「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #106,696 of 177,744
Just read 60 chapters of Shokugeki no Soma; all in one day.

I normally have a distaste for shounen manga, but Soma's a like the pure crack of shounen. Ohh god, I'm getting shivers from how horribly (bad) stimulating it is. BTW didn't know exquisite gourmet dining could strip people naked from their clothes.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #106,697 of 177,744
next VN i will make it this fantasy/drama for a change :3 

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #106,698 of 177,744
  Mechanicals and Topre all the way.

Don't you have a Topre? How do they compare to Cherry MXes?

Mechanical keyboards still seem to be some kind of US phenomenon. I don't know a single person in Germany who owns one. Might not have to mean much but still....

Do any of the people you know own high end desktops though?

next VN i will make it this fantasy/drama for a change :3 

Play planetarian!
Not much of a fantasy game, more sci-fi, but oh boy does it have drama!

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #106,700 of 177,744
Basically the best study music ever.
Also from Japan.
And super psychedelic ♥
Everyone keeps asking me if I take drugs because I love listening to music like this.....

Someone really needs to upload the rest of the song.....not that it is any different but...

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #106,702 of 177,744

Do any of the people you know own high end desktops though?

Oh they absolutely do.
They are CS students after all :p

Sadly, from what I can tell, some CS majors couldn't give a damn about their hardware, they're just software guys.
That makes me sad because it means less people to have interesting conversations about hardware with. :frowning2:

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #106,703 of 177,744
Play planetarian!
Not much of a fantasy game, more sci-fi, but oh boy does it have drama!

This. I agree with this 100%.

Welcome back! :)

[rule]
A new update has been detected for my MacBook: OS X 10.9.2

Me: Nope.avi
http://www.head-fi.org/t/539740/mac-os-x-music-players-alternatives-to-itunes/2010#post_10327643

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/video]

Also, this was in the classroom. :D

Epic green solar flares:

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #106,704 of 177,744
  Sadly, from what I can tell, some CS majors couldn't give a damn about their hardware, they're just software guys.
That makes me sad because it means less people to have interesting conversations about hardware with. :frowning2:

(I don't know how to multiquote with previous quotes. Some forums do it for me, not sure how to do it on headfi)

Any how. I prefer to keep my hardware specs and talk on forums. In competitive games, it's, as nicely put; e-peen when hardware is discussed...

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #106,705 of 177,744
Has anyone ever heard of this anime?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7193/Aoi_Bungaku_Series

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #106,707 of 177,744
Welcome back!
smily_headphones1.gif

It has been quite some time since I've been here...

What are some of your guys' favorite anime this season? I was surprised to find myself liking a good amount of them this time around (and yes, Tsugumi is best girl thus far).

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #106,708 of 177,744

Alright, now tell me what it really is~

I guess it's some kind of false-color image or whatever of some bacterium.

What are some of your guys' favorite anime this season? I was surprised to find myself liking a good amount of them this time around (and yes, Tsugumi is best girl thus far).

Chuunibyou2 (because it is Chuunibyou)
Tonari no Seki-kun
Nisekoi
Noragami and Wizard Baristers (kind of....so much wasted potential)

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #106,709 of 177,744
  I guess it's some kind of false-color image or whatever of some bacterium.

Chuunibyou2 (because it is Chuunibyou)
Tonari no Seki-kun
Nisekoi
Noragami and Wizard Baristers (kind of....so much wasted potential)

I've been enjoying all of those so far, but I haven't checked out Wizard Baristers. I was going to watch it after Liam recommended it on the Podcast a few weeks ago (I think you were the one who also liked TBFP). But I've been hearing that it hasn't been as good as it could of been, so I think I'm content with not watching that one.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #106,710 of 177,744

I've been enjoying all of those so far, but I haven't checked out Wizard Baristers. I was going to watch it after Liam recommended it on the Podcast a few weeks ago (I think you were the one who also liked TBFP). But I've been hearing that it hasn't been as good as it could of been, so I think I'm content with not watching that one.

The whole concept is super great but they fugged it up by making the MC not very likeable, throwing in unnecessary mech fights (yeah, that's a thing) and just generally putting in too much nonsense.
I really like the artstyle though and the quality of the animations and the CG stuff is really really high. I also love all these super nutty characters :D
They should have just made a wizard version of Law&Order. That would have been sweet!
Or call it Wizard Baristas and produce a series about wizards making coffee at Starbucks. Anime of the century.

The Sub-par Best Friends really have the best fanart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back