「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 11, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #104,641 of 177,744
  Lol, we almost never use cum in america for that exact reason.

I never understood why the people here like to use the most goddam complex words they could find to express the same thing simple english could. It's ridiculous.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #104,643 of 177,744
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Curse that 4:3 ratio. Other than that, I'm pretty excited to finally get around to playing it. Good thing I have an S Pen; it makes pressing those menus much easier.

Welcome to most English translated VNs.
What phone is that?

God this is going to be annoying trying to read the small text... And why the heck does it take so long to load?

That being said, I'll probably continue playing F/SN on my phone, since stuff just got marginally interesting.

That is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, a quite fabulous phablet. It takes quite long to load, even with a phone of this spec. The port is probably not very well optimized.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #104,644 of 177,744

I never understood why the people here like to use the most goddam complex words they could find to express the same thing simple english could. It's ridiculous.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #104,647 of 177,744
And I gave up with my current KS playthrough, since there's a newer version [1] for it. ******* hell.

I may hate your guts, regardless, good luck and godspeed to you, my not-secret-anymore Santa.

Oh really? I might finally give it a try then :)

Many thanks :3

ああ!私の心!

Indeed!

I forgot to post this on Friday, but dayum was this some good sushi:

That looks like some proper sushi! The wasabi not so much.

OHMYGODYES!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for more science leaking out.

It doesn't really look like there is much science involved here. Still looks fun.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #104,649 of 177,744
  Well, then let me hear some suggestions :)

Non Non Biyori isn't bad if you are looking to watch some slice of life without romance or any strings like that involved.

Thanks!
My friends and brothers are totally cool with it (except for one friend....she is texting me on Whatsapp everyday and asks if I finally found something...).
But my mom is flipping her schiit right now. She isn't angry or anything, only afraid that I'll end up as a NEET. She has to deal with long-term unemployed people in her job and is now projecting all her bad experiences with them on me....it's just tiring.

To be fair, she probably has a point though.  I mean, it is one thing if you dropped university to go to a community college or a vocational school.  However, every one of my friends who dropped university and didn't go elsewhere has ended up as a NEET so far.

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #104,651 of 177,744
  Non Non Biyori isn't bad if you are looking to watch some slice of life without romance or any strings like that involved.

To be fair, she probably has a point though.  I mean, it is one thing if you dropped university to go to a community college or a vocational school.  However, every one of my friends who dropped university and didn't go elsewhere has ended up as a NEET so far.

That was one of my favorite shows of 2013 :)

True, but all her complaints are not really helping me that much. I would love to finally get my **** together and find something that I like.
Too bad that marks are so important here in Germany. One thing I absolutely hate about this country.
Everyone is just looking at your school certificate and dismisses you as a dumb **** without even knowing you or letting you do some kind of job trial day or whatever.
Same thing with universities etc. For example you have to be a A+ student to get into med-school. Doesn't matter how much you know about medicine or how passionate you are, if you don't have a flawless schools certificate you will never get a chance to prove yourself.
It's such a disgusting system IMO.

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #104,652 of 177,744
  That was one of my favorite shows of 2013 :)

True, but all her complaints are not really helping me that much. I would love to finally get my **** together and find something that I like.
Too bad that marks are so important here in Germany. One thing I absolutely hate about this country.
Everyone is just looking at your school certificate and dismisses you as a dumb **** without even knowing you or letting you do some kind of job trial day or whatever.
Same thing with universities etc. For example you have to be a A+ student to get into med-school. Doesn't matter how much you know about medicine or how passionate you are, if you don't have a flawless schools certificate you will never get a chance to prove yourself.
It's such a disgusting system IMO.

Thing is, it is that way in the US too, but it is worse because you pay so much more for all of it.  My cousin is going into med school, she works hard for school and hasn't had a boyfriend (at 23) and even she had a hard time getting in.  IDK, either way, even if you don't get into medicine, it would be smart to get a college degree in something.  At least here, it doesn't really matter what your grades were or what your degree were in in college, employers just want you to have one.  Days where passion alone would get you a foot in the door are long gone.  The people who are successful without degrees are all lucky business owners or artists of some sort.  I think the whole thing is sad too, but it is what we have to live with, can't much we can really do about it.  So, I guess in the end it is just better to go with it.

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #104,653 of 177,744
Cum laude is pretty common to find in school.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cum_laude

i hate that phrase.....

sis graduated w/ summa cum laude and all I could muster was cum laude.  I hate always losing to her.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back