「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #108,361 of 177,744
I saw a YouTube video recently about how the Retarddit community isn't that good because poplar ideas
Tom posted this:

Speaking of which, I was looking through the reviews on Wikipedia for Ground Zeroes and I was wondering why the Xbox 360 version had a higher score than the PS4 version.

1 review at 80% vs 32 reviews at 75% average. *facepalm*

Oh hey, I just saw this on TV.
biggrin.gif

Still waiting for MysteryGuitarMan's Coca-Cola commercial. I saw his McDonald's one a few years back.

*shudder* at long 20min videos even though I am guilty of them

Twas about to head to bed....and then Witch craft Works final ep releases....damn

Gonna head to bed anyway. WCW can wait until tomorrow. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #108,362 of 177,744
I saw a YouTube video recently about how the Retarddit community isn't that good because poplar ideas

Tom posted this:

Speaking of which, I was looking through the reviews on Wikipedia for Ground Zeroes and I was wondering why the Xbox 360 version had a higher score than the PS4 version.

1 review at 80% vs 32 reviews at 75% average. *facepalm*

[rule]
Oh hey, I just saw this on TV. :D

Still waiting for MysteryGuitarMan's Coca-Cola commercial. I saw his McDonald's one a few years back.

*shudder* at long 20min videos even though I am guilty of them

Twas about to head to bed....and then Witch craft Works final ep releases....damn

Gonna head to bed anyway. WCW can wait until tomorrow. 

I posted the video at the right spot to watch and it's like 5 minutes long. -_-

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #108,363 of 177,744
So it looks like the still frames (alot of them) in Wizard Barristers Ep 11 are due to the studio not making it on time. They decided to cut off 11 a bit to make sure 12 gets animated properly. 

This leads to the question: Why do studios animate so close to the airing date of the anime? It's like they make one episode a week. Wouldn't it be better to "finish" an anime before they aired it. Then while it airs, work on another anime. Of course there's the issue about funding timing and stuff.... but still...

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #108,365 of 177,744

Lol
Personally I would give it slightly higher score considering that from all aspects (character design, art style, character, song selection, animation quality, story etc), it has almost only pros but no cons to me. Which I think is good job.

^This. I'm only at EP10 ATM but definitely one of the better shows this/last season.

So far behind on most shows actually rawr.

Annnnnd I'm broke.

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #108,366 of 177,744
/r/anime is casual scum

Here's a poll from a while back, short version

Long version

Always good to see Angel Beats and Toradora on the list.

Noragami's story was good, but these last few episodes kinda ruined it for me. Music is awesome tho, which is a big plus for me. Overall would give 7.5/10. Mostly for music and Hiyori

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #108,367 of 177,744
I have faith in the pieces of paper that people in the USA exchange every day. After all, they say: "In God We Trust." XD

That was good :bigsmile_face:  

:)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaQYE0HljJE[/video]

/r/anime is casual scum

Here's a poll from a while back, short version

Long version

What's that supposed to imply? People here like Little Busters, Code Geass, K-ON, Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, Madoka, Gurren Lagann, Fate/Zero, Cowboy Beepop, and probably other ones in that poll that I can't read.

Oh, of course I forgot Clannad, the only logo there with plain, boring font for the logo. XD

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #108,368 of 177,744
What's that supposed to imply? People here like Little Busters, Code Geass, K-ON, Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, Madoka, Gurren Lagann, Fate/Zero, Cowboy Beepop, and probably other ones in that poll that I can't read.

Oh, of course I forgot Clannad, the only logo there with plain, boring font for the logo. XD

Stop liking things he doesn't like!

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #108,369 of 177,744
smily_headphones1.gif

It's implying you're all casual scum
very_evil_smiley.gif
But nah, just joking exaggeration, one of my favorite shows is Toradora.

My main problem with /r/anime is that it's mostly a giant echo chamber in terms of recommendations and that most of the "favorite anime" are very entry level. That's also kinda reflected in the graph as the biggest grouping of shows watched is right around 26-50 which is where watching most of the entry level shows would put you. The author even makes a note that for favorite anime by number of shows seen, he didn't include the 200+ watched category because it was too varied. As a side note I was looking back through my MAL and lol'd at how I rated Clannad and Clannad AS a 7 but I gave the OVA a 9 and have the note "best girl". I really need to finish all the other routes for the VN, I only finished Tomoyo. But I also have like 10 other VNs backlogged...

