「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 23, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #108,331 of 177,744
  If you got a credit card you can buy !? anything with amazon prime label ships everywhere....

Eh, depends on the the company. I tried to buy some *cough*pepe personal lubricant*cough* but none of their products shipped to US, luckily I found a 3rd party seller who does for only 300 yen shipping.

Also I guess I was wrong and Amazon prime doesn't carry over. Still my spending habits are probably going to go up now that I've discovered how many products actually do ship.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #108,333 of 177,744
Ah mmk. That's probably the safe way to do things.

It's only really useful for non-square matrices.

But yeah, I'm not liking what my future will hold.

I don't have much problems with it right now. Finished first in Matlab for almost all assignments I have been assigned lately but the process of how I did it just makes me scared for the future.

I was literally thrown Matlab by my teachers and told to code the first week of classes..... gave us a quick start guide that had nothing but....code in it and told to get comfy with it.

Spent the next 3 weeks smashing my head against the wall as I learned how to do the basic assingments.

I'm good with doing basic stuff (as requested by the assignments) with it now. But I seriously am gonna be smashing my head again come next semester.;

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #108,334 of 177,744
Listening to music from Tony Hawk games the whole weekend. Nostalgia hard.

Still some of the best licenced soundtracks in gaming, and not only. And arguably the best ever.
Especially THPS2.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #108,335 of 177,744
I don't have much problems with it right now. Finished first in Matlab for almost all assignments I have been assigned lately but the process of how I did it just makes me scared for the future.
I was literally thrown Matlab by my teachers and told to code the first week of classes..... gave us a quick start guide that had nothing but....code in it and told to get comfy with it.
Spent the next 3 weeks smashing my head against the wall as I learned how to do the basic assingments.
I'm good with doing basic stuff (as requested by the assignments) with it now. But I seriously am gonna be smashing my head again come next semester.;

I actually like Matlab for some reason. maybe because you can do so much dumb **** with it :)
The Matlab assignments I got where pretty easy so I fooled around with it most of the time.

Listening to music from Tony Hawk games the whole weekend. Nostalgia hard.

Still some of the best licenced soundtracks in gaming, and not only. And arguably the best ever.
Especially THPS2.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #108,336 of 177,744

I actually like Matlab for some reason. maybe because you can do so much dumb **** with it :)

The Matlab assignments I got where pretty easy so I fooled around with it most of the time.

....because the plot3, mesh, and surf commands are so awesome to play around with. XD

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #108,337 of 177,744

Also guess since I just finished this I should do a short review.

Synopsis via Manga Traders:
I"s tells the story of a high school student, Seto Ichitaka, who has had a longstanding crush on his beautiful and kind-hearted classmate, Yoshizuki Iori. When they are assigned to work together on a class committee project, Ichitaka is overjoyed - until he finds that he lacks the confidence to woo Iori. Because of his insecurities, he is gruff and occasionally appears hostile or indifferent towards her. Despite this, the pair slowly become better acquainted with each other and Ichitaka gets closer to his goal of confessing his feelings. However, each time he tries to do so, new obstacles appear, as chance, friends, lovers old and new, misunderstandings, compromising situations and, above all, Ichitaka's crippling self-doubt, get in the way of his relationship with Iori. Will problems overwhelm the couple? Will they be able to overcome their circumstances? And will Ichitaka ever be mature enough to grasp his dreams?

Review:
It's actually really good and different than how most teen drama/romance manga though. Art and character design was fantastic as always with Masakazu Katsura. Not quite on the level of Video Girl Ai but still really fantastic.

Characters themselves were really solid and believable and you could easily understand their motives. My only complaint in that area was the MC had an exaggerated "my sex drive is overriding my common sense" problem, but luckily that only really created a single major conflict I can think of. Plot was well paced and refreshingly non-cliche. The conclusion was actually fulfilling and really covered up any plot points you may have been concerned about.

Rating

Plot: 4/5
Structure is fairly generic, execution was quite fresh though

Plot Resolution: 5/5
Not much I can complain about there, everything was wrapped up well

Art: 4/5
Step down from Video Girl Ai, still great though

Ecchi: 3/5
Again, step down from Video Girl Ai in amount, but intensity was really ramped up

Characters: 4/5
Well fleshed out and believable, some of the side characters could have been explored a bit more though

Enjoyment: 5/5
It was a really fun ride and I never really felt bored with the story or felt there was too much filler.

Overall: 4/5
If you enjoy drama filled romance give it a read. Within the genre it's pretty solid.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #108,338 of 177,744

Also guess since I just finished this I should do a short review.

Synopsis via Manga Traders:
I"s tells the story of a high school student, Seto Ichitaka, who has had a longstanding crush on his beautiful and kind-hearted classmate, Yoshizuki Iori. When they are assigned to work together on a class committee project, Ichitaka is overjoyed - until he finds that he lacks the confidence to woo Iori. Because of his insecurities, he is gruff and occasionally appears hostile or indifferent towards her. Despite this, the pair slowly become better acquainted with each other and Ichitaka gets closer to his goal of confessing his feelings. However, each time he tries to do so, new obstacles appear, as chance, friends, lovers old and new, misunderstandings, compromising situations and, above all, Ichitaka's crippling self-doubt, get in the way of his relationship with Iori. Will problems overwhelm the couple? Will they be able to overcome their circumstances? And will Ichitaka ever be mature enough to grasp his dreams?

Review:
It's actually really good and different than how most teen drama/romance manga though. Art and character design was fantastic as always with Masakazu Katsura. Not quite on the level of Video Girl Ai but still really fantastic.

