「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #93,872 of 177,750
Gah, I dunno what to say on their behalf. There these guys talking about how the X3 shouldn't be able to power the LCD3. I would like to point them to xnor's thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/668238/headphones-sensitivity-impedance-required-v-i-p-amplifier-gain
But then according to that chart probably even the HE-6 is fair game for a dinky E12, so who would buy something like the E9?

In other news, I have way too much old anime sitting in my hard disk unwatched...
In other news, just demoed Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! and kinda like it :p

/find something to say

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #93,873 of 177,750

Any idea how well PPSSPP would let Toradora run on a Snapdragon 600?

Probably a heck of a lot better then Snapdragon S2 :wink: , which is what the HTC Desire HD runs. And probably even better then what it might do on a [COLOR=4D4D4D]Nexus 10, I think it runs a [/COLOR]Exyos 5 or something like that.

As long as you don't expect much for audio (or no audio at all) or from the animation speed/quality, you'll probably love it.

Edit:

Just reformatted my Gnex. I wiped everything off the virtual SDcard slot. I haven't tried file transfers yet though so i can't comment on if they've improved, but I threw MIUI on it for a change. It's been quite a while (think the days of the Moto Droid (milestone) X getting a bootloader bypass) since I've rolled ROMs. Now that I don't have to worry about transferring apps to the new install, I might just play around with a few more ROMs on it now in now :)

Shouldn't you know more then me anyways? Haha, me know no things.

Hmm, I dunno how it'll run. Chase's GS4 (with a higher clocked snapdragon 600) had a tough time playing project diva F, but then again he has a higher Rez display.
Hmm, maybe that'll convince atom to finally get an android, so he can play his favorite series :p

Sorry lol, I think that was meant to go in the android-fi thread mostly.
I was having a bad time with my Gnes being horribly slow with file transferring...

Lol, I may or may not keep it... I'll probably stop using it until I get a straight cable. According to Rin though, adding resistance flattens out the treble response a bit. While they still don't have the epic bass thump I was after, they do in fact sound pretty darned flat. Sometimes a bit too dull, but still pretty good overall.

You want to dampen the treble response? :blink: All of my IEMs goes from warm-ish into warm if I try to run the straight it out of the e07k. Which was why I stopped. The bass boost is pretty decent for something of that price though.

Nah, adding resistance actually boosts the treble on the UE900s. :xf_eek:

I think this is the best closed-back headphone I've heard. :basshead:

Thanks for letting me borrow the Mad Dogs for a few days Tracey!

Lol, no problem. All in the name of science! :D

For those that watched Steins;Gate (BD OVA "Episode 25")...

He should have stayed a girl....

My sides... the best trap that ever happened in history.

Yup, that was a glorious episode :)

Boobytrap spelled backwards is Partyboob.

The more you know...

Hi guys! *Points at custom title*

Does that mean you're not a MOT technically?
Congrats!

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #93,876 of 177,750
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #93,879 of 177,750
Gah, I dunno what to say on their behalf. There these guys talking about how the X3 shouldn't be able to power the LCD3. I would like to point them to xnor's thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/668238/headphones-sensitivity-impedance-required-v-i-p-amplifier-gain
But then according to that chart probably even the HE-6 is fair game for a dinky E12, so who would buy something like the E9?

In other news, I have way too much old anime sitting in my hard disk unwatched...
In other news, just demoed Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! and kinda like it :p

/find something to say

Yeah, people don't really know what they're talking about here sometimes. -_-

The LCD-3 needs to be powered by a 1.21 GW amp or else it'll sound like garbage.

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #93,881 of 177,750
No really, it's your own fault. A better thing to say would be FMMOS (where MOS stands for 'Mediocre Organization Skills').
wink.gif

It's nothing to do with organization really, I've allocated over 3 days for this paper in my timetable.
If anything, it's self-control.... I've been doing random stuff the the time I allocated for this paper.

and no, MOS will only ever mean Metal Oxide Semiconductor to me.

Welp, turns out that I only need 1.5k words and I already have 500 now! :D

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #93,882 of 177,750
Hmm, I dunno how it'll run. Chase's GS4 (with a higher clocked snapdragon 600) had a tough time playing project diva F, but then again he has a higher Rez display.
Hmm, maybe that'll convince atom to finally get an android, so he can play his favorite series
tongue.gif

Sorry lol, I think that was meant to go in the android-fi thread mostly.
I was having a bad time with my Gnes being horribly slow with file transferring...

Porject Diva f!? Where be the iso!? Me must get! I want to play it so bad... but I don't have money... darn me building a new computer, then running out of HDD space. I still don't enough HDD space. Lol. Project Diva F is amazing, was watching my friend stream it, I want a Wedding Cake for Rin so bad. But Projecy Diva f is much more intense then the rest of the PDs. So it makes sense that it doesn't run that well. But both games and both devices I tried PPSSPP the audio wasn't all that great, it derped out a lot. But it was better on the Nexus 10, in both games. So, meh

Lol, I read your post in the Android-fi, and I was like "This guys makes no sense! He must know more the me!". 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #93,883 of 177,750
It's nothing to do with organization really, I've allocated over 3 days for this paper in my timetable.

If anything, it's self-control.... I've been doing random stuff the the time I allocated for this paper.

Welp, turns out that I only need 1.5k words and I already have 500 now! :D

Get of head-fi now, and just block all internet sites you shouldn't be visiting.

If you have trouble concentrating for long times on one thing try setting a timer for 1 hour and force yourself to actually work that one hour. Then after the hour is over you can take a 5-15 minute break and repeat. I find this strategy to work really well if you have to work an entire day on something. I can keep my concentration for one 3 hour period, but I'm tired after that causing a huge lack of concentration. However taking regular breaks actually makes it possible for me to work the entire day. Sure I still do random stuff like visiting head-fi like I'm doing now, but it's at least a whole lot worse than if I wouldn't regulate my working hours like that.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #93,884 of 177,750

Metal Oxide Semiconductor Burgers... beurk.
CMOS--->crappy metal oxide semiconductor?

Get of head-fi now, and just block all internet sites you shouldn't be visiting.

If you have trouble concentrating for long times on one thing try setting a timer for 1 hour and force yourself to actually work that one hour. Then after the hour is over you can take a 5-15 minute break and repeat. I find this strategy to work really well if you have to work an entire day on something. I can keep my concentration for one 3 hour period, but I'm tired after that causing a huge lack of concentration. However taking regular breaks actually makes it possible for me to work the entire day. Sure I still do random stuff like visiting head-fi like I'm doing now, but it's at least a whole lot worse than if I wouldn't regulate my working hours like that.

I do this sometimes (need to do it more tbh) but what about actual memorization? I can study like this on end but only a small bit really stays in my head :/
Any tips, aside from study/review daily?

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #93,885 of 177,750
I find that using Anki everyday to learn/review helps me memorize things. 

How's everyone been? I'm pretty excited for next week. Gonna watch blizzcon on the 7th and 8th, and then the NYC head-fi meet is on the 9th! I just took a test this morning and a have another one to study for tomorrow. Then assignments to do this weekend, yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back