「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #108,436 of 177,744
  That wasn't an argument. Just my thoughts on it.

You are building your rig, configure it and then just let it run. That sounds to me like you are printing money. In fact, it sounds a lot easier than actually printing money.

You crypto-people keep on doing your crypto-thing.
I'm very eager to see where this will end up, trust me.
Just imagine me as one of these "nobody needs internet"-chumps from back when it was invented. A lot of people said that it would die super quickly. We all know how that went.
Maybe cryptocurrencies are going to overthrow conventional ones in a few decades. No idea if that's gonna happen.
But right now I'm still very sceptical if they are still relevant in a couple of years.

Let's just leave it at that.
(╯'□')╯︵ suoıssuɔsıp ssǝʃʇuıoԀ

Yeah, same. 

I don't think it's gonna happen in the way we see everyone using Dogecoins, but in rather a hybrid transition that blurs national currencies as something digital and also physical.

Please Respect Tables
┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #108,437 of 177,744
  The man with his wagon... or vogon
wink_face.gif

Guess it might be hyped for you and others, but I've been following it for a while 
ph34r.gif

Meh, I won't know until I see how the CG is done. So far it's meh. Thought it would be old school animation b/c of the manga art

And what's your opinion on it? It sounds super generic :/
Like a best-of stuff that the masses seem to enjoy these days. It has magic, highschool stuff, harem and imouto elements and a really blant looking MC.
Highly sceptical...

It's gonna look like a PS2 game. Almost certain. I honestly don't know why they are doing this. Is this dodgy CG stuff faster and/or chaper to animate?

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #108,438 of 177,744
  Sorry, repost?

I just said I was joking about the casual scum part and one of my favorite shows is Toradora. Then I said my main problem I have with /r/anime is it is a huge echo chamber when it comes to recommendations and taste as from the graph, the biggest grouping has only seen 26-50 shows which is basically just getting through the entry level shows so most of the posts end up "just watched Cowboy Bebop/Clannad/Eva/Madoka/SAO/SnK literally best anime ever" and any dissenting opinion will be downvoted automatically. (Not that there's anything wrong with having those shows as a favorite anime)

It's shown even more in the favorite anime by shows watched section of the graph. He didn't include 200+ shows because the favorite shows were too spread out to graph decently.

It's mostly a complaint about /r/anime and the quality of discussions and why I go on /a/ compared to /r/anime.

I guess to compare it to videogames, it's like having someone new to games play Black Ops 2, Wind Waker, Deus Ex, Quake 3, Oblivion, Katawa Shoujo, Devil May Cry 2, and then Guitar Hero Smash Hits.
After 200 games and playing it within the context of the series and the industry at the time and the genre their appreciation and views of the game will be very much different.

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #108,440 of 177,744

I just said I was joking about the casual scum part and one of my favorite shows is Toradora. Then I said my main problem I have with /r/anime is it is a huge echo chamber when it comes to recommendations and taste as from the graph, the biggest grouping has only seen 26-50 shows which is basically just getting through the entry level shows so most of the posts end up "just watched Cowboy Bebop/Clannad/Eva/Madoka/SAO/SnK literally best anime ever" and any dissenting opinion will be downvoted automatically. (Not that there's anything wrong with having those shows as a favorite anime)

It's shown even more in the favorite anime by shows watched section of the graph. He didn't include 200+ shows because the favorite shows were too spread out to graph decently.

It's mostly a complaint about /r/anime and the quality of discussions and why I go on /a/ compared to /r/anime.

I guess to compare it to videogames, it's like having someone new to games play Black Ops 2, Wind Waker, Deus Ex, Quake 3, Oblivion, Katawa Shoujo, Devil May Cry 2, and then Guitar Hero Smash Hits.
After 200 games and playing it within the context of the series and the industry at the time and the genre their appreciation and views of the game will be very much different.

Yep I agree, those are the majority, but the recent episode discussion threads are funny to read through.

I sub to /r/trueanime and /r/animesuggest for this reason. Slightly better crowd there, especially in /r/trueanime.

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #108,442 of 177,744
  I'm really excited, but I never understand a word they're saying, something about doubting the devil.

