「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 29, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #131,987 of 177,750
I don't even like Yanaginagi that much... >.>

Hmm her voice in the songs I hear seems pretty nice...

Anyway I think i need to set a budget for AFA... It drains my money like crazy...

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #131,988 of 177,750
When I first heard her, I was wondering how the heck is she so popular. XD

Then I put a few songs on repeat and it sorta stuck to me. Now she's in my library.

There was an auction up on Yahoo Japan for most of her old discography, it had around 25 CDs, and at that time I already had around 18 of those. This was before she did anisongs, so it was a few years ago at least, and she was relatively unknown.

The auction ended at $500 which I thought was waaaay to rich for my blood, so I didn't bid on it.

To this day I still wonder whether it was okay to let it go, because those CDs are priceless now and impossible to find. Then again, I don't really like it when people profit like that off used CDs which was the main reasons I didn't bid.

I regret not bidding... 
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #131,989 of 177,750
Hmm her voice in the songs I hear seems pretty nice...

Anyway I think i need to set a budget for AFA... It drains my money like crazy...

You planning to go for all 3 days? VIP is crazy expensive, not to mention food and drink, so I'm going with either 3 day standard or basic. Depending on how I feel about buying more merch during the event when ticket sales opens.

Yeah, I'm random like that

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #131,990 of 177,750

I've never even heard of someone trying to outlaw a language before!

You can outlaw anything for political interests

The sad reality.

Hopefully the White House will have some sort of intervention in this.

You know they want to outlaw the use of Cantonese as well?

I'm still at Chapter 25 since last year...for some reason I don't feel like playing Fire Emblem anymore.

I don't regularly keep up with the latest news in HK, but that protest is pretty major news. I was surprised to hear it pop up in the local news since they rarely cover Asian events here (except for natural disasters), despite the large Chinese population here oddly enough.
*** that regulation though! Long live Cantonese!
370c89b1ce4d10011d0b1599c9c9054c.gif

Shake my head, I can't believe they're doing something like that... : (

Yeah, Fire Emblem takes a lot of patience to get through the whole game. I have yet to finish Fire Emblem Awakening because I keep changing classes and wanting to get different skills for the children. I could probably easily fly through the story levels though since most of my units are really over-powered and can basically wipe out enemies in 1 attack sequence when paired with another unit. I do miss the old system though where pairing units are dependent on certain factors and stats are decreased because of the extra person. In FE: A, the opposite happens: you can pair any unit together and they gain stat bonuses.

It may as well be the Tiananmen protests of the present day. It's a good thing there's so much media coverage, or else something as bad, if not worse, than the June 4th incident could easily happen.

The so-called president of PRC, Xi Jinping, is the biggest hypocrite ever. His name is 習近平, but his surname "習" should be written as "习" in Simplified Chinese. Check out his signature though:

109px-Xi_Jinping_sign.svg.png

Traitor.

One character dies, restart the chapter. Do you do that too?

I hope Cantonese doesnt die out...... I dont even know mandarin :p 

Cantonese is virtually one the only remains of true classical Chinese, so the Chinese government should preserve it like an endangered species, not eradicate it like a pest.

Here's mine.

And that's when another device is streaming video.

Here is mine.

...and here's mine
3794875126.png

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #131,991 of 177,750
Ran mine again... Yupp... Canadian internet sucks floppy donkey d*@!

Ryerson University begs to differ (this is on wifi)

Washington of University Counters!

Mine is 40down/3up/17ms most of the time lol, The extremely slow up speed in Canada is just dumb.

Currently enjoying japanese ASMR... Doesn't give me tingles though. American female voices have a low resonating voice that sounds just right.
I would have preferred if this started with left channel.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24474939

A lot of japanese ASMR videos feature ear cleaning. Pls, I get enough of ear rape with my ER4S.

