「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #79,006 of 177,745
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GoqQf7GRyk

http://myanimelist.net/character/2076/Koushaku_Chouno

Freedom you say....and what's next? :)

Come and celebrate with some lovely tunes from Disneys latest pop/rock superband Deeds of Flesh ♥

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #79,010 of 177,745
@gargantia 11

What happened to the artwork?? :frowning2:
ran out of budget?

Welp... 2 eps left. I really do hope this will somehow live up to being a work of gen's however slim the chance might be.

I didn't really notice that big of a change...
I'm pissed that shingeki uses some still images instead of being fully animated >_<

Remember all the colors from the first few episodes?

All gone.

Now it's like watching everything through a puddle of mud. Brown, grey and black wherever you look.

It's not only that, this time some of the facial features looks strange too.....

That's one thing I did notice was weird on this last episode of gargantia: the facial expressions of the background characters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GoqQf7GRyk

http://myanimelist.net/character/2076/Koushaku_Chouno

Lol what the hell, I got a Spanish ad on that video...
Really google? Do people in my area speak Spanish THAT much to where you throw out random ads in Spanish??? :mad:

Next is probably going to Freedomland.

Yay! Cue pics that I can't currently access since I'm on my iPad...

Freedom you say....and what's next? :)

Come and celebrate with some lovely tunes from Disneys latest pop/rock superband Deeds of Flesh ♥

Eew. Eew. Eew. Eew on so many levels...

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #79,011 of 177,745
@Suisei no Gargantia 11
Not really noticing the problem with facial features...

It's funny, does the story take place in the "Sea of Fog" (or whatever it's called) to reduce drawing demands?  Reminds me of the Fog of War in the olden days of early 3D games to limit the number of polygons drawn far away and at the same time prevent the disconcerting sight of objects and characters suddenly popping up in the middle distance
tongue.gif

The lines of battle have been drawn: on the one side we have the Galactic Alliance, where every person is a cog in a giant war machine; on the other side we have the natives, lazing about and squabbling amongst themselves without a care in the world.  The story leaves no doubt as to which side is the villian.

I think the story is a metaphor for democratic capitalistic states vs totalitarian regimes: the former an unruly lot of people squabbling amongst themselves but often finding prosperity, seemingly by accident; the latter being a purpose-built war machine with every human member being a cog therein.

I find it ironic, however, that the land of the free is a sparsely populated, "verduous" planet, when democracy, peace and capitalism have proven in real life to lead to population explosion and ecological calamity.  Totalitarian regimes have actually done more to keep the planet sparsely populated and "verduous" for thousands of years, by means of directing the members of different totalitarian regimes to spill the guts out of each other.

Perhaps that's all totalitarian regimes are ever destined to do, wage war on each other (China being a notable current day exception), thus the Galactic Alliance deserves to be demonized.  Nevertheless, I couldn't help but think that the current world could use a little totalitarian direction, for, like, birth control, environmental conservation and concentrating our formidable research muscle on finding a habitable extrasolar planet and finding a way to GTFO of Earth before our already-committed ecological mistakes turn the world into sludge.

There were a lot more things I thought about while watching the episode and I rewrote the spoiler several times.  I started writing the spoiler intending to lambast Gen for idealizing the status quo, and I still think he's guilty of that; however the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the truth about the world is so complicated that I don't even know what the truth is, and whatever it is, it surely won't make a good story.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #79,012 of 177,745
@Suisei no Gargantia 11
Not really noticing the problem with facial features...

It's funny, does the story take place in the "Sea of Fog" (or whatever it's called) to reduce drawing demands?  Reminds me of the Fog of War in the olden days of early 3D games to limit the number of polygons drawn far away and at the same time prevent the disconcerting sight of objects and characters suddenly popping up in the middle distance :p
The lines of battle have been drawn: on the one side we have the Galactic Alliance, where every person is a cog in a giant war machine; on the other side we have the natives, lazing about and squabbling amongst themselves without a care in the world.  The story leaves no doubt as to which side is the villian.

I think the story is a metaphor for democratic capitalistic states vs totalitarian regimes: the former an unruly lot of people squabbling amongst themselves but often finding prosperity, seemingly by accident; the latter being a purpose-built war machine with every human member being a cog therein.

