「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #78,796 of 177,750
Quote:
When I just read that I just saw the word 'Zeeland', so I thought 'why the hell are you talking about the Netherlands all of the sudden', then I noticed that the second 'e' is actually an 'a' and I got disappointed.
frown.gif

It's not for you guys really anyway.

Watching the tech video, its REALLY not for people in developed countries or already have fast, low latency internet. 

The balloon will provide internet as good as 3G-4G(HSPA+) at best. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #78,799 of 177,750
So the movie is done!?

Akira that is?

Ok! FINALLY!.

I've been counting the seconds from when the movie would end.

Some call it art.

It's up to them really. I can see the art in it. But subjectively, I didn't like it at all.

I have read the manga, and found it really good. I'm afraid watching the movie will ruin the manga for me, despite it being universally rated high. I'll probably watch it in a year or two, when I've forgotten all about Akira's plot.

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #78,800 of 177,750
Quote:
I have read the manga, and found it really good. I'm afraid watching the movie will ruin the manga for me, despite it being universally rated high. I'll probably watch it in a year or two, when I've forgotten all about Akira's plot.

The plot, setting, how they used the characters, the themes they wanted to convey. Was all pretty good. This was made over 20 years ago and everything was very smooth from the silky animation to the precision of the voicing.

But in terms of whether I liked it. I didn't.

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #78,801 of 177,750
Which movie are we talking about?

Did I ever mention that I love japanese cooking shows on youtube? ♥

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #78,804 of 177,750
Quote:
That's beautiful. I watched the entire thing and enjoyed every second of it.

They have so many awesome recipes on their channel :) Always a pleasure to watch. (I still think they glued the dog to the table)

Oh and if you like Francis, you might also enjoy Runnys videos!
Watching him, eating the dish he made at the end of the video, is often pure comedy gold :D

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #78,805 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
That's beautiful. I watched the entire thing and enjoyed every second of it.

They have so many awesome recipes on their channel :) Always a pleasure to watch. (I still think they glued the dog to the table)

Oh and if you like Francis, you might also enjoy Runnys videos!
Watching him, eating the dish he made at the end of the video, is often pure comedy gold :D

Quote:
Which movie are we talking about?

Did I ever mention that I love japanese cooking shows on youtube? ♥

Wow, great videos guys! :D
I'll have to try that dashi vegetable one some day (while adding zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots maybe).

LOL those white folks and their pronunciation. "Shogu yaki"
And the typical "peace" signs. -.-

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #78,806 of 177,750
Quote:

I'll have to try that dashi vegetable one some day (while adding zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots maybe).

The nice elderly woman who is cooking for the dog (kind of) was seriously ill a few months ago.
All their fans send them video messages, get-well-soon cards etc.
Was pretty heartwarming. And through the power of the internetz, she is back on stage :wink:

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #78,808 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:

The nice elderly woman who is cooking for the dog (kind of) was seriously ill a few months ago.
All their fans send them video messages, get-well-soon cards etc.
Was pretty heartwarming. And through the power of the internetz, she is back on stage :wink:

Oh dang, that must have been unfortunate. Glad to hear she's doing okay now.
That dog is pretty dang tame, I must say. Most dogs would probably either try to eat the food or run away.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #78,810 of 177,750
Oh dang, that must have been unfortunate. Glad to hear she's doing okay now.
That dog is pretty dang tame, I must say. Most dogs would probably either try to eat the food or run away.

My cat always sits next to me while cooking, and he's just looking at the food, never tries to steal it.

He loves looking at us cooking, even when it's just making a sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back