「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #99,046 of 177,750
Y U NO

They make up the best parts of anime's!!!

Without these metaphors. SSY is pretty much .......very Valvravy. Witht he difference being that Valvrave's metaphors suck a lot and are very overt.

Nope, I care about tension, characters, plot, and art mainly.
Tension is really high here, which is good. Characters are good, but perhaps slightly on the boring side; definitely not shallow though.
Art is top notch. Seriously, it's the best I've seen in a long while.
Plot is complex, yet without any apparent large plotholes. Produces quite a bit of tension, and is so far not that predictable. I was able to predict a few things, but not as much as usual.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #99,047 of 177,750
It's always a plus in my books if an anime manages to make me think about the deeper meaning of the things that are happening :|

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #99,048 of 177,750
15˚C indoors.... *cold*
confused_face.gif

I should wear a bit more than a pair of boxers.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #99,049 of 177,750
  15˚C indoors.... *cold*
confused_face.gif

Excuse me?
Is your AC running on 100%?

Does anyone here know a really good Yakuza themed anime?
There are four episodes like this in Black Lagoon and they are fuggin brilliant! They should have made a whole series out of this :|
More!

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #99,050 of 177,750
  Excuse me?

There are four episodes like this in Black Lagoon and they are fuggin brilliant! They should have made a whole series out of this :|

Uhh... no? my AC is off.

Which ones have you watched?

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #99,051 of 177,750
Finished watching Shinsekai Yori.

It was excellent. Then ending was good as well. Like any show it wasn't perfect, but I'd honestly put it in the highest tier of stuff I've watched.
It's a solid 10/10. It moved me, it amused me, and it kept me at the edge of my chair for the majority of the sitting.

The characters had no particular annoying traits, seemed realistic, and the major characters had deep personality traits. Like any good show (imo) the villains turn out to have a perfectly solid reasoning for their actions, and I was able to emphasize with them quite well.

The plot was set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, which always needs some good justification of how the situation came into being. They did this well without hindering the plot, or seeming unrealistic (i.e. giving room for huge plot holes)

The art was top notch. They eyes were a bit too diabetic, but it didn't really bother me at all.

The plot was good. It had a clear and constant pace and covered a lot of ground; it was paced perfectly for a 25 episode anime, a lot of stuff happened but the pace wasn't so high that too much detail was lost or confusion was caused. The beginning may have been a bit slow on the other hand.
It had some interesting themes, and caused a good amount of tension. Unfortunately, some of the tension was horror-like (i.e. like the one you feel in horror movies), which to me always feels a bit forced; kinda annoys me when watching it, but it was only prevalent for 2-3 episodes.
The ending was good too. I wasn't really left with any burning questions, and there was no Deus Ex going on either.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #99,052 of 177,750
  Uhh... no? my AC is off.

Which ones have you watched?

:D
I totally forgot that there is something as "winter" in HK!

What do you mean? Black Lagoon episodes or Yakuza anime?

It was excellent. Then ending was good as well. Like any show it wasn't perfect, but I'd honestly put it in the highest tier of stuff I've watched.
It's a solid 10/10. It moved me, it amused me, and it kept me at the edge of my chair for the majority of the sitting.

The characters had no particular annoying traits, seemed realistic, and the major characters had deep personality traits. Like any good show (imo) the villains turn out to have a perfectly solid reasoning for their actions, and I was able to emphasize with them quite well.

The plot was set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, which always needs some good justification of how the situation came into being. They did this well without hindering the plot, or seeming unrealistic (i.e. giving room for huge plot holes)

The art was top notch. They eyes were a bit too diabetic, but it didn't really bother me at all.

The plot was good. It had a clear and constant pace and covered a lot of ground; it was paced perfectly for a 25 episode anime, a lot of stuff happened but the pace wasn't so high that too much detail was lost or confusion was caused. The beginning may have been a bit slow on the other hand.
It had some interesting themes, and caused a good amount of tension. Unfortunately, some of the tension was horror-like (i.e. like the one you feel in horror movies), which to me always feels a bit forced; kinda annoys me when watching it, but it was only prevalent for 2-3 episodes.
The ending was good too. I wasn't really left with any burning questions, and there was no Deus Ex going on either.

