「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #97,546 of 177,744
  Yeah, I've been listening to the OP and ED for a while. I think I like the OP more, but the ED is still a good song.
i have yet to watch it because I am waiting until I can see it with some friends. I dunno if I can hang out with anyone today to watch it though... :/

Haha, well I've actually got the ED stuck in my head WAAAAYYYYY back when my friend showed me the S;G Movie PV.

Also, I just watched the Steins;Gate movie. All I can say is "meh". I'm kinda glad I cancelled my preorder on Amazon Japan. I'll probably rewatch it again before I give it a full score, but I don't think this is 10/10 material like the original show was.

It's not 10/10 but still very good nevertheless. At least I was emotionally moved in some way.

I thought you were only interpreting the class with anime quotes, not that they specifically and purpsoefully put it in there.

Considering how many subs and translations of Bake are out, how did your teachers know a student would recognize it.

um........ what?

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #97,547 of 177,744

Also, I just watched the Steins;Gate movie. All I can say is "meh". I'm kinda glad I cancelled my preorder on Amazon Japan. I'll probably rewatch it again before I give it a full score, but I don't think this is 10/10 material like the original show was.

It's not 10/10 but still very good nevertheless. At least I was emotionally moved in some way.

It does flow rather well and didn't seems to stall. The pacing, I can't flaw and stayed very engaging right till then end. Certainly one of the better ones, and very Stein; Gate like.

Me like.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #97,548 of 177,744
To be hit with Little Buster! right after that... is a different matter.

I would say no ty to LB for a bit.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #97,549 of 177,744
  Nah, they had to do some character building first to get you "emotionally attached" to the characters... 
rolleyes.gif

The only needed to build the core characters though, the other girls from season one have become completely inconsequential. Like; knowing what you do now, does Kudryavka's story have any bearing on anything. I just feel they could have told the same story, and had plenty of impact in 14-15 episodes.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #97,550 of 177,744
Anyone here know how to make paper circuits?

The idea is this:

I will be making circuits with that silver conductive ink thingy. Since the idea is going to be an interactive art piece, ill have one part of the circuit open for the person to complete the circuit.

I want to start with a simple circuit, and as the pages flip by, the circuit becomes needlessly complicated. That is to say, the only function it does is to light up a small lightbulb, however, the more complex circuits would have multiple gaps that I make the viewer participate in it and fill in with a provided conductive pen. 

Anyone willing to help design it for me? 

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #97,551 of 177,744
  Anyone here know how to make paper circuits?

The idea is this:

I will be making circuits with that silver conductive ink thingy. Since the idea is going to be an interactive art piece, ill have one part of the circuit open for the person to complete the circuit.

I want to start with a simple circuit, and as the pages flip by, the circuit becomes needlessly complicated. That is to say, the only function it does is to light up a small lightbulb, however, the more complex circuits would have multiple gaps that I make the viewer participate in it and fill in with a provided conductive pen. 

Anyone willing to help design it for me? 

Haha reminds me of the graphite paper circuits I made in grade school. Of course... graphite was no where as good as metal paste.

Does the audience draw on the paper or touch it?
both are do-able but then having the audience draw on it would be like... single use.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #97,552 of 177,744

Haha reminds me of the graphite paper circuits I made in grade school. Of course... graphite was no where as good as metal paste.

Does the audience draw on the paper or touch it?
both are do-able but then having the audience draw on it would be like... single use.

It's not really designed to be reusable, so that's ok :)

The prompt was about student debt

The "concept" is that because you're using "silver" to draw, you're literally spilling out your own wealth. That is to say, college is pretty expensive. 
As you proceed to more complex circuits to "fill in the gaps," you end up using even more silver, representative of how higher education normally costs more etc..

I'm wondering though, is it possible to ship batteries (since you do need them in order to light up the bulbs for each page), in domestic mail? I have to ship the actual "booklet of circuits" to the college I'm answering hometest prompt. 

Oh, and I'm also curious if its possible to print circuits. I don't know if there are places that have silver inkjet printer services. But I know it's possible to directly print the circuit.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #97,553 of 177,744

The "concept" is that because you're using "silver" to draw, you're literally spilling out your own wealth. That is to say, college is pretty expensive. 
As you proceed to more complex circuits to "fill in the gaps," you end up using even more silver, representative of how higher education normally costs more etc..

I'm wondering though, is it possible to ship batteries (since you do need them in order to light up the bulbs for each page), in domestic mail? I have to ship the actual "booklet of circuits" to the college I'm answering hometest prompt. 

Good question, there was a way around that, but I don't think so.

This exemplifies my studying for finals right now.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #97,554 of 177,744

Ahh I see ~

Batteries in domestic mail should be ok but I'm not too familiar with USPS policies so don't quote me on that.

The most difficult part would be having the batteries still attached to the pages after shipping it......
You might want to glue a 3V button battery to the last page and put silver ink on the side of your book so it connects to every page.

I'm guessing each page will have a circuit and a LED?

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #97,556 of 177,744

Ahh I see ~

Batteries in domestic mail should be ok but I'm not too familiar with USPS policies so don't quote me on that.

The most difficult part would be having the batteries still attached to the pages after shipping it......
You might want to glue a 3V button battery to the last page and put silver ink on the side of your book so it connects to every page.

I'm guessing each page will have a circuit and a LED?

Yup 

I'm curious, would it be possible to put a small watch battery on each page instead of having it connect to the back page? I'm worried that if the person doesn't hold down the pages, the ink that connects to the back battery would have a break in it.

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #97,557 of 177,744
  Yup 

I'm curious, would it be possible to put a small watch battery on each page instead of having it connect to the back page? I'm worried that if the person doesn't hold down the pages, the ink that connects to the back battery would have a break in it.

But then you book would be like.... really thick. lol
How many pages do you have?

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #97,559 of 177,744
Dec 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #97,560 of 177,744

But then you book would be like.... really thick. lol
How many pages do you have?

Prob less than 10. An intro page. 8 or so circuits of increasing complexity. Ending page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back