elements and themes in it?

Ergo Proxy!

Or the Sybil System from Psycho-Pass.

Oh and the robot lady from Nichijou :D

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #109,671 of 177,745
  Ergo Proxy!

Or the Sybil System from Psycho-Pass.

Oh and the robot lady from Nichijou :D

I have Ergo Proxy and Ghost in the Shell in mind.

Concerning Psycho-Pass, that's kinda hard. I can see that on the surface, it's an AI but as you know:
it's not really Artificial Intelligence but more Organic Intelligence imo.

Chobits is interesting, being an old anime it should give some interesting insight on how Japanese animation perceived AI in the early 21st century.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #109,672 of 177,745

Mega Man/Rockman series?

According to the game's franchise, in the year 20XX, robotics genius Dr. Thomas Light worked to create a humanoid robot (though in some direct translations he is referred to as a cyborg). This robot would demonstrate an advanced artificial intelligence program that would allow it to make decisions for itself based on stimulus and basic directions. He called the robot project "Robot Master", because the resulting robot would be able to supervise the work of other, less intelligent machines.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQv90TfXrI[/video]

^ hooooly sheet nostalgia!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktCSSTHmn0[/video]

^ I used to watch that show
No wonder why Aang's voice sounded familiar. It sounds similar to the voice actor for this version of Mega Man. XD

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #109,673 of 177,745
  Concerning Psycho-Pass, that's kinda hard. I can see that on the surface, it's an AI but as you know:
it's not really Artificial Intelligence but more Organic Intelligence imo.

Hmm yeah it's more of a hive mind thing.

It's basically impossible to watch Twitch streams with my stupid internet setup.
Oyasumi~

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #109,674 of 177,745
Captain Earth gives the RahXephon/xam'd feel 
biggrin.gif
 maybe put in Unicorn

maybe even evangelion to an extent... but it's only been 4 minutes.

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #109,675 of 177,745

Astroboy (and the alternate take on one of its side stories - Pluto)
Doraemon
Battle Angel Alita (not sure if this fits, it's more about a cyborg than AI)
My Name is Shingo (maybe closest to what you want)

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #109,677 of 177,745
  I guess you can get some pretty decent sushi for €25.
I know a place here that offers a sushi-all-you-can-eat for €10. I guess I don't have to explain how terrible that stuff is.

Why the **** did I stop watching this show after the second episode?
Insta-pick-back-up.

COLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

Yeah, its quite a good show. A show both Rikkun and I like
  Any shows that really worth picking up this season? I am still uninterested to most of the descriptions on the shows, much generic, very boring.

Mahouka
Still the World is Beautiful
Byrnhildr

Serial Experiments Lain
Eve no Jikan
Gundam Unicorn/Wing (psychoframe and zero system)
Halo Legends
Vexel
Chobits 
Ghost in the Shell
Saikano
Arpeggio of the Blue Steel
Suisei no Gargantia
Video Girl AI
HAL (movie)

The following are more 'organic' or synthesized forms of AI that don't revolve around computers but rather beings that are intelligent and synthetic or organic
Gungrave
Evangellion
Claymore
Eureka Seven
Akumetsu
Gantz

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #109,678 of 177,745

Astroboy (and the alternate take on one of its side stories - Pluto)
Doraemon
Battle Angel Alita (not sure if this fits, it's more about a cyborg than AI)
My Name is Shingo (maybe closest to what you want)

*** yeah Astroboy!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C48q8FIvLu4[/video]

[rule][video]http://youtu.be/j5t7LYAM8xE?t=28m47s[/video]

Interesting game. The animation cutscenes are pretty great.

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #109,679 of 177,745
*goes to Whole Foods and finds this:
~1 pound of tuna sashimi for $14

*goes to Japanese restaurant and buys $14 sashimi and receives 6 razor-thin slices of fish

Did you get some of their de-ionized water too? XD

That's why all-you-can-eat is the way to go for things like sushi. It's usually something like 25 euros around here, which is not that expensive considering that a typical three course meal would cost roughly the same if not more. (Excluding any drinks of course, those things are usually 2.50-3.50 for an 0.2l glass. Ridiculous)

Agreed.

How about Chobits and A.I. Love You

Welcome back to the thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back