「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #100,306 of 177,744

Mind you, I am using a 30" monitor, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

RX100 ticks all those boxes, might be a little pricey though in your neck of the woods, but it'll be more than enough to serve you for years.

Saw the mk-II at official website, seems not bad hmm.. (don't know anything about cameras orz)

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #100,307 of 177,744

Saw the mk-II at official website, seems not bad hmm.. (don't know anything about cameras orz)

To be honest, I don't think the mk-II version is worth the extra money.
The photos are a tiny bit better, you get a thingamabob for a external flash and a half-baked Wifi feature.
No, thanks.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #100,308 of 177,744
Sup guise, happy 100k / 2014!

Was wondering if anyone is following buddy complex/nobunaga the fool here? I found the pacing of nobunaga to be weird - cant explain how. Hopefully as the series progresses I'll be able to make more sense of it. Buddy Complex, waiting for more explanation to come in ep2.

Also, has anyone backed this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kissltd/project-nimbus

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #100,309 of 177,744
  Well, in this case I would go for the RX100 :3
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100-Sensor-Digital-Camera/dp/B00889ST2G/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389100000&sr=1-5

That's the one I'm using.
Check out my Flickr account for some sample images (shameless self-plug, I know)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/spreadlogic

If you wan't something more bulky with interchangeable lenses etc you might want to check out their NEX series.
Really solid cameras!
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Compact-Interchangeable-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B005IKZU8O/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389100000&sr=1-15

Still not sure if I want to mess with lens.. :/
Btw, I do welcome suggestions from other brands too! (just that Sony will be a slightly plus, Samsung will be a minus etc lol)

Few minutes into Nobunaga the Fool....
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21177/Nobunaga_the_Fool
Western? Oriental? Magic? Mecha? Historical? Futuristic? WHAT THE FUDGE? I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!

Seems so interesting to me :D
I like Satellite for such kind of stuffs. (oh Basquash..)

eek.gif

You must have good eyesight, I get fatigued pretty easily, so my room has to be well lit. My monitor has retina searing brightness at normal levels, I have to set it to 0/100 just to match my room. 
tongue.gif

Why don't you just use your computer in a well lit room, to make the bleeding less of an issue? Is it because it kinda breaks your immersion?

I actually think starring monitor in dark room to be quite eye-friendly, lights are so hard to manage..

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #100,310 of 177,744

Make sure you go to a camera store and play around with a few options. The camera chooses it's user. 
size]

If you're looking for something a little more 'serious', check out the Olympus OM-D E-M5, or the other Sony interchangeable lens cameras (I think they're renamed their model line up, so you'll have to check their site). They used to be called Sony NEX-blabla, but the new entry level one is called the Sony a5000 which just announced recently.

If you're looking to spend near 1k, I'd get something with a built in viewfinder, unless you just want a casual point and shoot style camera.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #100,311 of 177,744
  To be honest, I don't think the mk-II version is worth the extra money.
The photos are a tiny bit better, you get a thingamabob for a external flash and a half-baked Wifi feature.
No, thanks.

SG Sony site only has the mk-II...

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #100,312 of 177,744
I know nothing about camera-fi but I use a Canon Rebel Xt that was handed down to me by my step dad. It takes pictures, lol. Absoluely no clue with how it compares to newer cameras etc.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #100,313 of 177,744
  Still not sure if I want to mess with lens.. :/
Btw, I do welcome suggestions from other brands too! (just that Sony will be a slightly plus, Samsung will be a minus etc lol)

I'm also not to excited about messing with lenses. So expensive...

The Sony DSC-RX100 (mk-II) is pretty much the best compact camera. The best one for a reasonable price.
The RX1, Leica X Vario or the Fujifilm X100S are certainly better, but cost at least twice as much :/

You might also want to check out the Canon G16 and Fujifilm X20.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #100,314 of 177,744
Sup guise, happy 100k / 2014!

Was wondering if anyone is following buddy complex/nobunaga the fool here? I found the pacing of nobunaga to be weird - cant explain how. Hopefully as the series progresses I'll be able to make more sense of it. Buddy Complex, waiting for more explanation to come in ep2.

Also, has anyone backed this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kissltd/project-nimbus

Looks like Strike Suit, which IMO is pretty good. I should start playing that again. But I've funded Project Phoenix, so as another head-fier here

I know nothing about camera-fi but I use a Canon Rebel Xt that was handed down to me by my step dad. It takes pictures, lol. Absoluely no clue with how it compares to newer cameras etc.

Rebel Xt is equivalent to what in the international naming scheme?

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #100,315 of 177,744
I guess it is http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007QKN22

Mine is very used though :p I think 8 years old

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #100,317 of 177,744

Make sure you go to a camera store and play around with a few options. The camera chooses it's user. 
size]

If you're looking for something a little more 'serious', check out the Olympus OM-D E-M5, or the other Sony interchangeable lens cameras (I think they're renamed their model line up, so you'll have to check their site). They used to be called Sony NEX-blabla, but the new entry level one is called the Sony a5000 which just announced recently.

If you're looking to spend near 1k, I'd get something with a built in viewfinder, unless you just want a casual point and shoot style camera.

Sure, will try to play with the candidates before making decision.

What are the benefits of a viewfinder btw except that it doesn't consume power?

I'm also not to excited about messing with lenses. So expensive...

The Sony DSC-RX100 (mk-II) is pretty much the best compact camera. The best one for a reasonable price.
The RX1, Leica X Vario or the Fujifilm X100S are certainly better, but cost at least twice as much :/

You might also want to check out the Canon G16 and Fujifilm X20.

Oh, more choices to consider :D

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #100,318 of 177,744

Rebel Xt is equivalent to what in the international naming scheme?

Rebel XT is the Canon 350D in international naming scheme so yeah, it's a very, very old DSLR.

lol I'm getting that same "What" feeling watching both Nobunaga the Fool and Nobunagun.....

I think that Nobunaga the Fool gives a lot more "What" feeling than Nobunagun. Mechas in the Edo period? Makes total sense. Ships that fly in the stratosphere? Totally plausible. It's just total madness.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #100,320 of 177,744
The new Super Sonico anime might be the worst anime I've ever seen.

The animations are passable and the only interesting thing about Sonico is that she is not a highschool girl but in fact studying marine biology. That's a first...

Everything else about this show sucks.
I don't even know where to start....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back