「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 4, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #149,867 of 177,744
Despite being high quality, it was never mentioned even once on my newsfeed.
Hopefully the 2nd ep would still have that quality.

So far I only read rather mediocre reviews of it. Lots of 5/10 or 6/10.

Pretty good movie.

Jup Jup!
People just can't handle anything that looks weirder than a Trigger show.
Quite sad. Artistic innovation is so important!

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #149,872 of 177,744
  I might be artistically insensitive....... but I watched half the movie and had no idea what happened......

Is that really a bad thing though?
I'm a fan of not getting spoonfed every damn detail of a story/character.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #149,876 of 177,744
Apr 4, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #149,880 of 177,744
  lol
What does poi even mean?

http://kotaku.com/animes-latest-catchphrase-leads-to-superior-trolling-1693773719

Is there a reason she keeps saying "poi"?

Excellent question. Kotaku's in-house nautical anime girl expert Toshi Nakamura, who wrote about Kancolle way back in 2013 (2013!), explains that her use of vague language is due the differences between the way many Japanese and Westerners view history.

Huh?

Okay. A little context. In Kancolle, the characters are personifications of Japanese battleships (though, there are a few German ships). So Yuudachi is the Shiyatsuyu class destroyer, Yuudachi. In the Japanese account of the ship's final battle, which is far more heroic, the ship went straight through the enemy fleet and flanked them, sinking two American vessels and disabling three more before being disabled. In the Western account, the Yuudachi torpedoed one ship and then was seriously damaged by U.S. gunfire. It was a night battle, and perhaps there was confusion. It seems the character's creators have used this uncertainty to create the "poi" catchphrase.

Re-kan 1: What...? I'm not sure what to do with this series.

Drop it.....or keep watching it.
There are really only two options.
Or you could read the manga which might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back