「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #95,597 of 177,750

I got a pair of AKG K701s, they're huuuuuuuge : D
I don't plan on using them anytime soon since I don't have my own PC or laptop, the one I'm currently using is my Finnish flatmate's laptop, which is also why I haven't been using my graphics tablet : |
Also, I really would like to keep them nice and safe; they're the most expensive headphones I've bought to date!

Good choice!
Where did you bought them? Thomann?

0789_f236_960.jpeg

:)

I fail to see the joke here....

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #95,599 of 177,750

No wonder playing 1080p Hi10p on a Nexus 7 sounds like a load of lies and deceit, since you're using the new Nexus 7, not the same 2012 Nexus 7 that i thought (and own). That makes much more probable sense.

Even so, the iPad Air struggles with high bitrate 1080p 10-bit, and that's the fastest tablet around disregarding the ones with a proper Intel CPU.

I'm guessing it's probably just a fluke with crappy video files, I'd be absolutely staggered if it really was high bitrate stuff.

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #95,600 of 177,750
  Good choice!
Where did you bought them? Thomann?

I fail to see the joke here....

I got them from a fellow Head-Fier, was actually seriously considering Thomann before I found Head-Fi tbh haha
But the thing is that the serial number for mine is really nice, it's 7890!
In any case, they'll remain nice and safe within the box. I can't believe how immaculate and beautiful they look like, they're supposed to be, what, about half my age or something already hahaha

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #95,601 of 177,750

The new nexus 7 2013 version

Nice. My chances of buying one of those just increased.
Though I can get an Atom powered Windows 8 tablet for around $300, which would probably play video files just as well if not better.

Tell me more about these headphones :3

And why, if I may ask, are you not going to use them anytime soon?

What headphones did you get?

Did everyone see the HD650s for under $300 from Senn's website?

I got a pair of AKG K701s, they're huuuuuuuge : D
I don't plan on using them anytime soon since I don't have my own PC or laptop, the one I'm currently using is my Finnish flatmate's laptop, which is also why I haven't been using my graphics tablet : |
Also, I really would like to keep them nice and safe; they're the most expensive headphones I've bought to date!

Ooh, nice!
I remember when I had the Q701s~

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #95,602 of 177,750
  I got them from a fellow Head-Fier, was actually seriously considering Thomann before I found Head-Fi tbh haha
But the thing is that the serial number for mine is really nice, it's 7890!
In any case, they'll remain nice and safe within the box. I can't believe how immaculate and beautiful they look like, they're supposed to be, what, about half my age or something already hahaha

They're useless sitting in a box, find something to use them with ASAP! :D:D

Oh, and welcome to the thread. 
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #95,603 of 177,750

wink.gif

Thanks! Hahaha I know I should get either a PC or a laptop, everyone's been insisting I get one. I'd really rather prefer a PC, even though my parents think I'm crazy to even consider so. : |

I don't like Friday nights and weekends that much around here, people get drunk and knock on others' doors at 0400 or some time around then. Or maybe not get drunk and still do so anyway._.

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #95,604 of 177,750
Wouldn't really call it so, but whatever.
Nothing. Going from arguing about liking muscular women to philosophy sounds quite funny IMO.

Oh that. Isn't that normal on 4chan? :p
I have no idea which banned practice he is referring to.

wink.gif

+1

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #95,605 of 177,750

It depends on how much troubleshooting. The X3 sometimes has media updating problems. This is when you put songs 'too' deep or if you have too many folders in the root or even sub roots. For the most part it should be fine. Tell him to watch my usage videos. See if he likes the way the X3 handles. It's not extremely fast browsing or finding songs and the UI does have some quirks.

I usually organize my music folder like this: Music-->Artist Name-->Album Name-->Song List
It's not too deep right?

I also read that it has some niggles for IDTags. I don't know if my friend likes to keep his music library organized and clean but I take meticulous care, providing album artwork even tagging the order of the track like you do in iTunes. I want to know for files which have been completely IDTagged, will it be able to read the IDTag?
For example: I usually put my music as a whole album. Some of my flac albums don't have a .cue file and don't have a numbering order in front of the title track (e.g: xxxxxx.flac) but they are properly tagged with album artwork and track order in the IDTag. Will it preserve the order of the track or will it sort the track name alphabetically?

I also read that it has some distortion when playing .mp3 files and I want to know if it's very noticeable.

I do know that it's meant for lossless music but not all music is available in flac (though I wish it would).

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #95,606 of 177,750

I usually organize my music folder like this: Music-->Artist Name-->Album Name-->Song List
It's not too deep right?

I also read that it has some niggles for IDTags. I don't know if my friend likes to keep his music library organized and clean but I take meticulous care, providing album artwork even tagging the order of the track like you do in iTunes. I want to know for files which have been completely IDTagged, will it be able to read the IDTag?
For example: I usually put my music as a whole album. Some of my flac albums don't have a .cue file and don't have a numbering order in front of the title track (e.g: xxxxxx.flac) but they are properly tagged with album artwork and track order in the IDTag. Will it preserve the order of the track or will it sort the track name alphabetically?

I also read that it has some distortion when playing .mp3 files and I want to know if it's very noticeable.

I do know that it's meant for lossless music but not all music is available in flac (though I wish it would).

For manual or auto browse?

In categories it doesn't matter as it auto sorts but there is no artist to album in categories.

The categories do mean you don't need 100% meituclous care for it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #95,608 of 177,750
And not a single **** was given on that day:

This honestly feels like what my weekend is gonna be like.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #95,609 of 177,750
  For manual or auto browse?

In categories it doesn't matter as it auto sorts but there is no artist to album in categories.

The categories do mean you don't need 100% meituclous care for it.

Let's say for manual browsing.

If for example the music which has the track number included in the IDTag but not on the file name is stored like this: Music-/Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon/Speak to Me.flac (track 1); Breathe.flac (track 2);...;/

Will browsing on the X3 display it in track order according to the IDTag (Speak to Me.flac (track 1); Breathe.flac (track 2);...:wink: or in alphabetical order (Breathe.flac (track 2); Speak to Me.flac (track 1);...:wink: or does it order based on the track number in front of the title (e.g: 01 - Speak to Me.flac; 02 - Breathe.flac)?

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #95,610 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back