Glad you liked it :wink:

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #99,054 of 177,750
15˚C indoors.... *cold* :confused_face:  

That feel happens to me daily

Nope, I care about tension, characters, plot, and art mainly.
Tension is really high here, which is good. Characters are good, but perhaps slightly on the boring side; definitely not shallow though.
Art is top notch. Seriously, it's the best I've seen in a long while.
Plot is complex, yet without any apparent large plotholes. Produces quite a bit of tension, and is so far not that predictable. I was able to predict a few things, but not as much as usual.

Yeah those are also good criteria for me. But i love a good metaphor

It's always a plus in my books if an anime manages to make me think about the deeper meaning of the things that are happening :|

Yep. Exactly how i feel

Excuse me?

More!

Ichi the killer movie
GTO
Sun Ken Rock(amazing)

I agree with many of the points :)

Great show. Art style was very good. But animation takes SERIOUS dips at times

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #99,055 of 177,750

Wait wut..? I thought you finished it long ago....

What bothered me the most near the end was that
all the build-up to finding the vial of anthrax did nothing.

:D
I totally forgot that there is something as "winter" in HK!

What do you mean? Black Lagoon episodes or Yakuza anime?

Yeah, it's like 7˚C outside....

yakuza anime.

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #99,056 of 177,750
  Not anime, but if you haven't read the manga "Heat", it's pretty good.

Ichi the killer movie
GTO
Sun Ken Rock(amazing)

Will look into these! Thanks!

Yeah, it's like 7˚C outside....  
yakuza anime.

It's warmer in Germany than in HK?
Sure, why not? :|

I haven't watched any, but these six (or five?) episodes in Black Lagoon blew me away!
I really do like the Yakuza games btw.

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #99,058 of 177,750

Lol, at least you had the freaking concert there... He said it was only ~$100 USD too, but he got in for free. I would've gone for that. Then again, no way she's probably every coming to the states. Meh.

Really? You thought it was good? It was like watching an American soap opera in anime form to me... >_<
What even happened in the end? 
Black-hair left and now sl00tface Ougiso is gonna love Mr. MC man until he can move to Venice?

So how did he get in for free, would seriously love to know.

It's not the results that's good but the whole presentation of the show.

BTW, it's Vienna, not Venice.

He said his friend had an extra ticket...

Blegh, whatever. Some city outside of japan that starts with a "V". I guess that's what I get for watching anime in a sleep deprived state like I was last night...

So how did he get in for free, would seriously love to know.

It's not the results that's good but the whole presentation of the show.

BTW, it's Vienna, not Venice.

An Asian educating an American on European topography. A beautiful sight.

Incidentally, I've actually been to both cities. I can confirm that a significant difference between the two exists.

Lol. I should go to both cities someday, considering I'm part Italian and (probably) part Austrian.

15˚C indoors.... *cold* :confused_face:  

Hahaha, happens to me too, mostly because I leave my window open at night though... :rolleyes:
At least it's 7 over there! It's below zero here,

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #99,059 of 177,750

Tekkon Kinkreet? It's a movie.

Enjoying this alot today! Very fun, :D 

I know that game, but I forgot the name of it. It was one of the games I wanted from the Humble Bundle.
When I first saw that screenshot, I thought "Bambi?"

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #99,060 of 177,750
Tekkon Kinkreet? It's a movie.
I know that game, but I forgot the name of it. It was one of the games I wanted from the Humble Bundle.
When I first saw that screenshot, I thought "Bambi?"

That's Dust. It's on sale right now.

So I finished Black Lagoon and I have to say...same level as Cowboy Bebop.
It focuses on different aspects though.
The second half is definetely stronger than the first one. Not a single boring episode!
And the last 6 ones? More thrilling than a lot of stuff I've seen in years. Not just when it comes to anime.

So, onwards to the glorious OVA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back