「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #104,866 of 177,744
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1xsx20/2013_tv_anime_sales_rankings_update_nagiasu/

2013 anime sales rankings are updated again

Infinite Stratos 2 is Fall 2013's (last season's) best seller followed closely by Kuroko no Basket before ARPEGGIO OF THE BLUE STEEL takes third overall place (yay second season?)

Gundam Build Fighters, Golden Time sadly did not do so well despite being awesome series. 

Now look at the four charts for 2013's seasons and take the top approx 6 series of each season in terms of sales (and they typically lead by a huge margin). And tell me the target market, niche that anime has cash cows in.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #104,867 of 177,744
Thanks all! Ah yes, Samurai Champloo. I enjoyed that too. I've watched more series than I can remember...should probably keep tabs on what I've watched. I've seen FMA and FMA Brotherhood too. Most of Naruto...dropped out maybe 150 episodes ago. 

Never got into Ghost in the Shell. I got through maybe 5 eps of the first season, but found it boring. 

I would watch Attack on Titan but gore is something I don’t handle well. Deadman Wonderland was almost too gorey for me, I closed my eyes at a lot of the grotesque parts. So anything with a lot of dismemberment or blood will be scrapped from my list in time!

This list should keep me busy for awhile:
Space Dandy
Busou Renkin
Kill la Kill
Gai Rei Zero
Noragami
Black Lagoon
Baccano!
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
School days *tentative based on other posts*
Hunter x Hunter

I don't know the synopsis of any of these at the time of this post, but I am gonna go check 'em out as soon as I can tonight.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #104,868 of 177,744
  Thanks all! Ah yes, Samurai Champloo. I enjoyed that too. I've watched more series than I can remember...should probably keep tabs on what I've watched. I've seen FMA and FMA Brotherhood too. Most of Naruto...dropped out maybe 150 episodes ago. 

Never got into Ghost in the Shell. I got through maybe 5 eps of the first season, but found it boring. 

I would watch Attack on Titan but gore is something I don’t handle well. Deadman Wonderland was almost too gorey for me, I closed my eyes at a lot of the grotesque parts. So anything with a lot of dismemberment or blood will be scrapped from my list in time!

Space Dandy
Busou Renkin
Kill la Kill
Gai Rei Zero
Noragami
Black Lagoon
Baccano!
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
Hunter x Hunter

I don't know the synopsis of any of these at the time of this post, but I am gonna go check 'em out as soon as I can tonight.

Gatcha, try Elfen Lied, Berserk or School Days then.  (just kidding)

You may also enjoy Sacred Blacksmith etc.

I recommend, based on shows you have liked, that you demo Psycho Pass and Busou Renkin first. Both are excellent series that are very similar to your tastes. I personally hold Busou Renkin more dear in my heart, but Psycho pass is objectively a better series in most ways.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #104,872 of 177,744
Hm, I'm browsing through Steam and I don't really understand these tag things. What's so different about this than from the old system's way of browsing games? I mean going to the games tab and clicking on a genre isn't much different is it?

Also, a recommendation for XCOM Enemy Unknown.
BUY THIS GAME IF YOU'RE NOT SOME CASUAL PEASENT!

I watch the first trailer and there's absolutely no gameplay footage. I don't know what this game is, or what it's like to play. All I saw was a CGI trailer with cutscenes. Welp I'm not buying this.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #104,873 of 177,744

How does that dock thing sound?

It sounds nice! It's quite big sound for a dock of its size. Besides the lack of stereo separation, it could easily substitute a moderately sized soundsystem. There is a bass toggle switch that is useful for listening to different genres of music. The tweeters really makes it stand out from its little brother, the DA-E670 (which has neither vacuum tubes nor tweeters.)

The inclusion of the tubes on the DA-E750 and its effect on sound is questionable, however. It does sound nice, but I think the tubes are mostly for show. Still, I like it!

Oh there's a bass toggle switch? Nice!
Yeah, who knows if the tubes actually make a difference in the sound or not, lol

Ugh. I had to re-install Windows multiple times (this is the 4th time) to (try to) get everything working again. Right now, brightness control and keyboard backlight don't work, and a message telling me to hibernate the computer because the battery is incompatible always pops up and gets in the way of everything.

I officially hate Windows 8 and 8.1 now. I wish I could get it to dual boot with Android, but nooooooo. The UEFI only loads the Windows bootloader.

You have to install the Android UEFI installer thingy over Windows I believe :/

Oh dang, that sucks!

Holy crap, nice!

How does that dock thing sound?

I think the GR07 Classic doesn't have the biocellulose driver, so I don't think it will be as good as the MK2 or MK1.

Oh noes, the female eve is gone forever D:

Heh, the female eve never existed :3

NO, SHE STILL EXISTS IN OUR KOKOROS!!!

Sigh, all this talk of getting high-end gear made me realize I should probably worry about getting a decent laptop for school before really doing any more audio upgrades.
What to get that isn't a bajillion dollars and isn't slow or cheap as heck...

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #104,874 of 177,744
@Tom Yum Goong

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/sam-harris-vs-dan-dennett-on-free-will/

Thoughts?

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #104,875 of 177,744
Hm, I'm browsing through Steam and I don't really understand these tag things. What's so different about this than from the old system's way of browsing games? I mean going to the games tab and clicking on a genre isn't much different is it?

Also, a recommendation for XCOM Enemy Unknown.
I watch the first trailer and there's absolutely no gameplay footage. I don't know what this game is, or what it's like to play. All I saw was a CGI trailer with cutscenes. Welp I'm not buying this.

Well now you can directly search for post-apocalyptic RPGs instead of having to browse through the RPG section. I think it's quiet useful (and hilarious from time to time).

XCOM Enemy Unknown is a turn based strategy game with some RPG elements. Final Fantasy Tactics with UFOs and flamethrowers :p
Maybe the best game of its kind for PC.

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #104,876 of 177,744

You don't need to tag with genres only. You can search for moddable games, games with a particular setting, games with some kind of endless gameplay mode or anything you can imagine, as long as someone will tag a few games appropriately.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #104,878 of 177,744

Space Dandy
Busou Renkin
Kill la Kill
Gai Rei Zero
Noragami
Black Lagoon
Baccano!
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
Hunter x Hunter

Yeah... dropped that pretty fast. After what I heard about it.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #104,880 of 177,744

I've always been wondering about that. How can we have true free will when God/life or whatever has a plan for everyone?
Determinism really is something I'm not to fond of. It makes life dull amd pointless IMO.
Oh and it makes people come up wih the stupidest ****.
"If this dude got killed in a car accident then it must have been his fate/Gods will"
Saying things like this is douchbag level 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back