But anyways, basically the problem is, they're casual scum because they haven't watched enough anime enough to say they hate anime. That's when you know you're a true anime fan when you say you hate anime.

EDIT:

Stop liking things he doesn't like!

This too, I objectively have the best taste obviously.

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #108,371 of 177,744
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/24/run-of-bad-luck-for-mas-continues/

I'm facepalming so hard well now.... Well done MAS, well done.

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #108,373 of 177,744
I can't really imagine that the K-On vinyls are mixed/mastered different than the CD version. It's J-Pop we are talking about here :-|
But I would love to be proven wrong!

I'd like to know too. The CD version of the Studio Mix sound like they're compressed, but the Cassette Mixes intentionally sound more 'amateur' and are comparatively quieter than the Studio Mix. So if the vinyls are in fact mastered differently than the CDs, then it would make it better value instead of just more for show. 

I repaired my iPod!

This week the parts finally arrived and I today I took the time to actually repair it. Opening the iPod was a nerve breaking and took quite long, after I opened it, the rest was very easy. Funny thing is, I had those plastic opening tools, but they broke almost immediately beyond use. So then I just started prying it open with a small screw driver, and it worked surprisingly well. No visible damage to the back cover at all.

Now I finally don't have to carry my mini3 amplifier with me every time I want to listen to music.

I used these stainless steel pry tools:

Now my iPod is all dented and deformed around the sides. But at least it has a new hard drive and LCD now! The backlight was dead before, making the screen very dark and pretty much impossible to see.

No iMod for me!

K-On songs are a big reason why I paid attention to anime music in the first place. "No, thank you!" is still a favourite of mine, alongside Yoko's career. The 1st ED for SnK was pretty good.

Nice, that's form the second season, right? I haven't gotten around to finishing that yet :X

Hmm, I'm not sure about the other Technics models. I think I'd try and stick to the SL-1X00 models, I don't know much about the other models but I'm pretty sure they're belt driven? Do some researc

Did you know that the word "Thank" in "No, Thank You" contains the first letters of the band member's surnames? It may just be coincidence.

1. Tainaka Ritsu
  2. Hirasawa Yui
  3. Akiyama Mio
  4. Nakano Azusa
  5. Kotobuki Tsumugi 

Reminds me of ENOZ from Haruhi, where ENOZ consisted of the first letters of the surnames of the four band members. They were one-off characters, so I can't remember their names. ENOZ is also ZONE spelt backwards, which is a real-life band. I don't think that was coincidence.

Also, did you know that the AnoHana ED (Secret Base) is (or was originally) a ZONE song?

God Knows is a pretty catchy song, too.

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #108,374 of 177,744
I'd like to know too. The CD version of the Studio Mix sound like they're compressed, but the Cassette Mixes intentionally sound more 'amateur' and are comparatively quieter than the Studio Mix. So if the vinyls are in fact mastered differently than the CDs, then it would make it better value instead of just more for show. 

I used these stainless steel pry tools:

Now my iPod is all dented and deformed around the sides. But at least it has a new hard drive and LCD now! The backlight was dead before, making the screen very dark and pretty much impossible to see.

Did you know that the word "Thank" in "No, Thank You" contains the first letters of the band member's surnames?

• Tainaka Ritsu
  • Hirasawa Yui
  • Akiyama Mio
  • Nakano Azusa
  • Kotobuki Tsumugi 

Reminds me of ENOZ from Haruhi, where ENOZ consisted of the first letters of the surnames of the four band members. ENOZ is also ZONE spelt backwards, which is a real-life band. The AnoHana ED (Secret Base) is a ZONE song.

God Knows is a pretty catchy song, too.

SSD mod worked amazing for my old iPod. It's now ancient history for me but I still wish I had it, at least I wouldn't be look whichever way whenever a new DAP comes out.

Now everytime I thank or am thanked by anyone, I will immediately think of K-On....... I think my life just got better. THANK you. :D

http://youtu.be/esVuorzP0Z8

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #108,375 of 177,744
SSD mod worked amazing for my old iPod. It's now ancient history for me but I still wish I had it, at least I wouldn't be look whichever way whenever a new DAP comes out.

Now everytime I thank or am thanked by anyone, I will immediately think of K-On....... I think my life just got better. THANK you.
biggrin.gif

http://youtu.be/esVuorzP0Z8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back