「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #106,219 of 177,745
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #106,220 of 177,745
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #106,221 of 177,745
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the quality of anime is going down these days? Winter 2014 season I still haven't found more than a handful of anything really worth watching (only watching Strike the Blood, Nagi no Asukara, Noragami, Engaged to the Unidentified)

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #106,222 of 177,745
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the quality of anime is going down these days? Winter 2014 season I still haven't found more than a handful of anything really worth watching (only watching Strike the Blood, Nagi no Asukara, Noragami, Engaged to the Unidentified)

:p
http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Miyazaki-Blames-Otaku-Animators-for-Anime-Decline-5476.aspx

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #106,223 of 177,745

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Miyazaki-Blames-Otaku-Animators-for-Anime-Decline-5476.aspx

Oh the irony...

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #106,224 of 177,745

Quality is down, and profits are slowly rising again back to 2006 levels.

2006 was the year with the most original anime EVER launched and had about 3X more anime in the entire year airing than right now due to profits and amazing increase of the anime market. 2007 and 2008 slowed down a bit and then Murican stock market and BOOM. 

In the comming years since then, a few companies went under etc

tongue.gif

I read his explanation

His quote and sentiment is taken out of context.

The real sentiment he was trying to drive is the one we talk about a lot. Where the 'paying' market is currently creating the paradox of a problem. Not that Otaku's and their piss poor stastes are wrong, but that they do pose some...hardships

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #106,225 of 177,745

I am pretty sure that the winter season is normally quite 'light' in comparison to the spring and summer seasons. On that note, I am enjoying quite a few shows from this season (Space Dandy, Noragami, Saki, Engaged, and more) as well as several from last season (Tokyo Ravens (highly recommended), Kill la Kill, Log Horizon, Strike the Blood, and more). In the end, I'm not really disappointed yet. I think I was more disappointed in most of the single cour shows from last season that ended up being letdowns (Kyoukai no Kanata and Coppelion). 

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #106,226 of 177,745
Just got my Mac running

I'm a bit unsatisfied with the speed test

I've been reading that some Mac's have issues utilizing the Samsung EVO 840 properly due to its controller.

I'm getting only 200MB/s by 250MB/s (read) as opposed to the 400MB/s I could

I'll be trying out Windows installation tmmrw to see if that will spice things up

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #106,227 of 177,745
  Just got my Mac running

I've been reading that some Mac's have issues utilizing the Samsung EVO 840 properly due to its controller.

I'll be trying out Windows installation tmmrw to see if that will spice things up

Does the Macbook Pro have a SATA 3.0 6GBPS connection?

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #106,228 of 177,745
Just got my Mac running

My USB 3.0 hard drive can get speeds up to 5 Gb/s. I highly doubt that I'll ever get close to that number.
dealwithit.jpg

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #106,229 of 177,745
Anime is always more fun when watched in groups!*
*Assuming it's not hentai, ecchi, or nakige.

I assume you have never watched hentai on a public screening at a convention? :wink: Many of those can be watched for their comedy factor, whether it means what happens in it, or just the quality.

That reminds me, on one of the conventions there was no hentai night planned, so some people just brought their laptops, sat in a corner of DDR/Stepmania room and... started to watch hentai. Before you know it, the corner was filled with people. :-D
Oh and next day the hentai people took over the room and made a more normal screening early in the morning, for a few hours.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #106,230 of 177,745

Anime is always more fun when watched in groups!*
*Assuming it's not hentai, ecchi, or nakige.

I assume you have never watched hentai on a public screening at a convention? :wink: Many of those can be watched for their comedy factor, whether it means what happens in it, or just the quality.

That reminds me, on one of the conventions there was no hentai night planned, so some people just brought their laptops, sat in a corner of DDR/Stepmania room and... started to watch hentai. Before you know it, the corner was filled with people. :-D
Oh and next day the hentai people took over the room and made a more normal screening early in the morning, for a few hours.

Nope, I haven't. I haven't been to a convention yet either though. I'll probably do that at Sakura-con.
There are soooo many hentai you can watch just for the comedy factor alone. What I meant in the above statement was for "good" H if you know what I mean. 
wink.gif

LOL, brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back