WHAT, IS SHE, NOOO PLS, STOP SUCKING ON MY EAARRR, WHYYYYY. Did she ask if- "Kimochi?" NO!!!
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24046745

Zero no Tsukaima also offers binaural recordings

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #131,992 of 177,750
There was an auction up on Yahoo Japan for most of her old discography, it had around 25 CDs, and at that time I already had around 18 of those. This was before she did anisongs, so it was a few years ago at least, and she was relatively unknown.

The auction ended at $500 which I thought was waaaay to rich for my blood, so I didn't bid on it.

To this day I still wonder whether it was okay to let it go, because those CDs are priceless now and impossible to find. Then again, I don't really like it when people profit like that off used CDs which was the main reasons I didn't bid.

I regret not bidding... :frowning2:

Holy crap that's a lot of money. Considering this was before she made it big, the albums probably only costed the seller a fraction of that.

I wouldn't bid for used CDs if it costs more than retail. If it was unopened and mint, then that's a whole new ballgame

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #131,994 of 177,750
You planning to go for all 3 days? VIP is crazy expensive, not to mention food and drink, so I'm going with either 3 day standard or basic. Depending on how I feel about buying more merch during the event when ticket sales opens.

Yeah, I'm random like that

I'd never go without VIP ticket again =_=
Ugh booking war @ this wed afternoon orz...

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #131,995 of 177,750
I'd never go without VIP ticket again =_=
Ugh booking war @ this wed afternoon orz...

Lol. Good luck with that, noon 1st Oct, I'd assume a ton of people will want them. Either to re-sell or just for the discount, which is pretty big(about 10%)

Also. Did they change the pricing on the basic 3 day package? I'm seeing it as S$248 which is the same as the Standard. Wut

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #131,996 of 177,750
Sep 29, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #131,997 of 177,750
Holy crap that's a lot of money. Considering this was before she made it big, the albums probably only costed the seller a fraction of that.

I wouldn't bid for used CDs if it costs more than retail. If it was unopened and mint, then that's a whole new ballgame

Yep, doujin CDs tend to be pretty cheap, most of them were probably around the $10 mark, if not less. There'd be something like a 30% commission on top of the closing price too, waaay to expensive and irrational eh?

I remember seeing just one of those rare CDs go for $400 a year or two later. =P

This was one of the songs on that rare CD, I think quite a few people linked that video on 2ch, she caught wind of it and decided to upload a higher quality version on her site. Oh well, at least there was a happy ending. 
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #131,998 of 177,750
Shin Ramyun vs. Nissin Demae Ramen. Which is best noodle?
KfheAiY.jpg
AsKGdoQ.jpg

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #131,999 of 177,750

Yep, doujin CDs tend to be pretty cheap, most of them were probably around the $10 mark, if not less. There'd be something like a 30% commission on top of the closing price too, waaay to expensive and irrational eh?

I remember seeing just one of those rare CDs go for $400 a year or two later. =P

This was one of the songs on that rare CD, I think quite a few people linked that video on 2ch, she caught wind of it and decided to upload a higher quality version on her site. Oh well, at least there was a happy ending. 
tongue.gif

Holy omgwtfbbq. Hella expensive.

Thanks for the song hehe

He is the man! Hmmm I guess it wasn't you then....

You bet he is! Clearly not!

What is with all of the über fast internet speeds 
mad.gif

Think I'm slowly getting back into anime again... just works better for me if I can marathon something unless the show is that interesting or if it becomes a habit of watching but is ok'ish

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #132,000 of 177,750

It may as well be the Tiananmen protests of the present day. It's a good thing there's so much media coverage, or else something as bad, if not worse, than the June 4th incident could easily happen.

The so-called president of PRC, Xi Jinping, is the biggest hypocrite ever. His name is 習近平, but his surname "習" should be written as "习" in Simplified Chinese. Check out his signature though:

109px-Xi_Jinping_sign.svg.png

Traitor.

One character dies, restart the chapter. Do you do that too?

Cantonese is virtually one the only remains of true classical Chinese, so the Chinese government should preserve it like an endangered species, not eradicate it like a pest.

...and here's mine
3794875126.png

Seems like telstra isnt having a good day today....... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back