「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 28, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #149,461 of 177,744

Her hair is like that in the anime though, dirty blonde and super messy.

During the super scenes. I'm fine during those scenes. But normally, it is not nearly as spikey

Also noting how masteful the studio was with the coloring of her hair. They used different tones during the story as a subtle visual clue towards her lies. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #149,467 of 177,744
  Does anybody know off hand what is the lowest THD+N "high-end" headphone amplifier out there?

I think many only list THD instead poi
Did a quick check and only found a few manufacturers listing THD+N, like Auralic, Bryston, Linnenberg, Violectric, all seems good though.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #149,468 of 177,744
Probably the Chord stuff.

Hugo
THD - 1KHz 3V output: 0.0005%

I think many only list THD instead poi
Did a quick check and only found a few manufacturers listing THD+N, like Auralic, Linnenberg, Violectric, all seems good though.

Thanks, the Benchmark stuff lists the measurement bandwidth (they have a decent manual), I have no idea what the Chord Hugo was measured at.

I just wanted to see if there was any gear that performs better than my Panasonic audio analyser. I think there are DACs that might be better, but no amplifier is as far as I know.

2Vrms @ 1 kHz
THD+N = 0.00022% (30 kHz LPF, most people specify lower at 20 or 22 kHz but I don't have that option poi)
THD+N = 0.00025% (80 kHz LPF)
THD+N = 0.00037% (no BW limit but it's at 500 kHz I think)

THD = 0.00007% (80 kHz LPF)

At 20kHz fundamental the performance drops to THD+N = 0.00090% (80 kHz LPF) or so, but I'm not sure if it's just the audio oscillator or if it's the analyser section. The DAC2 performs at about -104db, which is 3-4 db better than my analyser. I think that's for the DAC section though for the Benchmark, not the amplifier.

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #149,470 of 177,744

Friend got a new mouse pad that he realized after trying it is really not comfortable for actual use.

UE office tour was lot of fun. Group was pretty big size, saw lot of neat things, learned a lot. Tried out the whole UE line up of ciem, think I liked the UE 11 best for bassy music and the urem for general listening. They raffled off a pair of prm which I didn't win by the guy who I carpooled over with won so stayed a little bit extra over there which was bad. Just playing with the whole line up was pretty great. Took a number of quick pics with my phone but it is pain to upload them on mobile so I will probably upload them when I get home.

Ciems are cool.

Otherwise afterwards hung out with AxelCloris, still hard, and moedawg140 after. Got food and then proceeded to talk audio and play with headphones for a couple of hours. Gotta get up early so bed now. CanJam is going to be a blast.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 28, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #149,471 of 177,744
  I just wanted to see if there was any gear that performs better than my Panasonic audio analyser. I think there are DACs that might be better, but no amplifier is as far as I know.

Get some of those instrument-grade op-amps I guess. :p

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #149,472 of 177,744

Get some of those instrument-grade op-amps I guess. :p

I've had a brief look at diyaudio and I still didn't find anything. 
tongue.gif

Lowest I've seen is around 0.00035% or so. I guess I now have confidence measuring any audio amplifier, well, for THD+N at least.

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #149,473 of 177,744

Thanks, the Benchmark stuff lists the measurement bandwidth (they have a decent manual), I have no idea what the Chord Hugo was measured at.

2Vrms @ 1 kHz
THD+N = 0.00022% (30 kHz LPF, most people specify lower at 20 or 22 kHz but I don't have that option poi)
THD+N = 0.00025% (80 kHz LPF)
THD+N = 0.00037% (no BW limit but it's at 500 kHz I think)

THD = 0.00007% (80 kHz LPF)

At 20kHz fundamental the performance drops to THD+N = 0.00090% (80 kHz LPF) or so, but I'm not sure if it's just the audio oscillator or if it's the analyser section. The DAC2 performs at about -104db, which is 3-4 db better than my analyser. I think that's for the DAC section though for the Benchmark, not the amplifier.

Ah Benchmark...
Btw the manual only has an easy 11k/12k graph for IMD, instead of the more common 19k/20k or 60/7k ones :/

Three zeros after decimal point is pretty safe for measuring amps I think, haven't seen an commercial amp listing more than 2 zeros..

Soooo pretty. Too bad the price is nuts

Nah, your 'love' is not enough poi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back