「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 31, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #103,397 of 177,750
  But then Windows / Mac systems can't see my USB thumb drive......

I'm using Ubuntu Server.

Trying to sound like a newbie here
tongue.gif

There are programs to mount ext4 on windows, not sure about mac,, though you could just use sftp / samba to access the files from other computers. That's what i do :c

Why do you use thumb drive on server ?

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #103,398 of 177,750
  There are programs to mount ext4 on windows, not sure about mac,, though you could just use sftp / samba to access the files from other computers. That's what i do :c

Why do you use thumb drive on server ?

transferring fires before I got internet connection

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #103,401 of 177,750
No more Gigabit in our house

Our house is capable of 1000/1000 and some rooms got it, but after I called, they were 'alerted' to their mistake of allowing their switches to be set to 'auto negotiate' which gave some rooms 1000/1000 (very few).

Now they just turned it and set it to only 100/100....**** :frowning2:

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #103,402 of 177,750
  But then Windows / Mac systems can't see my USB thumb drive......

I'm using Ubuntu Server.

Trying to sound like a newbie here
tongue.gif

Well you would be succeeding. lol

Our house is capable of 1000/1000 and some rooms got it, but after I called, they were 'alerted' to their mistake of allowing their switches to be set to 'auto negotiate' which gave some rooms 1000/1000 (very few).

lol OOPS

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #103,403 of 177,750

GG Bowei, GG!

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #103,405 of 177,750
Jan 31, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #103,407 of 177,750
Seriously, who actually cares about that?
I won't call it the best thing ever, for sure. But it's 100x better than the previous OP. That one was absolutely horrible.

I'm ok with the compression of most Jpop. 

sister's Noise and the stuff used in Accel World is pretty much fine with me

It's when you get to the compression level of SnK (especially the second OP) that I can't stand. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #103,409 of 177,750

Seems pretty accurate to me~

Me too. NGE is one of those things where people seem to NEED it to have a deeper meaning. My personal belief is that the setting and plot devices in that show make little sense, and were never really meant to. It's all about Shinji and how emo he is. So all the theories out there are just people trying to make something out of nothing. If that show hadn't used biblical and other religious terms, then there would be no debate that that comic is 100% accurate lol.

The comic is very one-sided. I'm pretty sure Shinji doesn't have much problems with Misato, Asuka or Rei. The shallowest interpretation of why Shinji is so emo is that he thinks his negligent father took his mother away. Which is entirely true - Shinji's mother didn't simply pass away; she died as a result of her involvement in Gendo's Eva Project.

To me, there's nothing biblical, and nothing philosophical.

I'm ok with the compression of most Jpop. 

sister's Noise and the stuff used in Accel World is pretty much fine with me

It's when you get to the compression level of SnK (especially the second OP) that I can't stand. 

Have you heard the third track in Linked Horizon's single called "Moshi Kono Kabe no Naka ga Ikken no Ie da to ****ara" (もしこの壁の中が一軒の家だとしたら)?

Dammit, HF censoring 

I want to know the backstory of Mayu in WUG so so bad!!!

The only Mayu I know is from Elfen Lied. What does WUG stand for?

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #103,410 of 177,750
  I want to know the backstory of Mayu in WUG so so bad!!!

Mayu made her debut at publisher Shogakukan in 1994, drawing series for Shōjo Comic magazine. In 2007 she left the company, noting that her editors were excessively demanding and abusive, creating a stressful work environment.
In her blog, Shinjo noted that though she was the actual creator of her manga titles, she was one of the last to know about any adaptation plans for her series, even learning about some through TV channel websites instead of her editor. When she decided to leave, one editor threatened to take all of her earlier series out of print, but Shinjo contacted a lawyer and the threat was never carried out.

The only Mayu I know is from Elfen Lied. What does WUG stand for?

Wake up, Girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back