「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #117,886 of 177,750
Original was better, goodbye 100¥, you could have helped me buy music instead :pensive:

Character build up was weak, I felt very little connection to the characters that died and their interactions with one another were very thin, just to mention some problems I had with this movie.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #117,887 of 177,750
  Hey, I saw you in the metal thread earlier. I'm going to share a list of tons of metal bands I like soon, and probably a playlist featuring my favorite song in every metal sub-genre I can imagine too.

Feel free to do so!
beerchug.gif

Eight Dollar grape juice (juice, not wine)....quiet something ^o^

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #117,888 of 177,750
Edit: oh you're talkin bout ASM. The original Raimi Spidey was better

+1

[video]http://youtu.be/lMZgFVC79ek[/video]

I enjoyed this MV more then the ASM movie and I can't even understand most of what he's saying...

I sure am. Reminds me a lot of Borderlands and I love Borderlands ♥

I liked borderlands, interacting with the characters was always a treat. Gameplay wise, bullet sponges.. as far as the eye could see. The loot management system could have also been better, cleaning house was a pita. I purchased it during a Onlive sale and sunk some good hours in the end. I haven't played the newest one but hopefully enemy AI got a boost. Halo did AI better and hopefully Destiny will kick it up a notch. Oculus support... crossing fingers!

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #117,889 of 177,750
I liked borderlands, interacting with the characters was always a treat. Gameplay wise, bullet sponges.. as far as the eye could see. The loot management system could have also been better, cleaning house was a pita. I purchased it during a Onlive sale and sunk some good hours in the end. I haven't played the newest one but hopefully enemy AI got a boost. Halo did AI better and hopefully Destiny will kick it up a notch.

As if :p
This game is basically the FPS version of Diablo. What kind of AI do you expect?
Okay the AI improved a little bit.

Nevertheless, Borderlands 2 is a loooot better than the first one.

You know what? I don't really like the artstyle of Destiny. It's a bit too clean and boring to me :|

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #117,890 of 177,750
Reading Lone Wolf and Cub (Kozure Ogami) lately. Pretty good, though the superhuman strength of the protagonist still annoys me. Luckily the incredible art style makes up for it. The historical detail poured into the manga is also really interesting.

Anyone got any more stuff like this? I'm looking for works similar to:
Pluto/20th Century Boys/Monster
JoJo (in particular the later parts)
Akira
Vinland Saga
Vagabond
Kozure Ogami

In short, long sagas without too much shounen BS and featuring a realistic art style. (not the immersion-breaking bland art style of many comic manga)
I still have to read Berserk, so that's one thing.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #117,891 of 177,750
That would mainly be because you'd get something pretty gross if you'd combine all puddings.

Also, I haven't heard of tapioca pudding. But I imagine it tastes somewhere along the lines of semolina pudding and rice pudding.
I was planning to play it sometime, but I never got around to it.
The only Legend of Zelda games I have played are The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Clever! Tapioca pudding tastes sort of like vanilla and rice pudding, but better, in my opinion. (I've never heard of semolina.)

Play EarthBound at least once in your life! It's a unique RPG experience and can be beaten in 6-20 hours.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to play all the Zelda games someday.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #117,892 of 177,750
Clever! Tapioca pudding tastes sort of like vanilla and rice pudding, but better, in my opinion. (I've never heard of semolina.)

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to play all the Zelda games someday.

Semolina is a European thing. Though I have to admit I had to look up the English name -- only heard of it in Dutch.

I haven't played all the Zelda games either. Haven't played Links Awakening, Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds yet.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #117,893 of 177,750
Semolina is a European thing. Though I have to admit I had to look up the English name -- only heard of it in Dutch.

I haven't played all the Zelda games either. Haven't played Links Awakening, Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds yet.

Skyward Sword is extremely fun and adventurous! Much better control with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk than Twilight Princess.

This is my favorite track from its (sadly, unreleased) soundtrack:

I could listen to this song all day...

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #117,894 of 177,750
Skyward Sword is extremely fun and adventurous! Much better control with the Wii Remote than Twilight Princess.

Maybe I'll play it when I'm back from vacation. (I'll be going to Scotland on Friday for two weeks, it's kind annoying the have such a break in a marathon)

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #117,896 of 177,750

I saw an ad for the Samsung Galaxy S5 gold edition...while watching anime on Crackle. XD

The gold edition - known by some as the Band-Aid edition for some reason:

I think Samsung was going for (and it bears more resemblance to) the automobile leather seats look, dimpled for added breathability:

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #117,897 of 177,750
  The gold edition - known by some as the Band-Aid edition for some reason:

I think Samsung was going for (and it bears more resemblance to) the automobile leather seats look, dimpled for added breathability:

An astute observation. I just noticed that your avatar looks sort of like Shion from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. (I know it's not.)

I also tried translating your sig with Google Translate and got "Welcome back, my master! ... Or? For a bath and or? Would you like rice. Were. Tooth?" lol

Reminds me of this from the Rosario + Vampire manga:

Backstory: Kurumu Kurono (a virgin succubus who acts slutty, and the favorite character of myself and the creator) accidentally used her "love charm" on Tsukune Aono (the main male character) and decided to borrow him for a while and play house while he was hypnotized.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Rosario + Vampire isn't just cutesy stuff like this. The manga also contains some of the most gory, freaky violence out there.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #117,898 of 177,750

For those of you who aren't familiar, Rosario + Vampire isn't just cutesy stuff like this. The manga also contains some of the most gory, freaky violence out there.

Still a close the doors/don't let your friends see you read type of manga though XD..Lot's of opportunities for people to misunderstand.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #117,899 of 177,750
Reading Lone Wolf and Cub (Kozure Ogami) lately. Pretty good, though the superhuman strength of the protagonist still annoys me. Luckily the incredible art style makes up for it. The historical detail poured into the manga is also really interesting.

Oh I watched the black and white live-action TV series! Great great stuff.

The worst kind of violence....

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #117,900 of 177,750
  Still a close the doors/don't let your friends see you read type of manga though XD..Lot's of opportunities for people to misunderstand.

I enjoyed it so much that I don't care about being judged for it. I know what you mean, though.

The worst kind of violence....

Care to elaborate? Not sure if you're generalizing or read through the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back