「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #117,871 of 177,750
Ah, yeah that's a pain in the butt to deal with unfortunately. I have my Wii and virtual Wii in the Wii U softmodded with the Homebrew Channel, so I can at least copy saved game data from my Wii to the Wii U without erasing it like it would during the normal Wii-Wii U transfer. That's one of the reasons why I don't like digital game downloads: compatibility issues in the future. :/

I still have my Wii to play GameCube games. Whee for Tales of Symphonia!

As for posts, I don't know of any other way apart from the traditional method. I tend to go back to my subscriptions page after I post and sometimes a new post is made in another thread and I check it then. XD

That's why I like the way Sony does it. Everything is available in your account to download to multiple devices.

The "everything everywhere" philosophy of the PS4 is exciting. I can't wait for all PlayStation games (PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, PS4) to be playable on the two newest systems, if all goes according to plan. ...Though I'm not sure if they would ever actually release all those games in digital format.

I have the newer Wii, so can't insert GameCube discs...but I also have a GameCube. I have the Homebrew Channel installed. Is there a way to back up downloaded games with it without needing another console nearby?

I check subscriptions frequently...but once you have thousands of posts under your belt, isn't it overwhelming to keep up?

Posts count ≠ subscription count, and I only subscribe to a certain few threads. This thread for example moves very fast compared to others and I tend to post here often. XD

Ah those newer Wiis. >.>
I don't know if you can backup downloaded Wii Shop games unfortunately.

Only handheld I'm interested in is the 3DS currently. Persona Q, Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon and them JRPGs. Would probably keep me occupied for awhile until the triple A PC titles start showing up

How about Shin Megami Tensei IV? It's on sale right now for $20 at Amazon, which is the lowest price for it.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-IV-Nintendo-3DS/product/B00C1ZBFTW
^ well that was a fail...it's back to $30 now -_-

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #117,872 of 177,750
Posts count ≠ subscription count, and I only subscribe to a certain few threads. This thread for example moves very fast compared to others and I tend to post here often. XD

I guess changing the default subscription frequency to "don't subscribe" (didn't think to do this until now), only subscribing to threads I am especially interested in, and hoping that people quote me in their replies (newbies don't bother half the time!) is the way to go about it.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #117,873 of 177,750
There was a discussion in the chat that Ruri isn't considered Moe :frowning2:

Yeah, I thought as much. It was just an excuse to post those GIFs!

Just got the Galaxy S4 Black Edition! Dat Note 3 leather back styling. Too bad the phone can't take pictures of itself. In the meantime, I'm just gonna install a Google Play Edition ROM onto it.

Black Edition>non-Black Edition

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #117,874 of 177,750
How about Shin Megami Tensei IV? It's on sale right now for $20 at Amazon, which is the lowest price for it.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-IV-Nintendo-3DS/product/B00C1ZBFTW
^ well that was a fail...it's back to $30 now -_-

I don't but games from amazon as even if it's cheap, the shipping would be way too much to justify it.

Never got into much of the SMT franchise. Persona 2 for example was fairly deep in terms of story, but I hated the mechanics and gameplay, Baroque was an absolute disaster

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #117,875 of 177,750
Only handheld I'm interested in is the 3DS currently. Persona Q, Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon and them JRPGs. Would probably keep me occupied for awhile until the triple A PC titles start showing up

Would you be interested in Destiny if it came out on PC? Have you seen gamplay videos?

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #117,876 of 177,750
The newest spider man movie was up for a 100¥ rental on iTunes JP. I don't rent many movies on iTunes(anywhere really) and got hit with a 4.6GB download. Needless to say my iPhone 4 did not have enough available memory. I was thinking it would stream but o well. I deleted mucho stuff to watch u spiderman, don't disappoint kay...

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #117,877 of 177,750
Would you be interested in Destiny if it came out on PC? Have you seen gamplay videos?

I would if it they polished it up before release. Right now it looks like a MMO/FPS hybrid, Halo-ish elements are fine, but Borderlands gameplay is pretty subpar for me

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #117,878 of 177,750
ASM2 had an awful script, but it had some real solid performances. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have great chemistry (no surprise given that they're a couple) and the big climax was handled surprisingly well. I wish Orci and Kurtzman would be ejected into space, especially since they're rumored to be attached to the upcoming Locke & Key trilogy which is one of my all time fave comics

Edit: oh you're talkin bout ASM. The original Raimi Spidey was better

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #117,883 of 177,750

The 3DS has a lot of very good games! Sells like hot cake in Nippon land.
Right now I don't have a single 3DS game....sold all of them.
But I'm eagerly waiting for Persona Q, Pokemon and MH4!

Haven't had much time for gaming lately. I wonder if the 3DS XL degrades the image quality with its larger screen.

Kind of :|

I sure am. Reminds me a lot of Borderlands and I love Borderlands ♥

Black Edition is best edition

Really sexy!

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #117,885 of 177,750
OMG, tapioca is better than all other puddings combined! I couldn't believe a few friends in other countries had never even heard of it.

That would mainly be because you'd get something pretty gross if you'd combine all puddings.

Also, I haven't heard of tapioca pudding. But I imagine it tastes somewhere along the lines of semolina pudding and rice pudding.

In that case...who likes EarthBound? It's my second favorite video game of all time.

I was planning to play it sometime, but I never got around to it.

I got that as a kid but eventually lost the box and guide and sold the cartridge. The complete box set sells on eBay for thousands of dollars nowadays.

The only Legend Of Zelda games I have played are A Link To The Past (SNES, GBA), Ocarina Of Time (N64), Majora's Mask (N64), Ocarina Of Time 3D (N3DS), Twilight Princess (Wii), and Skyward Sword (Wii).

The only Legend of Zelda games I have played are The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back