On the other hand Ouji in a male uniform is so freaking moe

Text: A mother's words...
Mrs. Kanbaru: You have to be either medicine or poison. Otherwise, you're just water.
Suruga: She was the kind of mother to say that.
Suruga: Yes. If you ask me, she was a demon-like person.
Ougi: Do you know the rumor about the demon? It seems like she's a girl who's in high school.
Suruga: The demon who wanted everything, but lost everything... Might be me!
Rōka: The kind of person who goes as far as to come to the demon's own home to talk with her is someone who's 11th place out of ten people.
Suruga: Someone who has ended everything in the beginning, and holds nothing. That is me, Suruga Kanbaru. I wonder if there will come a day when I can sleep without duct tape wrapped around my arm.

:wink:

Too bad hanamonogatari is only going to be a five episode thing afaik.

Yup, PS2 game.

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #108,443 of 177,744
  Text: A mother's words...
Mrs. Kanbaru: You have to be either medicine or poison. Otherwise, you're just water.
Suruga: She was the kind of mother to say that.
Suruga: Yes. If you ask me, she was a demon-like person.
Ougi: Do you know the rumor about the demon? It seems like she's a girl who's in high school.
Suruga: The demon who wanted everything, but lost everything... Might be me!
Rōka: The kind of person who goes as far as to come to the demon's own home to talk with her is someone who's 11th place out of ten people.
Suruga: Someone who has ended everything in the beginning, and holds nothing. That is me, Suruga Kanbaru. I wonder if there will come a day when I can sleep without duct tape wrapped around my arm.

:wink:

Too bad hanamonogatari is only going to be a five episode thing afaik.

Is Hanamonogatari the last installment of the Monogatari series?

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #108,444 of 177,744
Mar 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #108,447 of 177,744
Like I said before. I use multiple news media sources. This time around, the diplomat reared its head. 

http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/north-korea-china-is-a-turncoat-and-our-enemy/

One of them just posted an article about a North Korean newspaper that has resumed calling its only ally some degrading things.

Smart Move? When looked up from the standpoint of a diplomatically unmodern nation like the DPRK, it may be one. It needs to ready its defense, party, and state for a possible betrayl of sorts from China. And at the very least, make known to the world - and to its citizens - that it isn't being rung by the nose. Even greater that it is aware of what its only official ally is doing in the world community. For the DPRK, it is a smart move internally. But externally, it brings up many instances of cracks in the walls of distrust and friendship that the two nations share. The article mentions that banners mentioning a Chinese enemy were previously hung and used in decades past. The real translation of what the banners or quote by their former leader said is unknown. The author isn't known for journalistic objectivity. 

Rant below:

The author of the article is a sensationalist ********* that can't understand objectivism even when it pops up in front of him (3/4 of the articles from the Diplomat that make me re-read the title are from him)

The article written above was fine. Only problems being that it is really unknown where it got the phrase turncoat and enemy from, and how valid the translation of it is.

For those that want to sample some of his other fine articles for The Diplomat
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/russia-is-doomed/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/us-to-test-hypersonic-missile-in-august/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/irans-top-leader-questions-holocaust/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/china-secretly-tested-an-anti-satellite-missile/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/the-us-navy-needs-161-more-ships/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/the-atheists-of-beijing/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/second-thomas-shoal-tensions-intensify/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/the-atheists-of-beijing/
http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/chinas-defense-budget-a-mixed-bag/

I originally started reading the Diplomat thanks to well informed, analyzed, and unbiased articles. But for the past year, many of its old columnist/editors just have not shown up. Now it's just another internet site that fly's a flag of double-standards as high as Fox News does. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #108,449 of 177,744
Whoa Panda, tell us how you really feel :p

Work was crap today, I crossed the line of letting too many people know I'm good at this, so now they dump the hard-to-do stuff on me. damn.

Yeah, just a rant of mine

Yeah, those are always a problem. Especially when people find out you are good at something. And especially when I find out my friends are good at something else :D

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #108,450 of 177,744
Finished two more shows last night.

Noragami 6/10; Looked nice, sounded good.... plot felt empty to me, I was actually hoping her tail would get cut off about 6 eps in. Needed to feel more dramatic/life threatening to me? A little confused on how I feel about Noragami.

Witch Craft Works 7/10; This could have been fantastic if the plot didn't feel so scattered in the mid section, imo the animation was gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back