「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 4, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #145,621 of 177,750
So uh... Did anything of note emerge from the hours long Atlus live conference?

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #145,623 of 177,750
Ah no wonder. I'm REALLY hoping for SOMETHING pertaining to P5 gameplay. I don't care about some wacky anime short, I wanna see the in game visuals! Still wondering whether they made it with Gamebryo (which is what they used for Catherine) or whether they developed their own engine. Given the cost of engine development, I'm assuming they opted for a middleware solution 

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #145,624 of 177,750
Fun fact : if a fantasy anime starts with an S and has 'no' in its title, it's most likely haremschiit

Uh-oh, the full moon has vanished from my view. Time to sleep then

First one that comes to mind is Sora no Woto. Not a harem.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda, Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Shingeki no Kyojin, Soukou no Strain, Suisei no Gargantia, your theory seems to be full of holes!

Popularity contest for iDOM@STER Cinderella Girls:
BUfKDbE.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dat Loli vote doe.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #145,625 of 177,750
  Ah no wonder. I'm REALLY hoping for SOMETHING pertaining to P5 gameplay. I don't care about some wacky anime short, I wanna see the in game visuals! Still wondering whether they made it with Gamebryo (which is what they used for Catherine) or whether they developed their own engine. Given the cost of engine development, I'm assuming they opted for a middleware solution 

I think it's totally possible that we will get to see some gameplay. Might only be some dumb 10 second teaser though.
Gamebryo engine and PS4 exclusive? Hmmm yeah could be the case. Sega isn't exactly swimming in money nowadays.
This game is going to be a system seller no matter how it looks.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #145,626 of 177,750
  Hasn't even started yet.
http://p-ch.jp/live/

It's the site for the concert. There were some short streams already for things like fan vote for favorite Persona 4 characters etc. Will be more of them until the concert starts.

So far the only announcement was the full theme song for Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

A great post about the stream: with schedule, countdowns, Twitch restreams etc.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985310

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #145,627 of 177,750
  I think it's totally possible that we will get to see some gameplay. Might only be some dumb 10 second teaser though.
Gamebryo engine and PS4 exclusive? Hmmm yeah could be the case. Sega isn't exactly swimming in money nowadays.
This game is going to be a system seller no matter how it looks.

I don't think it's PS4 exclusive. Wouldn't make sense given the install base. The PS4 version should enjoy some resolution perks though. Also don't think it'll be a system seller, as even though Persona is Atlus' highest performing title, it is still very much so a niche title, moreso when you consider that the Japanese RPG market has really contracted in recent years and doesn't enjoy the success it once did. Really hoping for a proper 1 minute trailer at least. It's mind boggling that it's been in development for this long and there's virtually no media of it aside from a few pieces of promo art and that super vague anime trailer 

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #145,628 of 177,750

Oh and speaking of wallets, what do you guys do with all your RFID cards? I've got a ton of em', some for electronic door locks, some for member identification, some for payment. Each time I need them, I take out my stack of cards and start looking for the right one.

Put them in my wallet. Swipe with whole wallet.

"16th time's the charm"

Popularity contest for iDOM@STER Cinderella Girls:
BUfKDbE.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That'd probably be what I'd vote for, too.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #145,629 of 177,750

I don't think it's PS4 exclusive. Wouldn't make sense given the install base. The PS4 version should enjoy some resolution perks though. Also don't think it'll be a system seller, as even though Persona is Atlus' highest performing title, it is still very much so a niche title, moreso when you consider that the Japanese RPG market has really contracted in recent years and doesn't enjoy the success it once did. Really hoping for a proper 1 minute trailer at least. It's mind boggling that it's been in development for this long and there's virtually no media of it aside from a few pieces of promo art and that super vague anime trailer 

You are right, it's not exclusive. Why the hell did I sell my PS3? :'(
Niche? I thought the Persona love is strong over in Japan. Hmmmm...

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #145,630 of 177,750
Palaver palaver.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48308657

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48451546
I'll finish the show if she keeps these glasses on.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48536746

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #145,631 of 177,750
  You are right, it's not exclusive. Why the hell did I sell my PS3? :'(
Niche? I thought the Persona love is strong over in Japan. Hmmmm...

North America  
Persona 4 (PS2) – 110,000 (150,000 expected)    
 Japan  
Persona 4* (PS2) – 300,000 (180,000 expected)    

Given the worldwide install base of over 100+ million... LOL. It's very niche in the West. It's a niche title in Japan as well, but given that even FF doesn't sell nearly what it once did it's probably more a sign of the times. It's nice that they beat their forecast by roughly double, but it's lead to a lot of milking and weird spin offs (Dancing All Night What?)

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #145,632 of 177,750
  http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48451546
I'll finish the show if she keeps these glasses on.

Sadly, she only has them for a moment in one episode. :frowning2:

Oh BTW, if someone didn't check the NeoGAF post I linked, there's a restream:
http://twitch.tv/pepsimangb
Just the countdown ATM, but it starts in less than 1 1/2 hour.

Actually, there's a WIP translation of a SMT documentary playing now. Cool surprise by the restreamer.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #145,633 of 177,750
  that feel when not illegal

Maya best girl!!

dayum

those are the schitty ones I avoided on purpose

crisis averted

Best shows this season:
Absolute Duo because Julie
Dog Days'' because Noir/Yukikaze
Isuca because Sakuya
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir because Mitsuki
 Seiken Tsukai no World Break because Maya
Shinmai Maou no Testament because Yuki

Great season :D

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #145,635 of 177,750
  Maya best girl!!

Best shows this season:
Absolute Duo because Julie
Dog Days'' because Noir/Yukikaze
Isuca because Sakuya
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir because Mitsuki
 Seiken Tsukai no World Break because Maya
Shinmai Maou no Testament because Yuki

Great season :D

Holy harem loving list of wow

You are watching all of that?

*clap..*

I took one look at them and pulled a yao ming face before dropping any series that is a harem like such. 

I used to have membership but dayum, you get the presidents position for the fanclub borisu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back