「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #90,035 of 177,750
  Great episode of SnK
It was hard to understand what was 'really' happening. Who was 'in' on the plan and everything until the end...and even then, I still don't understand the switcheroo, if the MP was helping or something.

This!
I was so confused the whole time, the end hit me like a jet coming from a mile away!

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #90,036 of 177,750
  This!
I was so confused the whole time, the end hit me like a jet coming from a mile away!

The episode cut a lot of stuff out. How Erin did the switcheroo, or 'who' was even 'in' on the whole operation etc etc. The Annie part at the end was predictable, but the tension, and how well they exeucted it with amazing facial expressions was awesome.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #90,039 of 177,750
Sep 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #90,040 of 177,750
Yeah I was pretty confused....
How did everyone know Annie was the female titan?

I think the manga explained that a little better. But to keep it short, Armin's observation of a certain equipment check along with her MIAs were big hints.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #90,041 of 177,750

I think the manga explained that a little better. But to keep it short, Armin's observation of a certain equipment check along with her MIAs were big hints.

Yeah he did mention that. So what if she killed the experimental titans though, that doesn't lead to her being the female titan. It could have been Mikasa who killed the experimental titans but that doesn't mean she's the female titan.

Speaking of Mikasa, how did she know Annie was the female titan. She had no clues leading up to that remark (if you exclude physical appearances obviously).

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #90,042 of 177,750
Yeah he did mention that. So what if she killed the experimental titans though, that doesn't lead to her being the female titan. It could have been Mikasa who killed the experimental titans but that doesn't mean she's the female titan.

Speaking of Mikasa, how did she know Annie was the female titan. She had no clues leading up to that remark (if you exclude physical appearances obviously).

[SPOILER = SnK 23]
2 words: Fighting Stance. She's the one who made Eren face that possibility after he fought the female Titan.

As for experimental Titans, Mikasa had no motif to do it. Only ones who did were either people who hated titans(in which case they would have been proud, and not bother hiding that fact) or those working with the Titans themselves. The fact that Alice had someone else's gear was proof enough in Armin's mind.
[/SPOILER]

Nice collection of pics there Mech. What camera/Lens do you use?

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #90,043 of 177,750
Nice collection of pics there Mech. What camera/Lens do you use?

Nikon D3200 with the kit 18-55 lens. Just got it earlier in the year and that was one of the first times I just went out to take photos and nothing else. Had a good time out on the track in our backyard taking photos from roughly 0:15 to 1:30 :)

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #90,044 of 177,750
Guys, it wasn't that confusing. If you think it was, go read Kafka on the Shore -- ten times more confusing but still easy to follow if you ask me.

Actually a friend correctly predicted it at episode 19. Not that I care. I'll be glad when this season is finally over, and you can be sure as hell I won't watch S2 of this show.

They are using the female titan as a plot device to confuse and mind***** the audience, but not in a witty way in my opinion. Last episode was enjoyable for it's different structure and focus on another character. They should do it like that more often, because I'm getting pissed off at Erin and Mikasa for being such annoying flat characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back