「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #105,228 of 177,745
Is it just me or does this Space Dandy ep remind me of Redline?

That and Initial D.
Incredible episode! Perfectly executed mindless fun with the best ending ever.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #105,229 of 177,745
This, unless you're doing a program that will only require an office suite (BBA being a prime example.....)

Or better:
A program that will only require cross platform and open source programs. (only thing I use is Mathematica and LaTeX. I might do some simple programming in C++ or Matlab later)

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #105,230 of 177,745
Or better:
A program that will only require cross platform and open source programs. (only thing I use is Mathematica and LaTeX. I might do some simple programming in C++ or Matlab later)

Matlab is scary....soooooooo many features and functions!
But it's super handy.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #105,231 of 177,745
Matlab is scary....soooooooo many features and functions!

But it's super handy.

I still wish I knew a 'normal' programing language though.

Whenever I have to program anything I always use Mathematica, since it's the only thing I know. But there are many things it can't do -- like good file operations, building programs with a UI or do simple operations really quickly. Need to learn C++ sometime, maybe PHP too. :S

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #105,233 of 177,745
Any horror stories ordering from cdjapan?
I'm thinking of buying an album from that site but I'm concerned on shipping duration and custom problems.

Anyway, ordered this tiny nugget.
http://www.audiophonics.fr/audiophonics-usabre-mini-usb-dac-24bit96khz-sa9023es9023-p-5807.html
A cheap as chips DAC for my laptop. Now I can get some serious home listening sessions. :D

Also, I saw Evangelion 2.22 and oh boy did this one pleased me even more than the first. Absolutely, truly wonderful. I even clapped my hands after watching it. So wonderful that I won't bother torrenting 3.33. I'm going to buy that s***, the collectors edition blu-ray one, all 40€ of it.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #105,234 of 177,745
I'm thinking of buying an album from that site but I'm concerned on shipping duration and custom problems.

http://www.audiophonics.fr/audiophonics-usabre-mini-usb-dac-24bit96khz-sa9023es9023-p-5807.html
A cheap as chips DAC for my laptop. Now I can get some serious home listening sessions. :D

Also, I saw Evangelion 2.22 and oh boy did this one pleased me even more than the first. Absolutely, truly wonderful. I even clapped my hands after watching it. So wonderful that I won't bother torrenting 3.33. I'm going to buy that s***, the collectors edition blu-ray one, all 40€ of it.

Still need to watch 3.33 orz

I got downloaded it the moment it got released online, pretty much. But I still haven't watched it.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #105,235 of 177,745

never heard of this dac.  Any good?

I just heard good things about cdjapan.  

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #105,236 of 177,745

Oh that thing is cute :3

3.33 is...different.
Nothing beats End of Evangelion!

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #105,237 of 177,745

never heard of this dac.  Any good?

I just heard good things about cdjapan.  

Never heard of it as well but its internals seems to be roughly the same as you might find in an odac and its akin to the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB Dac but with a better build quality but the main thing is that it's cheap so why not.
According to one French review, it has incredible performance for its price but the line out and headphone amp is a tad weak and it lacks a bit of dynamics in certain configurations.

Ok thanks, I guess I'll order from them.

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #105,239 of 177,745

Never heard of it as well but its internals seems to be roughly the same as you might find in an odac and its akin to the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB Dac but with a better build quality but the main thing is that it's cheap so why not.
According to one French review, it has incredible performance for its price but the line out and headphone amp is a tad weak and it lacks a bit of dynamics in certain configurations.

Ok thanks, I guess I'll order from them.

its about the same price as the bigger enclosed hifimediy.  like 2 bucks difference  http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=87

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #105,240 of 177,745
Setup like Win 8.1 versus Setup like Win 7 for Parallel Desktop...

why one do you guys prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back