Characters themselves were really solid and believable and you could easily understand their motives. My only complaint in that area was the MC had an exaggerated "my sex drive is overriding my common sense" problem, but luckily that only really created a single major conflict I can think of. Plot was well paced and refreshingly non-cliche. The conclusion was actually fulfilling and really covered up any plot points you may have been concerned about.

Rating

Plot: 4/5
Structure is fairly generic, execution was quite fresh though

Plot Resolution: 5/5
Not much I can complain about there, everything was wrapped up well

Art: 4/5
Step down from Video Girl Ai, still great though

Ecchi: 3/5
Again, step down from Video Girl Ai in amount, but intensity was really ramped up

Characters: 4/5
Well fleshed out and believable, some of the side characters could have been explored a bit more though

Enjoyment: 5/5
It was a really fun ride and I never really felt bored with the story or felt there was too much filler.

Overall: 4/5
If you enjoy drama filled romance give it a read. Within the genre it's pretty solid.

Higher than I expected

I've read the manga twice and seen the anime twice. Read it recently last year as well

My overall imperial score for it would be a 6/10

Very cliche at times with many needless drama moments

Meh, I'm pretty meh with it

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #108,339 of 177,744

Don't ask me why I was actually kind of good at it.
I suck at math and I suck at programming.
Riddle me that.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #108,340 of 177,744
  Higher than I expected

I've read the manga twice and seen the anime twice. Read it recently last year as well

My overall imperial score for it would be a 6/10

Very cliche at times with many needless drama moments

Eh, well yeah, if you become frustrated at using drama to drive the plot that's understandable. My main thing was that the drama was all very fluid.

The biggest things I liked about it personally was that Itsuki left for America, and I kept expecting her to come back and force more conflicting relationships but she didn't. And eventually when the MC and Iori's relationship advanced to the actual dating point, the majority of the drama was produced from expectations and desires within the relationship and for themselves instead of outside forces. At that point Asou was the only outside love interest and that purely stemmed from his feelings of inadequacy in the relationship and not feeling deserving of his girlfriend.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #108,341 of 177,744
I need an Ethernet network switch thingamabob.
Stupid PS3 keeps losing my WiFi signal :/

Dark Souls 2 is super awesome btw.
And absolutely merciless. Boy, that is one challenging game!

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #108,342 of 177,744

K-On songs are a big reason why I paid attention to anime music in the first place. "No, thank you!" is still a favourite of mine, alongside Yoko's career. The 1st ED for SnK was pretty good.

I'll try to check out if there are any on sale here. Probably a few, but I really doubt they'll be cheap. Fingers crossed

Edit:

Found a 2nd hand, looks good but you can never tell
http://m.mudah.my/view?q=turntable+technics&so=1&ca=9_3_s&e=0&sa=&cg=0&female_subcat=&o=0&ad_id=25896597

Supposed "classic" style turntables

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2888881

Nice, that's form the second season, right? I haven't gotten around to finishing that yet :X

Hmm, I'm not sure about the other Technics models. I think I'd try and stick to the SL-1X00 models, I don't know much about the other models but I'm pretty sure they're belt driven? Do some research on the google machine before making an investment.

My Doge, what used to be worth over $120 right now, si currently only at $40 :frowning2:

Sad shibe

Maybe I'll try Vertcoin later

This is why I didn't want to bother with crypto mining.

Eh, depends on the the company. I tried to buy some *cough*pepe personal lubricant*cough* but none of their products shipped to US, luckily I found a 3rd party seller who does for only 300 yen shipping.

Also I guess I was wrong and Amazon prime doesn't carry over. Still my spending habits are probably going to go up now that I've discovered how many products actually do ship.

Huh, that looks like a pretty interesting "safety" product there! 
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #108,343 of 177,744
  Nice, that's form the second season, right? I haven't gotten around to finishing that yet :X

Hmm, I'm not sure about the other Technics models. I think I'd try and stick to the SL-1X00 models, I don't know much about the other models but I'm pretty sure they're belt driven? Do some research on the google machine before making an investment.

This is why I didn't want to bother with crypto mining.

Huh, that looks like a pretty interesting "safety" product there! 
tongue.gif

You would also need a better GPU or two to make it worth your time. Nvidia's get much less hash per cost(except GTX 750 due to low power usage) than AMD. The 8800 Nvidia's get extremely low hash numbers and so it wouldn't be good. Your CPU in this case would most likely get more hashes than your GPU which rarely happens..  Many do it just to learn and 'get into it'.

It just so happens that I had a rig that is right on the middle path of making money and for fun that I just decided to do it :/

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #108,344 of 177,744

You would also need a better GPU or two to make it worth your time. Nvidia's get much less hash per cost(except GTX 750 due to low power usage) than AMD. The 8800 Nvidia's get extremely low hash numbers and so it wouldn't be good. Your CPU in this case would most likely get more hashes than your GPU which rarely happens..  Many do it just to learn and 'get into it'.

It just so happens that I had a rig that is right on the middle path of making money and for fun that I just decided to do it :/

Oh, I know. I've tried to rationalize buying another GPU JUST for mining, but I either didn't have the money, or just couldn't be arsed to risk my money and put undue stress on my rig just to make a few quick bucks.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #108,345 of 177,744
  Oh, I know. I've tried to rationalize buying another GPU JUST for mining, but I either didn't have the money, or just couldn't be arsed to risk my money and put undue stress on my rig just to make a few quick bucks.

Yeah, right now, buying a GPU in a moderate machine that is also your main isn't a good idea if y ou are hurting a bit.

However, buying a GPU station to mine isn't a bad idea if its full time, you don't have to pay for power costs, and can cool it proplery and mind the noise. While it will take 1 year of mining to make back the money of a $1000 rig, also note that the GPU's can mostly be sold at the end of it for 3/4 the price you paid for it, OR even at the same price if you clean it and what not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back