「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 7, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #147,766 of 177,747
  It's really happening?!
What's next? Punpun?
Madness.

Anime for punpun?

Really dont think they should

SSY was a glorious example of a low budget 'why not try' for more serious anime watchers from a legit studio. They never expected to make much money off of it and most of these shows dont.

Punpun anime would thus be fairly low budgeted and made mainly as another half-hearted way/decision from the 'above' to see if serious anime is profitable. And unsurprisingly again, when you don't actually fund a 'test case show', it will fail or fullfill/be positive perception feedback to the 'people up above'.

The manga was glorious, keep it glorious

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #147,767 of 177,747
  Anime for punpun?

Really dont think they should

SSY was a glorious example of a low budget 'why not try' for more serious anime watchers from a legit studio. They never expected to make much money off of it and most of these shows dont.

Punpun anime would thus be fairly low budgeted and made mainly as another half-hearted way/decision from the 'above' to see if serious anime is profitable. And unsurprisingly again, when you don't actually fund a 'test case show', it will fail or fullfill/be positive perception feedback to the 'people up above'.

The manga was glorious, keep it glorious

I too think that they should never make a Punpun anime.
It's just that an OPM anime adaptation was equally unlikely to happen....until now.

The new SSY manga is cancer. Trash of the highest degree.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #147,768 of 177,747
  I too think that they should never make a Punpun anime.
It's just that an OPM anime adaptation was equally unlikely to happen....until now.

The new SSY manga is cancer. Trash of the highest degree.

OPM is comedy with a lot of over-the-top battles and effects mixed in. It's not deep, and it's not hard to script. Of course it's going to get an anime.

profit yo

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #147,769 of 177,747

OPM is comedy with a lot of over-the-top battles and effects mixed in. It's not deep, and it's not hard to script. Of course it's going to get an anime.

profit yo

Well, it has been running for over six years now and despite its big fanbase nobody ever talked about an anime adaptation.
That's what's throwing me off. If it hasn't been adapted by now, why would it ever be?

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #147,770 of 177,747
  Well, it has been running for over six years now and despite its big fanbase nobody ever talked about an anime adaptation.
That's what's throwing me off. If it hasn't been adapted by now, why would it ever be?

Mostly because there's nothing to animate. The chapters are short, and are even shorter in substance when it's the same scene in 3 different angles, each taking up a page.

Even as just a 12 Episode season, I'd expect some fillers nearing the end.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #147,771 of 177,747
  Mostly because there's nothing to animate. The chapters are short, and are even shorter in substance when it's the same since in 3 different angles, each taking up a page.

Even as just a 12 Episode season, I'd expect some fillers nearing the end.

Pfff just make it a 7 minute show or maybe 15 minute Cromartie length.

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #147,777 of 177,747
I was capturing the laughter and pain on which my enjoyment of the show is standing on. That baseball should win an award for best supporting actor.

"Wendy. Yes John. I would like to buy a vowel. Go ahead. Is it a threat. That's not a vowel. That's not what I asked. It's also not what you claimed. I would like to guess the word. Your turn is over. What is T. John. Yes. There are 12 boxes on the board. Double T's. I will kill you. I knew it was a threat.

The color red tells this tails ending quite well, crimson red to be exact."
-baseball

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #147,779 of 177,747
Meh, no like recent two episodes of Death Parade. 人間なめすぎっぽい :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back