I find it ironic, however, that the land of the free is a sparsely populated, "verduous" planet, when democracy, peace and capitalism have proven in real life to lead to population explosion and ecological calamity.  Totalitarian regimes have actually done more to keep the planet sparsely populated and "verduous" for thousands of years, by means of directing the members of different totalitarian regimes to spill the guts out of each other.

Perhaps that's all totalitarian regimes are ever destined to do, wage war on each other (China being a notable current day exception), thus the Galactic Alliance deserves to be demonized.  Nevertheless, I couldn't help but think that the current world could use a little totalitarian direction, for, like, birth control, environmental conservation and concentrating our formidable research muscle on finding a habitable extrasolar planet and finding a way to GTFO of Earth before our already-committed ecological mistakes turn the world into sludge.

There were a lot more things I thought about while watching the episode and I rewrote the spoiler several times.  I started writing the spoiler intending to lambast Gen for idealizing the status quo, and I still think he's guilty of that; however the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the truth about the world is so complicated that I don't even know what the truth is, and whatever it is, it surely won't make a good story.

Unfortunately, it seems Gen (or rather just his sub-writers since he only personally wrote the 1st and last episode) are doing a fairly generic story.

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #79,013 of 177,745
Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems Gen (or rather just his sub-writers since he only personally wrote the 1st and last episode) are doing a fairly generic story.

why is he the only one credited as the writer if he only did 2 eps???

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #79,014 of 177,745
Quote:

Awesome, right? :D

I LOVE music that makes me feel like me brain is getting scrambled while my body is getting beaten to pulp :D
Who needs stupid easy listening stuff, when you can have albums that take five ore more sittings to understand?

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #79,015 of 177,745

I really liked the part around the middle of the song. Other than that, pretty meh to be honest. Nothing really kickass.

And since we're sharing music:

Or, if you would like something lighter from the band, check the instrumental. One of my favourite ever!

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #79,016 of 177,745
Quote:
I really liked the part around the middle of the song. Other than that, pretty meh to be honest. Nothing really kickass.

And since we're sharing music:

Or, if you would like something lighter from the band, check the instrumental. One of my favourite ever!

Dude, Ephel Duath are fuggin deeeeep.

I really really like music from people who really mastered their instruments and use the full potential of them.

Fretless bass is best bass!

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #79,017 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

No idea, maybe because he's the main writer?
Read this: http://otakumode.com/news/51a1bdb5ffcbf79230012f3d/Interview-with-Gen-Urobuchi-Composer-and-Scriptwriter-of-ldquo-Gargantia-on-the-Verdurous-Planet-rdquo-1-4
Since I am responsible for composing the series, I took the first and the last episode for myself. You could say the first episode serves as a handhold for other writers so that they can get a feel for how I would like them to write by showing them the taste I am going for. The first episode needs to be done by the composer.

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome, right? :D

I LOVE music that makes me feel like me brain is getting scrambled while my body is getting beaten to pulp :D
Who needs stupid easy listening stuff, when you can have albums that take five ore more sittings to understand?

Yup, I LOVE that kind of music as well! 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #79,018 of 177,745
I really really like music from people who really mastered their instruments and use the full potential of them.

Fretless bass is best bass!

This one on the other hand, I really like. Never heard of them before (not really into Technical Death - most of the stuff is pretty boring, frankly), but will probably check the rest as well... Thanks! :)

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #79,019 of 177,745

Because his name is famous and can sell anime? And probably the chief writer or something.

No idea, maybe because he's the main writer?
Read this: http://otakumode.com/news/51a1bdb5ffcbf79230012f3d/Interview-with-Gen-Urobuchi-Composer-and-Scriptwriter-of-ldquo-Gargantia-on-the-Verdurous-Planet-rdquo-1-4

Since I am responsible for composing the series, I took the first and the last episode for myself. You could say the first episode serves as a handhold for other writers so that they can get a feel for how I would like them to write by showing them the taste I am going for. The first episode needs to be done by the composer.

And tbh the other writers did a mediocre job as a whole. Not surprised if there's going to be a "rewrite" if they want to milk money out of it if it sells enough. Like a "true Gen" edition.

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #79,020 of 177,745
I swear, if Nintendo does not release Shin Megami Tensei IV in Europe I will........cry myself to sleep and order it from 'murica? :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back