「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #116,086 of 177,750
I could order one and ship it to your place :p

Are you serious (O_O). You're sticking your tongue out at me so hard to tell if it's a actual possibility. How much you think we are talking in shipping?

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #116,088 of 177,750
No posts for 6 hours, what is this madness?

This, I kept refreshing HF throughout the night......

Lol!!! You should have at least posted something!

Jobs and stuff.

Fair enough, that's what I've been busy with too.

Mhmm for sure. I'll also be receiving a pair of AKG K240 Monitor headphones tomorrow, so I wonder how the 450 will fare with a 600-ohm headphone.

Looks so nice :rolleyes:
why not get the early vers.?

What earlier version? There's the K240 Sextet and the K240 DF before the K240 Monitor. XD
I got this model in particular because it came with the original box and it was well-cleaned before shipping; and gold/black > silver/black to me. Silver/black is so generic-looking. : p

So you bought something based on aesthetics? What kind of audiophool are you? :p

It turns out a lot of us were actually able to get a life outside of the thread...NOOOOO IT'S DYING!!!

Except me, last night at least. I got bored though and played FTL until 1:30 then had to get up early today. Dammit you were right, it's addicting!

http://schiit.com/products/wyrd-usb-decrapifier

Although the price and what it does is a bit....well you know. I can't hate it thanks to the truthful FAQ

[COLOR=8F8F8F]Wait, what?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Oh, you haven’t heard this? Funny how the buzzwords change. There was recently an AES paper about galvanic isolation at full USB 2.0 speed, but there are no commercially available solutions for it. Don’t worry, when and if it’s ever available, we’ll make sure we’re fully buzzword compliant.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Are you saying I need to get this thing if I have a USB DAC?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Nope, not at all. Most USB DACs work just fine when running on computer power, without any hitches, glitches, or strange noises. However, if you have USB power problems, this is a great way to eliminate them. Especially if it’s a USB-powered DAC.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Well, I could just buy a $20 powered hub if I’m having USB port power management problems, right? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Yep you can, and yep, that would solve that problem.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Isn’t this just a way to get another $99 out of us? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=8F8F8F]Not unless you buy it…and keep it.[/COLOR]

More or less acknowledging the use of buzzwords, that you don't need it, and that you can buy a 'powered' USB hub with power management features (around $20+) and it would do approx the same thing, and that their business is primarily in selling the unit to a person that keeps it.

I seriously don't get why they're charging $100 for it if they even say a $20 powered hub does the job just fine... Not only that but the hifimediy USB isolator also does the same thing, but at $28. Reminds me that I need to get one since I did hear a difference with it plugged in on my laptop, and my desktop's USB power is quite noisy.

Also, I finished Gurren Lagann last night. Holy balls that was epic!!! Maybe my new favorite show evar.

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #116,089 of 177,750
Lol!!! You should have at least posted something!
Fair enough, that's what I've been busy with too.
So you bought something based on aesthetics? What kind of audiophool are you?
tongue.gif

Except me, last night at least. I got bored though and played FTL until 1:30 then had to get up early today. Dammit you were right, it's addicting!
I seriously don't get why they're charging $100 for it if they even say a $20 powered hub does the job just fine... Not only that but the hifimediy USB isolator also does the same thing, but at $28. Reminds me that I need to get one since I did hear a difference with it plugged in on my laptop, and my desktop's USB power is quite noisy.

Also, I finished Gurren Lagann last night. Holy balls that was epic!!! Maybe my new favorite show evar.

The thing with audiophile audio is that even though many consumer technologies are there that can do/fix 95% of the problem. They aren't specific enough for the last bit.

The thought pattern is something akin to knowing that while the power managemnt of $25 hubs can do it, WHY NOT add in other stuff that adds redundancies, better circuits, etc etc for audio?

If that works, or how much effect it has can be argued, but that is more or less what it comes down to

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #116,090 of 177,750
Are you serious (O_O). You're sticking your tongue out at me so hard to tell if it's a actual possibility. How much you think we are talking in shipping?

Roughly US$170.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #116,092 of 177,750
Only $170! Panda, will I get taxed on something like this when it enters the US? Do u know? I'm a ask a friend who works in this field as well.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #116,094 of 177,750
Well I hate to be the one person to leave neutral feedback to an eBay vendor, but the item I received didn't quite match the description given. There was deteriorating foam underneath each earpad. :/

On second thought #1, these don't need nearly as much power as I thought despite its inefficiency and high impedance.

On second thought #2, I'm liking the sound out of these vintage AKGs MUCH more than the K 701! : o

People weren't kidding when they said the old AKGs sound better.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #116,095 of 177,750
  That can't be right can it?

Shipping an entire big ass bike to the USA with tracking, bells and whistles, and insurance?

€70 for a <20kg package + €30 because it's super bulky + €15 to insure it up to €25k
Tracking doesn't cost anything extra.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #116,096 of 177,750
Well I hate to be the one person to leave neutral feedback to an eBay vendor, but the item I received didn't quite match the description given. There was deteriorating foam underneath each earpad. :/

On second thought #1, these don't need nearly as much power as I thought despite its inefficiency and high impedance.

On second thought #2, I'm liking the sound out of these vintage AKGs MUCH more than the K 701! : o

People weren't kidding when they said the old AKGs sound better.

Depending on the price, what it is worth to you etc, you could try reeturning them?

€70 for a <20kg package + €30 because it's super bulky + €15 to insure it up to €25k
Tracking doesn't cost anything extra.

What about size of the big ass package it will probably come in?

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #116,098 of 177,750
  What about size of the big ass package it will probably come in?

I just read that the combined length and girth has to be under 360cm....problematic :/
No clue how big the packages are that Canyon ships its bikes in.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #116,099 of 177,750
  :D

Brutal at times but fun.

beerchug.gif

Haven't watched it yet, but I really appreciate this.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-26/knights-of-sidonia-anime-gets-2nd-season/.76004

Better than a second season of NGNL.....

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #116,100 of 177,750
  I just read that the combined length and girth has to be under 360cm....problematic :/
No clue how big the packages are that Canyon ships its bikes in.

That's what I was refering to when I meant cost. 

It wouldn't be wise to give someone an estimate for itnernationally shipping an item that is known/going to come in a big ass package.

And then realize it is going to cost $300 to ship it lol

beerchug.gif

Haven't watched it yet, but I really appreciate this.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-26/knights-of-sidonia-anime-gets-2nd-season/.76004

Better than a second season of NGNL.....

... Hmm I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back